Albox footbridge

Started by sallyb, March 27, 2018, 19:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tandas

A Mayor can come from any background the job of headmaster which Albox's mayor held is perfectly suited to the task of being mayor, problems lie in the personal thoughts ,ambitions of each mayor.  In arboleas he is happy to report via the EWN paper on the improvements he is supervising over in various areas like Linaria but doesn't seem to care about Inn 14 being finished.  Or at least providing a schedule of action going forward.   It would be nice to know where we are in the queue.

Trinity

Moving slightly away from the footbridge saga,but in general about the happenings in and around Albox, I have yet to understand why
the market ona Tuesday was/is moved to its present location. Is the Alcaldi of Albox aware that alot of pensioners liked to go to the
Market and now because of its siting, those of us with an even minor problems find it difficult if not impossible to walk up to it,and if
you took the car up there,where can you park?   That together with the two new roundabouts on the Arboleas Road it appears there is an awful lot of mending of things which are not broken.
As for the Monet Bridge again I feel cheated.......No water  Lillies!!!!!
The Bridge being removed again is Anti pensioner now if the only place to park is on the Rambla side we have to use granite steps
down and up again or take an even longer walk round by the road access.

guest37478

Quote from: Maura on March 28, 2018, 22:07:08 PM
Lorca is in Murcia. A different autonomous region of Spain ie. not Andalucia. It it therefore governed by a different set of planning laws.  :91:

True. Just a different kind of bandit country though. They are exceptionally clever at draining underground reservoirs causing earthquakes that would have happened anyway forwards. Such as 2012. Try getting earthquake insurance around Lorca now. No one held accountable so they will do it again.

Stupid is what stupid does. Let's hope they dont drain the underground reservoirs again soon. The intelligence levels seem to fall off at the Pyrenees and then off a cliff south of Madrid.

sallyb

I still find it difficult to understand why you can walk across the rambler but can't cross it via a footbridge
Phyll

Maura

Lorca is in Murcia. A different autonomous region of Spain ie. not Andalucia. It it therefore governed by a different set of planning laws.  :91:

peacie

I would doubt that storm drains would have copped with the flood of 1973' shown in the video link above, or the terrible flood in 2012. 

LittleRichard

VIVA ESPAÑA

Rtis

They are known as Storm drains, many in N.America !! Work perfectly!

Angleseyite

Quote from: Rtis on March 28, 2018, 18:13:17 PM
A TOTAL FIASCO !!!!!! In Lorca the rambla has benches etc, maybe it is outside of Bandit country ! As for the rambla (albox) this was completely over the top when it was done ? All it needed was large concrete pipes installed and reinforced concrete shell over it, AND finished just past the Main bridge to Nowhere !! ALL the poncing about with the stonework would not have been needed !! As for the mayor, wasn't he a school teacher at one time ?   Ummmmm !

As an engineer I would be very wary of putting any restrictions in a rambla.  :a102:

Rtis

A TOTAL FIASCO !!!!!! In Lorca the rambla has benches etc, maybe it is outside of Bandit country ! As for the rambla (albox) this was completely over the top when it was done ? All it needed was large concrete pipes installed and reinforced concrete shell over it, AND finished just past the Main bridge to Nowhere !! ALL the poncing about with the stonework would not have been needed !! As for the mayor, wasn't he a school teacher at one time ?   Ummmmm !

lorrydriver

Optomist

Didnt those responsible know that before having the bridge constructed and installed , same with the preparation for trees that was abandoned after irrigation pipes  were laid along the top before any trees were actually planted .

People will walk on the rambla whatever , removing a footbridge will only force them to take the route down and up the steps or shouldn't they be there either because they will encourage people to use a rambla , will they have to be removed for the same reason sooner or later .

Such a waste of public funds that could have been put to better use with a bit more forward planning handled by someone with a bit more knowledge of the regulations . It should be safe to assume that would be the council .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

Maura

The planning regulations forbid the installation of anything that might encourage people to use a rambla. Therefore, no trees, no footbridges, no seating, no walking tracks, no tarmac, no marking out of car parking spaces etc....

The previous mayor tried to push the envelope with the footbridge and lost and the current mayor has cemented the surface of the rambla. It will be interesting to see if that has to come out also.

Meanwhile, the footbridge has been plonked into the new open space under development in Avenida America. Monet's bridge Albox stylie, no doubt.

Optomist

Quote from: Lynden on March 28, 2018, 06:40:25 AM
The grand plan is revealed. They seemed to be creating some kind of landscape on that ground. Now we have a bridge to nowhere.

Possibly they didn't decide to use it there not for its functionality but for the aesthetic appeal .

Then again it might just be that it had to be moved so they scratched their heads to find where it could be used so they couldent be accused of wasting money . Wonder which idea came first , the landscaping or a use for the bridge or am i being to cynical .

Lynden

The grand plan is revealed. They seemed to be creating some kind of landscape on that ground. Now we have a bridge to nowhere.

evansnews

Quote from: Optomist on March 27, 2018, 21:11:49 PM
Odd , i was sure i read something about that a few weeks ago but it was still there last time i looked as we always use it , something to do with it not being authorized or contravening some regulation , cant find where i read it now .

They have put a similar one up in a small park/wasteground up from the back of Mercadona , dont think its the same bridge although with the current mayor i wouldent be surprised as the bridge doesn't go anywhere and serves no useful purpose .
It's the same bridge

Optomist

Odd , i was sure i read something about that a few weeks ago but it was still there last time i looked as we always use it , something to do with it not being authorized or contravening some regulation , cant find where i read it now .

They have put a similar one up in a small park/wasteground up from the back of Mercadona , dont think its the same bridge although with the current mayor i wouldent be surprised as the bridge doesn't go anywhere and serves no useful purpose .

raysun

Maybe the all powerful mayor !!!

sallyb

What idiot authorised the removal of the footbridge across the rambler in Albox. Went to the market today for the first time since it was moved, and had to go up and down rather dangerous steps to cross the rambler.
Phyll