NHS

Started by ausbow, April 26, 2020, 11:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zilnor

Spot on Lynden.
We have used both Burton and Derby hospitals over the last four years. No complaints whatsoever regarding medical staff from A to Z. Amazing,  dedicated and hardworking people. The pen pushers are a different matter : reduce them by 50 % . Maybe more !

Lynden

Having had recent experience of the care given by the NHS in Derby I can tell you how great the clinical staff are. Despite being handcuffed by bean counters and having to carry umpteen layers of overpaid managers on their backs.
My Mrs once worked for the NHS at Burton. They had the Chief Exec merry go round down to a fine art. One screws up, they give them a golden wave goodbye. They then turn up at another NHS Trust and do it again. It’s worse than dodgy football managers doing the rounds. Better yet at Burton they gave one Manager an award for re organising a department. I won’t say which one, but even after they found that the metaphoric bullets didn’t fit the guns.....they still congratulated the moron. It cost tens of thousands of pounds to fix......and that’s just one example.
The principle is undeniably worthy, the clinicians are first class, the execution should be of half the managers.

chas

Quote from: zilnor on April 26, 2020, 13:13:01 PM
I agree on the NHS  having too many chiefs and  not enough
Indians.  Too many " managers" earning more than nurses and doctors, and  other skilled medical workers.
suns it up in a nut shell be safe every one.

zilnor

I agree on the NHS  having too many chiefs and  not enough
Indians.  Too many " managers" earning more than nurses and doctors, and  other skilled medical workers.

timb

Anybody who has spent any length of time in a hospital in the uk in recent years will have noticed the high increase in coloured pen sucking lanyard swinging clipboard carrying bodies in hospital - doing what?

My consultant had three secretaries. The hospital was built and opened a few months before I went in. It had a huge office complex all fitted out with high spec furniture and a huge atrium that resembled an airport lounge with coffee shops etc. The hospital was built to replace the old one and cope with a higher population - it had 40 less beds!

Finally, although massively over budget and deep in debt I was “impressed” to see a 50 ish foot high metal structure being put up to provide multi colour lighting over the car park!

Yeah the NHS do a fantastic job but I’ve never seen anybody cured by a biro and a comfy chair!

Tetley

Are that old chestnut....JIT  seems like a life time away we were debating that one ........

(I remember it coming in ,in the early 1980,s i modified my job to JAFM lol )
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

That's about it in a nutshell ausbow.
Clever management playing the J.I.T. game and brown envelopes. 

ausbow

Firstly the main part of this post is copied.
Secondly and undoubtedly the NHS are doing an absolutely wonderful and amazing job fighting this awful disease but there’s a home truth or two in the post 🤔,
Lets get this in perspective the crayon eaters who are set on pulling him down. Firstly THE GOVERMENT DOES NOT ORDER EQUIPMENT for the NHS, they supply the money. The lazy arse MANAGERS of the NHS are the procurement sources. It's not the government that deals with the logistics for the NHS, it's yes you've guessed it the NHS, more ****   poor NHS management (goverment sorted that be giving them the Army). Two years ago there was a major exercise about the country being prepared for a possible pandemic, the government did NOT run that exercise, the NHS did, which they used their fantastic line "we can flex" so they were supposedly in a good place, add to that now Brexit with all the stockpiles that we had, they sat there and told the goverment we are ok. Did the MANAGERS then pre empt the 4 weeks pipeline ordering (thats how long it takes container ship to come from......CHINA)....oh how did we end up in that situation, well you stopped ordering from local sources, mistake all the eggs in one basket, who did that, not the goverment the NHS procurement. With the care homes now screaming out for PPE shouting at the goverment, oh wait the majority of care home are PRIVATE business's, 84% to be exact. It is not the responsibility of the goverment to order PPE for the private care homes, the others are COUNCIL led therefore which ever banner they are under it is down to them. There are all these people hiding behind the goverment when in reality it is those MANAGERS who have ****** up. Not to worry though all our stirling journalists and crayon munching joe public who believe the tripe they publish, to bash the goverment, one because they didn't vote for Brexit and two because the toxic crayons have got to them. The real joe public know our media are *****  in almost every quarter and the muppets that chuck the stones from the sidelines, you know the ones that are armchair virologist/stratergy professionals who could do oh so much better....NOT. The goverment has made mistakes, but not as many as the media would have you believe, instead of trying to pull this country together it seeks to divide, we don't need this at this crucial time, stop reading the gutter press, the armchair freaks STFU we need to get through this and your insessant squeaking is nothing but oxygen waste. Lets get through this and beat this, as it is not over yet, not by a long chalk.
Modify message