Car ownership issue

Started by lord lucan, June 09, 2015, 11:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen4

I knew I had read about it somewhere which was why I asked the question...there's mention of it here "under Spanish law" but I'm not sure which law yet until I do a bit more hunting. http://www.jennifercunningham.net/car_insurance_spain.html
As I said, and so did Gus, I think it applies unless you have done the SORN equivalent.
Cl3880

gus-lopez

Quote from: Karen4 on June 09, 2015, 13:38:52 PM
I thought that all vehicles had to also have current insurance even if they're only in a garage and never on the road, unless they have been officially registered as "off-road" or scrapped?

Yes ,unless it is registered as 'baja' .(Spanish sorn.) Supposed to have a current itv as well.

Tetley

Quote from: Optomist on June 09, 2015, 13:15:43 PM
Last week we were contacted by a friend who we gave a car to 3 years ago , now hes having problems scrapping it . The car has been sat in his garage for 3 years and the tax has been paid each year , the friend now doesn't think its worth repairing and tried to scrap it , he has been told he cant without having the cars documents and a copy of my NIE and passport . Fortunately i was able to supply everything so the car should be scrapped tomorrow .

Spanish bloke i know did it without the car papers in through his lawyer.......a week later the bloke that bought the car got pulled & fined for driving a scrap car,so it is do able ,if some body knowes how to do the do able bit.

:tiphat:

basikly the spanish chap just got pxssed off with having to pay 2 years road tax after he had sold it at a fair price and knocked the money off for the transfer.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

david john

Glad you sorted out your problem yourself.
If anyone else would like up to date information and required forms,
here is an excellent article published on Arboleas Live:
http://www.arboleaslive.com/information-about
Scroll down to the car tax section.
hope that helps.....
D.J.
I'm never having kids, I hear they take 9 months to download...

Karen4

I thought that all vehicles had to also have current insurance even if they're only in a garage and never on the road, unless they have been officially registered as "off-road" or scrapped?
Cl3880

lindablyth32

We have just bought a car and e had so one else to sort out the paperwork and to arrange a date for us to go to traffico  and pay.
We were away on holiday when we got to find out our date which we missed so we have to wait for a new appointment.
Sometimes people haven't done the paperwork as there might be a legit reason for it.

Tetley

The problem you have...........is its the sellers job to do the name change,however some buyers will pay towards the fees,or all the fees.

best bet
contact the buyer,tell them you intend to scrap the car.... unless the name change is done within 14 day
if there not intrested..........scrap the car through a gestor connected to traffico.

the last thing you need is somebody else driveing a car abought in your name.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

lord lucan

Hola,

We have a problem with an Spanish vehicle we sold, the ownership did not get sorted by the buyer, a Spanish friend of ours told us that the easiest thing to do would be to go to our ayto. and ask about a baca or something like that.

Many thanks,

L L.