FREESAT UHD-4X Smart 4K Ultra HD Digital TV Recorder

Started by Silversalmon, June 22, 2020, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King

Sorry, I have no experience of such setups. You could try it, but I believe WiFi is intrinsically weaker than an ethernet connection. Others may have different ideas and views.

If your router is too far from your satellite receiver, I would recommend home plugs. The link gives an example, not a particular recommendation, but it allows you to make an ethernet connection without trailing a long lead around the house. The home plugs use your home electrical wiring to carry the ethernet signal from one room to another.

If you want to additionally extend your home WiFi signal you could purchase a more expensive home plug (again, this is simply an example, not a specific recommendation).

You might find these devices less expensive in the UK, if that's of any help.

As far as I'm aware this connection is only necessary to enable you to receive catchup TV. But remember for that, as well as the physical connection, you need a smart DNS or a router-loaded VPN.

Good luck.

raymondo44

Hi King, I am hoping you may have answer for me regarding hooking up a wi-fi dongle to my RJ45 ethernet  connection for my FREESAT tv recorder.
I believe there are such connections to my router, instead of running the usual cable to RJ45 socket.
Example of the device - sorry about the long address!

https://www.amazon.es/Vonets-inal%C3%A1mbrico-Ethernet-Amplificador-VAP11G-300/dp/B014SK2H6W/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=adaptador+rj45+wifi&qid=1597664379&sr=8-4

Have you any experience or knowledge of this set-up?
Appreciate your reply and info.

Best, Raymondo44

King

It will work the same in Spain as it would in the UK, provided you have a big enough satellite dish. As in the UK, you'll need two LNB cable connections to get the full benefit of simultaneous recording and watching.

PS You'll also need an internet connection with Smart DNS, or a VPN, to receive catch up services in Spain.

Silversalmon

Anyone purchased FREESAT UHD-4X Smart 4K Ultra HD Digital TV Recorder and if so does it work OK here in Spain.
If you want to look it up on the internet  â€"  https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/freesat-uhd-4x-smart-4k-ultra-hd-digital-tv-recorder-2-tb-10207008-pdt.html