Changing Triumph motorcycle to spanish plates

Started by brendab, August 31, 2008, 15:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owdoggy

The saga is nearly at an end .......I hope :D
The CO2 emissions figures have to be on the ITV certificate and not just a separate document so if anyone is thinking of getting their bike matriculated then I would suss out a place that can do this and make sure they get the ITV cert changed. Personally, after all this farting about, I can't be arsed so I've been down to the abogado this morning & paid full wack which ended up at 860Euros!! It's a good job I was sitting down when they told me :D 
This has become a sort of quest for me now so whatever it takes I am going to ride that damn bike fully matriculated with Spanish plates on ( and properly insured ....... which is the next hoop I've got to jump thru' ) come hell or high water! :crazy:

Doggy

owdoggy

Here you are, part of an official government response to a petition against motorcycle tax reform:

Unlike for cars, the European Union (EU) has not established a type certification regime for motorbikes that requires carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions data to be produced.  The Government is therefore not in a position to treat VED for motorbikes on a CO2 emissions basis, and the current engine capacity based rates therefore offer the best practical, and easy to understand way to reflect the respective environmental impact of different motorbikes.

So what chance have I got ........ nada!

Doggy

andie

Quote from: knowall on June 25, 2009, 14:50:55 PM
Make your own CO2 certificate on the Internet - like those sites where you can get a degree online with no studying - if the max emission level is 10 ppm put yours down at 8.8 ppm and print off your certificate.
:crazy:
knowall's disclaimer:
I don't actually condone breaking the law, this is just a silly side swipe at a stupid situation brought on by excessive bureaucreacy intended to save the planet, which as everyone knows is already doomed.
::)

O now come on Mr Knowall i think sombodys cloned your user name,we will all end up in the big house with that one,mind you one way to get ride off a few forum idis for a few months   :lol:  :wave S

knowall

Make your own CO2 certificate on the Internet - like those sites where you can get a degree online with no studying - if the max emission level is 10 ppm put yours down at 8.8 ppm and print off your certificate.
:crazy:
knowall's disclaimer:
I don't actually condone breaking the law, this is just a silly side swipe at a stupid situation brought on by excessive bureaucreacy intended to save the planet, which as everyone knows is already doomed.
::)

andie

owdoggy  :wave
just out of intrest,have you e mailed those very clever folks at Mr H Hondas place in Japan to ask them direct or even Honda Spain for the co2 cert ?

also have you manage to glean a final figure for the plating up ?

its bloody hot ere and im on nights coz days is melting   :wave  S

owdoggy

The latest in the saga:
I'm back in the UK (please god get me out of here!) so I thought I'd give Honda UK a ring about these 'ere CO2 emissions and they said they couldn't supply a document with said emissions on because ......they don't measure them! So if Honda don't measure them and the ITV tests don't measure them (which they don't) how in the name of all that's holy am I supposed to supply an official CO2 emissions document to get a bit knocked off the cost of the transfer. The short answer to that of course is that I don't, I just pay top wack 'cos I can't prove otherwise ............hey ho! :D

Doggy

lepiggy

ive lived here over 5 years and if you use any company to replate you will be charged between 600-1200 euros
if you do it yourself its 300 euros(if you speak spanish and know where to go).
i came over on a ninja 9r and paid (to be legal not like ebike) 901 euros a year insurance.
at the end i realised that buying spanish is so much easier and less hassle.
the coppers understand spanish documentation therefore you are not making them "work" which they will appreciate you for
so more often than not just wave you on regardless of what pipe,tyres etc your running with(they are not interested)
so i bought a gsxr750 spanish plate and now i pay 250 euros a year insurance LEGAL

so in one year i have saved the "replate" fee through the insurance quote :clap: :wave

REMEMBER if you run any one over or are involved in a bad accident which resdults in others being injured
you will probably find yourself banged up whilst the old bill investigate your insurance etc.
they do things in their own time not yours and you could still find yourself banged up 3-6 months later,whilst they "investigate"
and if you are deemed culpable and with bad insurance you might not come out for 5-10 years.
and a massive fine to repay the victims family.if you dont have the cash they will sell your house and whatever is in your name to compensate the family.

a posative note is that it gives you the chance to buy something different than what you rode before

andie

yep nice bit of vee twin ,plus yer probably better on nito then that thair carb blocking treakle thay flogg here sin 98  :tiphat:  S

HogRider

Old Farts Harley wiv a 100 + inch motor and NOS !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lpIFeBz5ao

Works for me !

Hogs  :whistle:

PS Nitrogen is not a dangerous polluting gas and nor is oxygen so we're very nearly 'greens' !!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

andie

its going to warm anyway,but it will be nuclear,when one of thease loon states has a pop :o

this nanny state labour goverment,has all but finished anything over a 30 mph twist & go with the gatso,money raiser guns

i dont agree with idiots on fireblades and R1,s flying down country roads at warp factor either,but it would have been nice to have a happy medium .

but thair we go ,thats life,and i still think we have more freedoms in Spain,including the nightmere paperwork .

please keep us posted on your registration endevours

S  :tiphat:  :wave

owdoggy

Quote from: knowall on June 10, 2009, 20:57:09 PM
You are being conned out of your money over the man made global warming lie.
It's outrageous, isn't it?

If you believe in global warming or not the way the powers that be are trying to shape the biking market using a progressive emissions tax simply won't work. Bikes by their very nature are, compared to cars, dangerous, exciting things and, human nature being what it is, there will always be a market for the biggest, most exciting models so the only thing that will happen is said superbikes will be priced way out of the range of us mere peasants.
So, as well as listening to the doom mongers telling us that the world is going to melt, burn, freeze, break in two or whatever the hell else it's apparently going to do in the next week, us poor saps will have to watch rich people (not giving a tupenny cack about global warming et al) zoom by on their big, thirsty, emission heavy but very exciting machines.
Not exactly going to save the world is it?....... but the government will get more taxes .........hmm........ ???

Ah well, it is what it is eh 8)

Doggy

andie

"You don't know me, I abhor anything to do with the masonic society"

i was asked to join,but its stricktly no swearing ,so deffinatly not for mi  :rofl: S.

knowall

Quote from: andie on June 10, 2009, 21:39:55 PM
ps Snr Knowall
will you be buying a bike and joining the brotherhood,now you have ventured down to the basement ?
Done motorcycling, got the scars to prove it, still hold the licence.

Quote from: andie on June 10, 2009, 21:39:55 PM
mind you we dont want any off the funny handshake merlarky
You don't know me, I abhor anything to do with the masonic society.

andie

ps Snr Knowall
will you be buying a bike and joining the brotherhood,now you have ventured down to the basement ?

mind you we dont want any off the funny handshake merlarky  :lol: yell have ti save that one for the secrate policemans x mass do  :rofl:

as halways no haffence hintended  :wave  :lol: S

andie

Quote from: knowall on June 10, 2009, 20:57:09 PM

if thi get ride of that scotch git,and the uk does warm up,i might buy a holiday home thair ,that is if ive got any money left after regestering mi 155bhp moto ! :lol: S

no haffence intended to all you nice scotch folk,its just that" bank buster" who does mi head in  :head

knowall

owdoggy

The new CO2 regs for motorcycles in Spain came into force this year and are really aimed at new machines but as the tax is a registration tax, this hits anyone registering a bike, new or otherwise...... which unfortunately includes me :(

I found this on the web:

"So far, motorcycles have not fallen under this scheme, but that has now changed in Spain. Starting next year, new motorcycles will be taxed when registered:

* Motorcycles that emit less than 80 g/km of CO2 will be exempt from the registration tax.
* Motorcycles that emit between 80 and 100 g/km of CO2 will pay 4.75 percent registration tax.
* Motorcycles that emit between 100 and 120 g/km of CO2 will pay 9.75 percent registration tax.
* Motorcycles that emit over 120 g/km of CO2 or have more than 100hp will pay 14.75 percent registration tax.
Now what does that mean? First, bigger displacement motorcycles and scooters are going to become very expensive, but what's more important, motorcycle manufacturers are finally going to have to come clean (pun intended) with their CO2 emission figures. You'll maybe have noticed that very few manufacturers actually state what their emissions are. Now they're going to have to.... and that's a good thing for everyone. What's not good, is that you're going to have to pay a lot more money...."

Hey ho! :whistle:

Doggy

andie

are yes this frigggggging  :head co2 emission  lark,thats the new con  808 808 808 that yer never needed befor.

i did hear that sombody tried to plate a H & D tryed to get a co2 cert from harley spain,thay seid no,but we can plate it for you   :head :head :head

then thi wonder why thairs so many brit plates on the road .

please keep keeping us posted   :wave

ta AW,Plumber ,dso ,mbe  (core plugs ),zanussi   :wave

owdoggy

Quote from: andie on June 10, 2009, 10:00:02 AM
ok ta,keep them pics coming,im getting more and more reved up every time yer post the pics  :wave
i might even manage to drag miself away from all this knacking,building for an hour and start a bike up !

if i dont get on a bike soon,me head will go again,then its  will be back to typing even worst  crap upstairs  than i print now and re hab   :rofl:  S
Aye, nae bother. :D

Did I say it could all change?.... well it has :crazy:
I went to the ayuntamiento & paid the vehicle tax then back to the abogado & got an initial quote of 811euros :o BUT!! If I get an official document from Honda or the shop where I bought the bike stating the CO2 emissions for that particular model, take it back up to the ITV station and get them to put that information on the ITV certificate then I could get a small percentage knocked off the traffico paperwork bill. Why do they need this? ....... who knows because when the bike was ITV'd they did the emissions check so they know what they actually are (and presumeably CO2 is one of the things they measure but I don't know abut these things) but apparently they have to have the official figure of what the CO2 emission should be :crazy:

Keep in mind that I got a european certificate of conformity for the bike before I left the uk and that has every single detail on it apart from......... CO2 emissions!

I think by the time I've tracked down this mysterious CO2 emissions document (if it exists), gone up the ITV station to try & explain what I'm after then back to the abogado it might have cost me somewhere near what I could save and.........I just can't be arsed....... so I'm just going to pay up & get it sorted. It is what it is 8)

Doggy

andie

ok ta,keep them pics coming,im getting more and more reved up every time yer post the pics  :wave
i might even manage to drag miself away from all this knacking,building for an hour and start a bike up !

if i dont get on a bike soon,me head will go again,then its  will be back to typing even worst  crap upstairs  than i print now and re hab   :rofl:  S

owdoggy

Quote from: andie on June 09, 2009, 21:53:57 PM
owdoggy
so have i got this corret.

yew done yer 86e itv at lorca,thay have given you the paperwork to take to the townhall to tax it,then its off to the lawyers to pay yer tax,reg traffico fee,then when thats payed yer get yer number &green log book cerk permit ?

:tiphat: S

That's the way I understand it.......... but of course that could all change :lol:

Doggy

andie

owdoggy
so have i got this corret.

yew done yer 86e itv at lorca,thay have given you the paperwork to take to the townhall to tax it,then its off to the lawyers to pay yer tax,reg traffico fee,then when thats payed yer get yer number &green log book cerk permit ?

:tiphat: S

owdoggy

I went to the abogado with what I thought was all the paperwork but apparently I have to get the bike taxed at the ayuntamiento then go back with that bit of paper & get the bad news............. bit of a fart about but this is Spain eh :D

Doggy

owdoggy

Quote from: andie on June 05, 2009, 13:54:16 PM
owdoggy
will yer post a full breakdown of costs for us all,if yer plate yer hondi,as i have a 99 tlr eu speq that i might plate if i can do it mi self for around 600e.
still fancy a H&D sportster thou as im fat,bald,mi heads gone ,and mi knees & wrists are nockerd for sports bikes now,plus i look like im smuggling spuds wi mi leathers on   :rofl: S

Aye, nae bother.

Next thing is to take the ITV paperwork to the abogado, they look it up to find out the cost of all the legal stuff ............ & apparently that's when I get the really bad news. :o

I'll keep you posted............. if I'm not in hospital after hearing the price :D

Doggy

andie

owdoggy
will yer post a full breakdown of costs for us all,if yer plate yer hondi,as i have a 99 tlr eu speq that i might plate if i can do it mi self for around 600e.
still fancy a H&D sportster thou as im fat,bald,mi heads gone ,and mi knees & wrists are nockerd for sports bikes now,plus i look like im smuggling spuds wi mi leathers on   :rofl: S

owdoggy

I went up to the ITV place at Lorca on spec yesterday and it was all sorted in an hour. Nobody has any English up there but a combination of my phrasebook Spanish & plenty of hand signals got us through and we had a bit of a laugh as well.
The place is open from 08:00 - 17:00 and if you're going on spec earlier is best. Also, I got the impression that bikes get through quicker with less hassle than cars but that could've just been what happened on that particular day.

The bad news is that it costs 86 euros but then I knew this whole thing was going to be pricey................ and that's just the start :crazy:

Doggy

andie

i did think of having a go at regestring one of mi old dears here,if i get time i might look into it,the old road rocket really get the squirrels jumping abought with the streight through burgess pipes on!

i luv it here,but its certainly hard work getting the papers for the toys,wether it be boats,classic cars,bikes.

still at least Yer can still have a blast without one of those nast back road gotso,camares (at the moment )   :angel: S

owdoggy

Oops, just clocked the date on this thread ................ observant as ever! :whistle:

Doggy

owdoggy

I have been told it could be anything between 600 to 1500 euros depending on the bike but nobody seems quite sure so there's only one way to find out. In true Doggy fashion I'm off on spec to the ITV place at Lorca on Wednesday to start the ball rolling. I'll let you know what (if anything ......this is Spain :D) happens.
When(if) I get the ITV bit of paper then it's back to the abogado/gestor to find out the damage .......... apparently, in the interests of safety, I should be sitting down when they tell me :lol:

This is on a Honda 700 Transalp by the way.

Doggy

HogRider

As long as it is not in Spain more than 183 days (which it ain't) and I can prove it ! (With documented evidence, which I can, Utility Bills from the UK, Voters Register, ferry tickets, hotel receipts, Belgium, France and Italy, this year alone ) it's legal !
Hogs
PS When the Spanish start playing by the rules then so will I !

beemer

365 day European cover included
All eBike Insurance Policies provide cover within the Territorial Limits of the policy throughout the policy year. This extension is provided for the purpose of travel only. Your permanent home must be in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and must also be your primary residence.

hog meister    not really playing the game are you.The spanish may not toe the line with eu regs but till they do i think its best to comply with how things are .
If some dickhead  causes an rta ill bet ebike find anyway they can to wriggle out of settling .Its only my opinion of course  

HogRider

Brendab
I agree with Steve, I put a full year's tax. MOT and insurance on my Road King the day before I left to drive down and have just done the MOT again in the UK whilst up on a MC ride, Insurance through ebike (365 days a year in the EU), and left it registered at my 'UK' address  
! Will probably change it to spanish plates when they stop breaking EU law ! Good Luck with the move ! and see you on the road !
Hogs

brendab

I move to Arboleas on 1st Oct 08 , not sure if I should bring my 900 Legend, because of the problems I have read (1200euro's?) to convert to spanish plates.
Any advice please, or should I sell it and buy something when I get there
Malcolm