A topless woman in the gents toilet!!!!

Started by NormanM, April 24, 2014, 11:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G and T

NormanM, I am with you, and although a local resident, I do not know this bar, but well done for speaking out.

Richard.

NormanM

Right? Wrong? Steve, I don't know.  It's just childish lavatory (literally) humour.  But how WOULD you feel if it was your wife's picture in the loo?  Or your daughter's?   There again, maybe I don't need to ask, do !?

BigBaz - not bored.  Just disappointed.  Some folks' sense of humour is about the same level as their intellect, apparently - in the gutter.
From Normam

jodee

Quote from: bigbaz on April 24, 2014, 16:02:25 PM
dont worry, some catastrophe or other will turn up soon
famous last words = some dogs just turned up in a rambla ::)
I only drink to make other people seem more interesting.

ramblarider

I agree with NormanM. It sounds pretty sick and twisted to me. Not in the least bit "funny". About as "funny" as a holocaust "joke", in fact.

Sadly a sign of the times. Crudity, offensiveness, bigotry and sheer stupidity being presented as acceptable. It isn't.

Not_Asking_Much

Quote from: sallyb on April 24, 2014, 14:19:34 PM
The mentality of men sometimes leaves me at a loss for words. How would you feel if the picture was of your wife.
The mentality of SOME men, I think you mean... Bear in mind that the lady of the house (bar in this case) doubtless has to clean up (women's work) AND knew only too well about the misogynistic sticker. (she knows her place clearly)

So sad in this day and age.

Quote from: bigbaz on April 24, 2014, 16:02:25 PM
u lot need the water turned off or another demolition or something, u r obviously bored at the mo

dont worry, some catastrophe or other will turn up soon, maybe t.bags will go up in mercadona or summink
Only an illiterate idiot would buy them in Mercadona.

steveconway24

bigbaz

u lot need the water turned off or another demolition or something, u r obviously bored at the mo

dont worry, some catastrophe or other will turn up soon, maybe t.bags will go up in mercadona or summink

Cielos

Perhaps some posters on here didn't read Norman's post thoroughly?

A picture of a woman IN the actual toilet bowl - that's how I am reading it

Surely no one thinks this is ok and just a "bit of fun"

byrney

The gents toilet in one of the shopping centres in Murcia (can't remember whether Condominium or the Ikea one) has a series of females above the urinals looking down at you whilst in full flow.

They have an expression of utter disdain and, worryingly, their eyes follow you wherever you go.

I was absolutely traumatised - even after the fiftieth vist......

sallyb

The mentality of men sometimes leaves me at a loss for words. How would you feel if the picture was of your wife.
Phyll

Hawkeye1

Lynne

I can't believe that people would find this acceptable. The world is going crazy and getting worse by the minute with attitudes like that.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

NormanM

I'm not prudish, or hung up.  Just grown up.
From Normam

Not_Asking_Much

My solution would be somewhat different, and they can definitely clear up the mess!

Badged01

Simple solution, Just close your eyes and dont look at her when going :) Then get the mop and clear up the mess .......

Not_Asking_Much

Liberated age?

There's nothing 'liberated' about pissing on an image of a woman. I'm surprised to see so much support here for that concept.

The subtle message is appalling, and obviously it's being delivered to boys and men of all ages. Are all the mums on here happy with that?

There are plenty of café/bars around, and to me this is a good enough reason never to return to that one.

Lesley and Pete

There is a bar in Arboleas with a woman in the gents urinal and a man in the ladies loo pan - only a bit of fun & nothing to get hung up about.

Lesley

casanaranja

For goodness sake Norman, lighten up and get a hold of yourself....

steveconway24

OK Norman.

Boobies are amusing to six year old boys! (and older!) and I'm sure the little fellas will be happier not standing in a pool of p1ss.

But we will all be vigilant for blokes trying to pee on women in the middle of Mercadonna because their mind has been washed after taking a leak in a pub toilet.

sapper

NormanM

A dartboard - fine.  And this one is not dark at all. If you don't get it,  think about this.  What does it say to some 6 or y year old lad about where women belong?

What is says to me is that it's ok to portray women as targets for urination.
From Normam

steveconway24

nosalpiques

A company that was on the Spanish version of Dragons Den.

The point of the stickers is that they are dark, for example the womans top, when you pee on it goes transparent and you can see the boob's. Its an attempt to get blokes to pee in the bowl and not all over the floor.
I've seen them now in various bars around this area, some are naked women, some dart boards etc.
I though it was an amusing gimmick, even if a bit childish, but I can't understand why its upset you so much Norman?

And theres a bar in Hijate where they have naked men stickers in the ladies toilets the wife has just informed me, stuck in the front side of the bowl.

pannica

According to my wife most men must look up while peeing thats why theirs drip all over the seat  :lol: :lol:
greetings highlander

NormanM

Now that I have your attention, I happened to have to use the gents in a Zurgena bar today.  Stuck inside the WC  (yes, right inside) was a photo of a woman.  I have to say I was totally disgusted.  If that is what the proprietors think of womankind,  then they need to get a grip.  When I mentioned this to one of the owners, her attitude was "Well you're the first to complain about it, and it was here when we got here", and when I pressed her about it she said "Well I'll talk to my husband"  No commitment to do anything about it.

So ladies, and gents if you feel that is acceptable to have photo of a woman as a target to urinate on or worse, that's fine.  If not, let the bar proprietors know.

As far as I am concerned, I won't be back

I guess Felipe would object to me saying which bar it is, but if you want to know, pm me.
From Normam