Main Menu

England

Started by pagan, June 15, 2014, 01:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

We'll be finished by 8.00pm and settling down into our seats to watch. Andy Gray, Richard Keys and Kevin Keegan.

englandmariner

Yep, we'll be there. Hope you all finish by 8:55, don't want bowling drowning out the anthem!

felipe

Anyone beats Chiles!! I was the noisy git that jumped up when Stirling 'scored' :):):)  Along with the rest of you :):)

You going down there on Thursday for the 9.00pm kick off?

From what Paul said bowling will stop before the game.  Our league is bowling early so that it is peace and quiet in there apart from the rowdy football fans when the game starts :)

englandmariner

Didn't realise you were there Phil, otherwise would have said hello. We were the noisy table of 10 near the door who all thought Sterling had scored in the first few minutes! Shame more people did not support it as you say. I didn't mind David Pleat but I couldn't work out who the other commentator was? Beats Adrian Chiles any day!

CT

An average audience of 11.51 million (68% of total viewers) watched the game on BBC1 with a peak of 15.65 million (78%) at 2340 UK time according to official overnight ratings.

felipe

Rooney was dreadful, Welbeck not much better and Gerrard was nowhere to be seen. Hopefully Oxlade Chamberlain will replace Welbeck and Lallana will be in for Rooney.

OH and thanks to Paul at Amigos for the half time grub.  Pity more people did not come down, it was great listening to the match in full surround sound on BeIn Sports, only downer was David Pleat's state the obvious commentary.

phileas fogg

Phil Nevilles voice sounded like the voice on my sat nav, terrible commentry

Three Blind Mice

Pirlo plays a different game from anyone else on that park. He hardly moves yet creates havoc for the opposition defence. Genius.

Gerrard world class, don't make me laugh, Andreas Pirlo, that is world class.

For many tournaments England have been hamstrung because no manager had the bottle to drop either Lampard or Gerrard, this time it may be down to Hodgson not having the bottle to drop Rooney.

adasingleton

Didn't think they were bad but not good .down the left Rooney was a waste of time didn't help Blaine's at all .sterling was better first half second seemed to tire .the crossing was poor in central midfield looked good can only hope they improve as cup goes on .

pagan

Unlucky England, I think they played well. The youngsters did them proud and I can cope with them losing as long as they are " going for it"