Yamaha SR125 Haynes manual wanted

Started by markandkaren, January 16, 2023, 15:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on January 25, 2023, 20:38:23 PM
Quote from: Tetley on January 25, 2023, 20:31:36 PM
Quote from: markandkaren on January 25, 2023, 20:03:15 PMCheers for the generous offer. I'm going to try Marhuenda first and see if they have any micro drill bits to dislodge the blockage (or whatever is in there), plus there's a couple of bike shops there who might just have a box of old Keihins I can cannibalise. You'll know when I've unblocked it, you'll hear my howl in Murcia :)

no probs if the keihin carb uses the same pilot as the 600 ,i have a new one you can have as i dyno jetted mine and put the clean kwack pilots back in.....the ball ake i had was finding the 1.2mm thick fuel line tube o rings but now i have a shed full lol

the pilots i have fit the CVK KEIHIN V536 DA 19.

:afro:
:lipsrsealed:

Tets, if you have a problem with sourcing "O" ring in future try James Walker in Cockermouth, they manufacture them, butile, nitrile silicone and in the various hardness, 60, 70, 80 etc.

All sorted now Ang i have a shed full lol after doing the run around ,i got a 112mm Triumph tank seal o ring today from Triumph SSS Parts spain plus the in tank fuel hoses for 39e delivered wich i thought was ok .....another project to crank up after the fuel tank pump assemble re build lol

if anybody needs original parts https://partsss.com/es/triumph/recambios/modelos/tt600/tt600/fuel-pump-and-filter/pid414436.html

also Mark i have a yamaha parts supply persons in Barcalona ish were you will probably get a new jet , 972402544 Girona.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Angleseyite

Quote from: Tetley on January 25, 2023, 20:31:36 PM
Quote from: markandkaren on January 25, 2023, 20:03:15 PMCheers for the generous offer. I'm going to try Marhuenda first and see if they have any micro drill bits to dislodge the blockage (or whatever is in there), plus there's a couple of bike shops there who might just have a box of old Keihins I can cannibalise. You'll know when I've unblocked it, you'll hear my howl in Murcia :)

no probs if the keihin carb uses the same pilot as the 600 ,i have a new one you can have as i dyno jetted mine and put the clean kwack pilots back in.....the ball ake i had was finding the 1.2mm thick fuel line tube o rings but now i have a shed full lol

:lipsrsealed:

Tets, if you have a problem with sourcing "O" ring in future try James Walker in Cockermouth, they manufacture them, butile, nitrile silicone and in the various hardness, 60, 70, 80 etc.

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

markandkaren

Cheers for the generous offer. I'm going to try Marhuenda first and see if they have any micro drill bits to dislodge the blockage (or whatever is in there), plus there's a couple of bike shops there who might just have a box of old Keihins I can cannibalise. You'll know when I've unblocked it, you'll hear my howl in Murcia :)

Tetley

Quote from: markandkaren on January 24, 2023, 20:58:23 PMThank you for the link and the advise, Tetley, you must have had a premonition regarding old bikes! The slow running jet is blocked solid. Ive tried soaking it in everthing liquid in the house, from vinegar,de-cal, to WD40, even toilet cleaner!. Still no good and I'm beginnning to think someone has had a go before and broke something inside it!  I'll check the link but I may have to try the breakers and see if they have any old bikes I can cannibalise while waiting for the order to arrive from China :grin: 

ps. I'm desperate enough to try soaking it in pee pee for 24 hrs..... ::)

soak the stripped carb and jets in petrol for 24 hours ,then drop them into bi alcohol ,this will defiantly sort it ,but if there really glued pop up to Arboleas saturday and il stick mi jet cleaner wires through them ,i also have the 1mm/1.20 mm o rings,if needed . the pilot jet will be around  .7mm so very fine ,but if the pilot circuit is blocked the bike will run like a sack of shxt ,i  get this with my kwack,i put an in line fuel tap in as a back up ,but that passed some fuel into the float chambers and after 4 weeks stood thats it ...all 4 carbs in bits .....main thing is to be able to ride them as im  63 and super bike Arthritis .....eooooked

markandkaren

Thank you for the link and the advise, Tetley, you must have had a premonition regarding old bikes! The slow running jet is blocked solid. Ive tried soaking it in everthing liquid in the house, from vinegar,de-cal, to WD40, even toilet cleaner!. Still no good and I'm beginnning to think someone has had a go before and broke something inside it!  I'll check the link but I may have to try the breakers and see if they have any old bikes I can cannibalise while waiting for the order to arrive from China :grin: 

ps. I'm desperate enough to try soaking it in pee pee for 24 hrs..... ::)

Tetley

Quote from: markandkaren on January 16, 2023, 15:29:58 PMJust on the off chance that someone has one lying around (1987 model), or knows of anyone that may have one. Ebay has plenty but no one wants to post to Spain for some reason. ::)

if you need a carb kit check out these folks ,i have just done my 600 kwack ,i did not use the jets in the kit because i fitted a dyno jet kit  but great value for the screws .air screws and seals.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4000546254990.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.21.1f6f52d45sI8p1&algo_pvid=79d61748-f2d1-4a7f-bfc2-c0b9ad80c080&algo_exp_id=79d61748-f2d1-4a7f-bfc2-c0b9ad80c080-10&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000028398812978%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21EUR%2139.96%2131.57%21%21%21%21%21%402145294416742273154002026d06b7%2112000028398812978%21sea&curPageLogUid=RvSuoH3B7g8i

also your carb parts ,leave in new petrol for 24 hours,then drop them into a jar of bio alcohol from the china shop 24 hours ,the crud and shxte just tooth brushes straight off .   :afro: 

markandkaren

Hi Jockscot, if its the same one I've seen, its for a later model. Different carbs,etc, although I'll have another look. Its for my daughter who's just bought herself a "barn find" (goat shed!) XS and wants to learn. Thanks for the reply.

Jockscot

Hi mark and Karen, you can download this manual in pdf. Format 78pages from the internet.

markandkaren

Just on the off chance that someone has one lying around (1987 model), or knows of anyone that may have one. Ebay has plenty but no one wants to post to Spain for some reason. ::)