Processionary caterpillars nests

Started by Queen Clare Shirley, January 14, 2016, 12:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syd

Greetings,
the best way to deal with these nests is to cut them from the tree and place in a bucket of water, this way the caterpilars never get a chance to leave the nest and from what I have seen they are not very good swimmers,

mountain girl

We live in the mountains off the rambla de oria and there is loads of nests this year compared to others. We have taken down some that is easy to reach but there is still loads left. Does anyone know if the Town hall are responsible for these has it is a health risk to us and our dogs!

John n Julie

Hi all, nasty little sods they are so be careful out there.
1. spray nest with hair lacquer to trap hairs and spores.
2. gently place plastic bag over nest and cut off offending bit.
3. BURN THE LITTLE SODS
The above advice is for guidance only, play with these sods at your own risk, be aware they are still poisonous when dead DO NOT touch them or the nests
Regards
John
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

Rod

Always check our pine trees. Go round, cut them down and destroy them, very dangerous to animals, not too good for humans either.

olly

Glad they got it sorted for you Clare.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

Queen Clare Shirley

We have one solitary pine tree and it was full of these nests, rang and spoke to Ruth who kindly went round and sorted it out quickly and at a good price.

So a big thanks to POtty finca you have allayed my fears with the dog, cat, girls and Richard I can let them out in the garden again

Thanks
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988