Freesat Set Top Box

Started by Dog Lady, August 13, 2010, 15:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mimosas

Thanks.  This is the one I found in Manager's specials, as you say half the price. So with this and the TV what size/type sat dish should I look for please - I often see these advertised second hand on this forum?

There is another Humax FOXSATHD-G, priced £89.95 - spec says

Receiving HDTV signals (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 and MPEG-2)
Under 1W power consumption in standby
HDMI - digital interface for perfect transmission of picture and sound
Simultaneous playing of transmissions over HDMI, YPbPr or Scart*
Easy installation and operation
Resolution format: 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i
DVB-S2 and DVB-S compatible
Ethernet support (currently not configured. For future use)
Full colour, high resolution electronic program guide
Dolby digital audio output (S/PDIF)
Automatic software upgrade via satellite
Improving SDTV on a HD LCD TV
Audio description / One touch subtitle
Accessories included - Remote, Battery (AAAx2), Manual, Quick Guide, Warranty Card, HDMI cable
Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth): 280 x 45 x 200mm
Weight: 1.5kg

* Some High Definition programmes or events may be protected by the broadcaster and not available via the Component or RGB scart outputs.

damien

Mimosas, you are looking at the right machine etc., but if you go into the listings on the left hand side of the page and click on Managers Specials you can often get the same machine for substantially less, around £90. They are what they call factory graded, though you will never tell the difference from them and any other, they also carry exactly the same warrenty and back up as one purchased from any retailer.

mimosas

ADVICE PLEASE.  I am in the UK at present but need to set up TV when next in Spain. Only to view TV programmes, not record any.

Looked on www.humaxdirect.co.uk.

Am I looking at the right equipment for straight forward british tv channels - Humax FOXSATHD  Freesat set top box with Free multifunction iPlayer remote priced £148 - spec says

* Some High Definition programmes or events may be protected by the broadcaster and not available via the Component or RGB scart outputs.

I have the TV and presumably all I would need in addition would be a large dish ???

There is another Humax FOXSATHD-G, priced £89.95 - spec says

Accessories included - Remote, Battery (AAAx2), Manual, Quick Guide, Warranty Card, HDMI cable

ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED.  

Dog Lady

Many thanks for all the replies:clap:

Kathy

bigtallgeezer

Thanks, Knowall. I have made a note of your instructions and will have a go soon.

Pat  :wave
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

coolsolutions

Hi

I have Stock of Standard definition,High definition and Grundig Freesat HD recorders.

Regards

Colin

CoolSolution
CoolSolutions,Colin Baldwin

mikeypen

I would second that Damien , fantastic piece of kit for out here !!!!! , Humax make a standard unit ( equivelant to a normal sky box ) , they also do a High definition one , and then they have a high defintion one with built in hard drive recorder "Brilliant" , 2 channels can be recorded at the same time , Perfect  :clap: :clap: :clap: ( Also never have to keep re booting it like the sky boxes  :head :head :head )

damien

Humax. Simple to use, brilliant machine. Haven't heard anyone on here criticise it yet. Go to the Humax Direct web site and see if they will deliver direct to Spain. We bought one with the recorder on but had it delivered to my son in the UK, and saved close to £100 off the shop price.

angler

Can anyone recommend the best one to get.  thank you

damien

Try Amazon Uk some of the suppliers will deliver to Spain without too much hassle.

bigtallgeezer

Hi Kathy,

We bought a Bush one a few weeks ago in Hiperocio....might be worth a try. Someone was selling a skyplus box on here...I dont get sky news or eurosport on the Bush box but is ok otherwise....

Good Luck,
Pat  :wave
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Dog Lady

Hi

Anyone know where the boxes are currently available Dynos in Albox are out of stock for some weeks

Thanks

Kathy