SHOPPING Lorca/Murcia

Started by little voice, December 09, 2013, 08:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Oh you and your Tesco catchphrases.....such a wag.... :clap:

rt21

Quote from: byrney on December 16, 2013, 17:25:58 PM
Well that's good news Karen.

It's really sad seeing places seemingly going under.  Reminds me a little of the UK!!!

Glad it's only "a little" and not "a lot" Byrney

Richard

byrney

Well that's good news Karen.

It's really sad seeing places seemingly going under.  Reminds me a little of the UK!!!

Karen4

Too many shops closed everywhere now. However, we were in Lorca last Sunday evening and the shopping centre was positively heaving with people, and they were certainly spending, judging by the bags they were carrying!
Cl3880

byrney

"No point in Lorca, we can't get anyone to shop there during normal opening" - unfortunately Gus, a very fair point.

gus-lopez

There are only a certain amount of days for which they can apply for licences as they are restricted by law. So it's all guesswork for them as to what days to pick & when. Additionally they have to apply nearly a year in advance. The smaller shops in the commercial centres can't apply for licences until they know that the centre is actually going to be open .
La Zenia is bound to be busy as it's full of foreigners. That's why it probably applied for a licence.
No point in Lorca, we can't get anyone to shop there during normal opening.

byrney

Hmm.  Having had a wasted trip to both Lorca and Murcia today, I went on the La Zenia where the shopping complex was doing brisk Christmas business.

Well done to the dimbos away from the coast who missed a trick!!

Rod

National holiday, not just Andalucia.

little voice

I know it's a holiday today in Andalucia but what about Lorca and Murcia? Thanks in advance.