Humbugs Arboleas

Started by guest14507, June 08, 2018, 18:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest14507

bagwash.
Dirty looking cutlery and dead flies in vinegar bottles are not subjective, they are facts. Food can be subjective, and if you had taken the time or trouble to read my original review you would have seen that I said the food was very good.

bagwash

Junepeter  you dont know me so you have no idea whether I eat out often, or indeed where i eat.
Reviews of anything are subjective, one persons pleasure isnt necessary anothers, likewise with  one persons displeasure etc. Neither mean something is good or bad - Subjective
The establishment, Humbugs, is a cafe type eatery that serves good wholesome english type food, not to everybody's taste, but as stated, nothing is.

guest14507

Christine, bagwash.
If you think that a restaurant that doesn't have dirty looking cutlery and dead flies in vinegar bottles is considered to be a "high class food" establishment, you obviously don't eat out very often.

keira

We fly over from Scotland regularly...and always head to Humbugs for breakfast.....and have met many different 'owners' there over the past 10 years plus.....always have good chat with the current lady there.....both she (sorry forgot your name) ..and her husband....great cook......fabulous breakfast......and spent great deal of time chatting with us when we were last there at end of May......and took time to let me speak to her beautiful new puppy......one of the more sociable Brits I have met in the area......head over in 2 weeks.......and will be heading back there. Agree with previous comments......if you have an issue with service.....please let bars / restaurants know at the time......rather than adding comments to Forum......its not easy serving the public.....however also agree that poor service is so bad for any business.  ::)

Doorb69

bagwash

Couldn't agree more Christine

christine

Sorry don,t agree you are talking in terms of high class food than go to a places that does that hunbugs doe,s a super breakfast  is  run by lovely people and staff .

Dinodog

Quite possibly the very worst coffee in the western world . Just my opinion

Angieh

I think you will find that the current people running Humbugs are new owners. They are working very hard to build a business, give them your feedback and a chance!

Optomist

For a year we have lost count of the people that we know were regulars there for a long time but over the course of the last year have stopped going completely and always for the same reason , the owner . She has no idea how to deal with customers , she is rude , disinterested and seems to think customers need her cafe more than she needs them . The cook is the same and the food has not changed , its remains good and not heard of a single complaint but the service certainly has . The owners will quite happily ignore customers standing at the counter or trying to attract her attention until she is ready to serve them and if they dare to say anything they are met with a scowl and short put down .

If the OP had walked out they would not be the first certainly wont be the last , the new owners have been there over a year and will certainly have had feedback and noticed the loss of regulars but they dont appear to care so if they do not survive then its their own fault because the solution to the downturn in business isn't something like reducing prices , better quality food or anything that would cost money , its simply treating their customers as they would want to be treated if they went out for a meal unless of course they really dont care and its just a hobby for them .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

guest14507

We thought we would try this restaurant today for lunch. It didn't start to well when we decided to sit out in the screened off part outside and the waitress took the order of people that arrived about 5 minutes after us but sat inside. When I asked if she could take our order, she seemed to get a bit tetchy saying it wasn't her fault that she didn't know we were there, perhaps it was our fault somehow. Things didn't improve when the cutlery was put on the table and the knife was covered in black spots which despite my best efforts didn't come off, but I chose not to mention them to anyone. Just before the meal arrived the cruet was placed on the table and unfortunately the vinegar bottle had a small dead fly floating in it which I did tell the waitress about as she placed our meals on the table and she apologised and bought a new bottle.
At this point we were in two minds as to whether just to get up and walk out or not, but decided to stay. I have to say the meal was very good, I had the steak and ale pie and my wife had pork ribs, the steak in the pie was lovely and melted in the mouth with no fat at all, the pastry was not to thick and chips were OK. The ribs were, according to my wife, in a really tasty sauce.
Would we go back? If I knew that attitudes had changed and more attention to details were being observed, yes I would because the food was good.