Palm Weevil advice

Started by areboy74, December 26, 2014, 15:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casablanca

I am in the throes of trying to save a palm which has been attacked by Palm Weevil and after applying Nuprid 200SL (20% Imidacoprid) for a few months I might be winning the battle, to early to say yet. Just to be sure could someone please confirm what is the mix ratio, how I should be applying it and how often I should be applying it.

irish-red

Hi Areboy, my husband managed to save our palms when several round us died. His advice is to go to the Armuna next to Mora Oil & ask for incectiside for Palm Weevil, it is also ,successful for treating the insect that attacks the Chumba, that has also been saved. They are very helpful.

Carole

Evet

Hi areboy74. Have a look at using a chemical called "Imidacloprid" to treat your Palms. You can buy it in the Armeria next to the Mora oil petrol station in Arboleas. It costs about €20 a litre and the mix ratio from this will last many applications. The use of this chemical for treating Palms against the Red Weevil (Picudo Rojo) has been looking good from information on the internet.

areboy74

Many thanks Terry.  I look forward to your forthcoming advice.  Brian
Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail!

telcaz

Don´t give up hope, even on the one you think you have lost, I did, with two of mine, which I now believe I could have saved. I have two friends who have infected trees, but are fighting back with some success but a lot of work and dedication. I will talk to them and let you know what they are doing.
                                                              Terry.

areboy74

I think i have read almost all posts on the subject here.  I didnt give ours a second thought untill j noticed the centre was all lopsided.  Got up close you can hear the munching.  Obviously losing that palm.  I have four others around the house, if i treat them, hooefully early , do they stand a fighting chance?  All contructive replies appreciated.  Thanks in anticipation. 
Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail!