Help !!!

Started by Spanish Tangerine, September 21, 2014, 10:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compton

Yes you could do that or you could mark it as an exception in the Anti virus program and it will not be scanned.
2 men in a bar, the first asks for a H2o. His mate says I'll have an H2o too. The mate  dies!!
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
If nobody comes from the future to stop you doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Spanish Tangerine

Ok, so I download it every week then !!
Bobby

compton

AdwCleaner is a portable application that requires no hard installation so it will not appear in the control panel programs section. The file you downloaded should still be where you moved it to or in the location it was downloaded. If you cannot find it then just download another copy. Some anti virus software, Avira and AVG, see this program as a false positive and can disable it so it may have disappeared from the original location.
2 men in a bar, the first asks for a H2o. His mate says I'll have an H2o too. The mate  dies!!
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
If nobody comes from the future to stop you doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Spanish Tangerine

Ok thanks, pardon me for being thick, but where will I find it again, it isn't in my control panel !!!!
Bobby

compton

Glad you have it sorted. Adwcleaner is a very effective piece of software, you can run it once a week as a general maintenance program.

If you get a serious infection it is always best to run it in SAFE MODE as per the instructions as the machine boots with limited drivers and services. A lot of the more serious malware does not start or run until the machine has loaded all the drivers and services and it is easier to remove malware if it is not running.

Spanish Tangerine

Done that and they've all gone !!!. Much obliged.

Bob :handshake
Bobby

compton

This software comes bundled with other things that you may have genuinely wanted, and also with many other things that you must also remove. There are many ways to remove it but (in my opinion) the easiest way is to use Adwcleaner.

1.   Visit this site and download a copy of the software. https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
2.   Find where the downloaded file has been placed and move it to the Desktop.
3.   In Win7, Vista, click start and type "msconfig" without the quotes, , select it from the top of the list. Press enter
3a.   In XP, click start and select RUN, in the box that comes up type "msconfig" press enter
3b.   Win 8, 8.1 from tiles screen just type "msconfig" without quotes, select msconfig from the list that comes up.
4.   In the SYSTEM COINFIGURATION box that is displayed select the BOOT tab,
5.   Place a tick in the SAFE BOOT box, click OK and then EXIT in the next box.
6.   Wait for the machine to re boot, when it has started (it will look strange)run the ADWCLEANER program you placed on the desktop.
7.   When it starts follow the instructions and click the SCAN button, it will only take a few minutes, when the scan has finished click the CLEAN button, after cleaning has finished follow the instructions to shut down and restart the machine.
8.   When fully restarted you will see a text file open on the desktop listing what actions were performed. You can close it, it is not needed.
9.   Go back to step 3,3a, 3b then 4 then 5 (but take the tick out of the SAFE BOOT box) The machine will reboot as normal

Spanish Tangerine

I took a free subscription to my pc back up and now they keep asking me for money !! I've tried to uninstall it but can't find it. It isn't in my control panel programmes, can someone please tell me what to do to get rid of it. Also, something called pc speed maximiser has got in, from where I have no idea and same thing, I can't find a way to get rid of it. It's very annoying and I really do need to get them out. Help Please !!! :head :head
Bobby