Previous topic - Next topic

sparkiemike

:wave

thanks titch

mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

Titch

I learnt my Spanish from a professor from Madrid. Learn it proper like!!!!!!!! Then adapt when when you are with the locals. It is a question of tuning in to the spoken word. You need the grammar in order to progress and understand written Spanish. IMO no learning is ever wasted.

I was told that I spoke POSH Spanish. All countries have their regional accents but I found that learning the equivalent of Received Pronunciation is a good start. Good luck with the course.

Titch

sparkiemike

thanks all

i'll report back after the 12 week course & subjecting the locals around here to the results

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mike

The Sheriff ILLIA.

When we first moved out here 12 years ago we lived in Albanchez for nearly four years - and I became quite competent through interacting with the locals at Spanish -

When we then moved to about the same distance the other side of Albox - near to Taberno - as far as the Taberno villages were concerned - I may have come from Mars - they have great difficulty in understanding my Albanchez Spanish.

Madrid Spanish although it will give you a basic knowledge of Spanish - you many not find many being able to understand you around here. 
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

Queen Clare Shirley

the Spanish in Madrid is pure Spanish and very easy to understand it will be the perfect thing to learn so you will be understood by everyone not just andalucian Spanish. Torrevieja has a good accent which is where I grew up its refreshing when I go up there to hear every word pronounced and articulated.

I would go for the Madrid course
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

lmj52

you got in there before me!! lol.
I worked in London some years ago, with a guy from Newcastle. We both had to talk slower and concentrate to understand each other. A frien of his come to saty for a weekend and I really needed an interpreter! He apparantley was speaking English.
I have taken a look at the website and I will use it anyway, just for the grammar. :clap:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

jimmybeen

I have friends from Malaga and up north near Madrid and they both tell me ...... NO WAY ! .... as the accent here is like a brit from London going to Devon or Newcastle there is a lot of strong accent here!  

nibbler

I think you'll find they speak pure Spanish there not the regional stuff we get in this area.
Nibbler :tiphat:

sparkiemike

is the spanish they speak in madrid the same as they use in almeria?

i ask because there is a really good interactive spanish language course on the bbc web site it's based in madrid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/mividaloca/

but it's no good if it ain't not wot they speak around here

Mike