XBMC with Filmon streams are now working

Started by Android Man, August 29, 2014, 04:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ollie

Quote from: oldbirchy on December 17, 2014, 09:49:55 AM
Don't worry Popsie, yours is set up with the latest firmware!

Regards Andy
I was in the que in turre with all the other people didn't have to say why i was  there just took it of me come back in 2 hours which they could have told me this when buying it but all ends well

oldbirchy

Don't worry Popsie, yours is set up with the latest firmware!

Regards Andy

Popsie

oldbirchy

Hi Ollie
No need to update firmware unless you are having problems, or, you know that there will be a significant improvement in performance. For example, a MINIX neo x7 performs really well with the v008 firmware that most of them were shipped with but an update to v010 makes a good improvement to picture quality and speed of operation
General rule though is, it it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Regards Andy

ollie

Quote from: ollie on December 15, 2014, 17:26:24 PM
Quote from: oldbirchy on December 14, 2014, 20:59:31 PM
Hi Ollie
Pleased that it identified your problem! There are many android boxes on the market. Some come perfect out of the box, (MINIX are the best) others can be cured by installing new firmware. On some, the WiFi receiver is no good and you need to connect by Ethernet. To date, I have resolved problems on dozens of below par boxes and sorted them out. I love the challenge!

Regards Andy
will I have to go every so often to get the box updated? Its. A mygica box..
i would like to add that when buying the box I was told it wasn't though film on and my friends bought the same box on my say so and was told that

ollie

Quote from: oldbirchy on December 14, 2014, 20:59:31 PM
Hi Ollie
Pleased that it identified your problem! There are many android boxes on the market. Some come perfect out of the box, (MINIX are the best) others can be cured by installing new firmware. On some, the WiFi receiver is no good and you need to connect by Ethernet. To date, I have resolved problems on dozens of below par boxes and sorted them out. I love the challenge!

Regards Andy
will I have to go every so often to get the box updated? Its. A mygica box..

ollie

Quote from: ollie on December 15, 2014, 15:45:17 PM
Quote from: telcaz on December 14, 2014, 22:32:15 PM
Well "Ollie" you should have been more patient and waited and gone with "Teleplay" like were going to.
                                                                        Terry.   
get it right tel I was going with telitec not teleplay telitec is though the land line ADSL... And had a few teething prob with the android box but it's OK. Now
but out mr big dish man

ollie

Quote from: telcaz on December 14, 2014, 22:32:15 PM
Well "Ollie" you should have been more patient and waited and gone with "Teleplay" like were going to.
                                                                        Terry.   
get it right tel I was going with telitec not teleplay telitec is though the land line ADSL... And had a few teething prob with the android box but it's OK. Now

telcaz

Terry.   

G and T

Andy, have you tried cuevana2? Just come across it and it is very good and very easy to set up.

Richard.

oldbirchy

Hi Ollie

Regards Andy

ollie

Quote from: ollie on December 13, 2014, 23:36:59 PM
Quote from: oldbirchy on December 10, 2014, 22:26:58 PM
Hi All
There are a variety of ways to get UK live TV through android boxes and PCs.
First you can download the filmon app from the play store and use that.
The rest are through xbmx/Kofi and are:
FTV add on going into Non Geo or UK Live TV
Non group is best at present with all channels working except ITV1 but ITV1+1 is working. Uk live TV is having problems but keep trying and I am sure it will be fixed soon.

Filmon add on from Elzenor not the one from xfinity. All channels working. Remember to go to videos, add ons, highlight filmon and press the menu button. You can then select high resolution as preferred. Gives a better picture.

Sports Devil, Live Tv, Filmon.com, uk live TV. All channels are working

Best of the lot is currently the Phoenix add on, if you font have it you can get it from the tvaddons repository.
Go to Phoenix, Woody,Woody's Channels. Loads of live TV channels including all the UK live channels, sky and BT sports, sky channels etc. Quality is the best I have seen for live TV on xbmc. Occasional buffering but not too long.

Of course, I still say xbmc/Kodi is at its best for on demand TV and movies and I recommend Genesis as the best add on for these. But, if you want yo see if your set up/internet is capable of streaming 1080p movies then try Phoenix, Staal 1080p movies. I watched The Guardians of the Galaxy in 1080p, (blue ray) last night without any buffering.......Brilliant.

Ollie, if you have paid €200 for a box then it should work unless your internet connection is too slow. Install a speed test app on the box and check the results against a PC. If it is wildly different, it is the first indication that the WiFi receiver in the box is no good. If you can, try to connect it by Ethernet cable and re run the test. This may get rid of the problem but I eouldcstill teturn it as faulty!

If anyone needs any help with any kind of box or set up, just send me a pm and I will try to help.

I agree with android man, the people who keep this whole system running are unpaid heroes. If something is broken, you can guarantee that they are already trying to fix it.

Regards Andy
Thanks mate did all that even got the WiFi to come out the probs with the box
took it back to turre they had it for 2 hours and its workin ok for now will add there was a que of people same prob..remember not inrural now.,internets 10 Meg .but thanks

ollie

Quote from: oldbirchy on December 10, 2014, 22:26:58 PM
Hi All
Non group is best at present with all channels working except ITV1 but ITV1+1 is working. Uk live TV is having problems but keep trying and I am sure it will be fixed soon.

Filmon add on from Elzenor not the one from xfinity. All channels working. Remember to go to videos, add ons, highlight filmon and press the menu button. You can then select high resolution as preferred. Gives a better picture.

Best of the lot is currently the Phoenix add on, if you font have it you can get it from the tvaddons repository.
Go to Phoenix, Woody,Woody's Channels. Loads of live TV channels including all the UK live channels, sky and BT sports, sky channels etc. Quality is the best I have seen for live TV on xbmc. Occasional buffering but not too long.

Of course, I still say xbmc/Kodi is at its best for on demand TV and movies and I recommend Genesis as the best add on for these. But, if you want yo see if your set up/internet is capable of streaming 1080p movies then try Phoenix, Staal 1080p movies. I watched The Guardians of the Galaxy in 1080p, (blue ray) last night without any buffering.......Brilliant.

Ollie, if you have paid €200 for a box then it should work unless your internet connection is too slow. Install a speed test app on the box and check the results against a PC. If it is wildly different, it is the first indication that the WiFi receiver in the box is no good. If you can, try to connect it by Ethernet cable and re run the test. This may get rid of the problem but I eouldcstill teturn it as faulty!

If anyone needs any help with any kind of box or set up, just send me a pm and I will try to help.

I agree with android man, the people who keep this whole system running are unpaid heroes. If something is broken, you can guarantee that they are already trying to fix it.

Regards Andy
Thanks mate did all that even got the WiFi to come out the probs with the box

oldbirchy

Hi All

Regards Andy

ollie

Quote from: Android Man on August 29, 2014, 04:24:02 AM
Your Box should automatically update.    :clap:
I suggest powering up your box and load up XBMC and leave it for around 10 minutes, try the filmon addon (and all the others) if it does not play exit out of XBMC and then restart XBMC and leave it for another 10 minutes, its up to you if you want to stare at the notifications to see when its downloaded, but wait for all your addons to download and update, going straight into the an addon whilst updates are running will make the box sluggish or even freeze.
(Androidman clients log into your client hub page for more info and help in the announcements section)
If you watch Live TV through XBMC (Kodi) and you appreciate what these developers do, they accept donations for their work via paypal, I am sure they would love a euro (it all adds up) ;)
i got a andriod boxbfrom connextions turre was well ****** of with the buffering and the nothing but took it back they keep it bfor 2'hours and I have TV again all I want is to work. Not be charged. 200 for nothings

Daffy

Android Man

Your Box should automatically update.    :clap:
I suggest powering up your box and load up XBMC and leave it for around 10 minutes, try the filmon addon (and all the others) if it does not play exit out of XBMC and then restart XBMC and leave it for another 10 minutes, its up to you if you want to stare at the notifications to see when its downloaded, but wait for all your addons to download and update, going straight into the an addon whilst updates are running will make the box sluggish or even freeze.
(Androidman clients log into your client hub page for more info and help in the announcements section)
If you watch Live TV through XBMC (Kodi) and you appreciate what these developers do, they accept donations for their work via paypal, I am sure they would love a euro (it all adds up) ;)