The Wok Albox

Started by steveconway24, December 20, 2019, 08:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJH3

ExPat. Don't apologise you did exactly the right thing by a face to face company.  The reason for bad food and service in some places is the result of them getting away with it. Bad days, off days etc etc etc etc. I was in the trade for over 20 years, I always deals with any complaint as I was owner and sometimes chef when needed. If something wasn't right I needed to know. If you get a shrug, never go back until or unless it changes hands. You have every right to bring this to people's attention. I was just interested that you had taken the trouble, you had , you did, well done.

expatpat

I agree Its far from life changing I simply left a review of our experience which people can accept or reject. But some of the responses do appear to have negative connotations towards me and my action which frankly I can live without.  So I won't bother placing a review here  again .

Cartron

We went to the happy garden some years ago and had a very bad experience. Complained but no joy. Went again last year and a few times since and couldent have been different. Great service ,great food.
There are good days and bad days in all business.
Nobody died, put it down as a bad experience and dont go there again. Job done.
Not trying to be smart but  its a meal gone wrong, better luck next time.

expatpat

Yes I did and I received the same shrug response  you experienced in the other well known restaurant. Maybe its part of the training ? We had invited friends for lunch and really didn't want an argument so we paid the bill and left. I only commented here as I couldn't find them on TripAdvisor Perhaps that says it all a restaurant without a listing in this day and age.

KJH3

Did you ask to speak to the owner manager? did you complain face to face? I always do as a first action.
When i complained at another well known Chinese restaurant in the area (Twice) and then on paying the bill
re their appalling service i was given a shrug of the shoulders by the lady who appeared to be in charge.
That told me what i needed to know and i then felt justified in complaining on here.
If you did complain face to face thats good.

doreen1

I don't think any restaurant should be slated if they haven't been given the chance to address the problem.
It's reviews like this that could make or break a business.

expatpat

I accept that with most restaurants you can get good and bad days and this was without doubt a bad day but what really in my mind marks this out as a place to avoid was the total couldn't give a dam attitude when the whole meal less 4 mouth fulls went back to the kitchen. Of course everyone is free to give it a try my only advice would be eat before you go.   

lmj52

Well one good one bad review. Best to try it yourself and make your mind up I guess.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

steveconway24

Unbelievable!

This is the reason I stopped going there years ago, the hit and miss experience of the place. It appears that it is still the case. I must have dined on a "good" day, and assumed they'd finally got their act together.

expatpat

Having read the previous review I realised that we hadn't visited this restaurant for a couple of years and as we are always on the look out for places to lunch with friends we decided to give it a try yesterday ( Tuesday)

We arrived a party of 4 with the hope of a good meal , we were to  be sadly disappointed. What we found was a wok buffet restaurant without a buffet. We were informed there was no buffet just items from the menu. This being the case we ordered two different meals for two and  hot and sour soup for 4 as the restaurant was cold and a request for some heating was answered by the offer to sit under the aircon / heating  vent which turned out to be switch off.

The soup was served and was neither hot or sour, it was a watery meat stock with a few bits of veg floating in it. The main courses consisted of two plates low quality chicken in factory made sauces, a plate of noddles and a plate of vegetables with a scattering of low quality prawns. 

We each tried a dish and the group opinion was that they were all atrocious. Our rejection of the meal was totally ignored and the waiter simply loaded the plates back onto a trolley and disappeared into the kitchen without a word.   I paid the bill of over 50 euros and we left. Sure I could have argued with the waiter, but I was out for a pleasant lunch with friends and when 95% of a meal returns to a kitchen uneaten in any restaurant that cares, surely an owner or manager would appear to question what has gone wrong.  From yesterday's visit I'm simply amazed that this place stays in business. My advice to anyone considering a visit after yesterday's experience is to give it a miss.   

steveconway24

Not seen this mentioned on here for a while, I went there for lunch yesterday, I haven't been there for about 6 years.
Have to say, I was very impressed.
All the staff were smiling and pleasant.
We arrived at 2, were asked if we wanted menu's or the buffet and took our drink order. We chose buffet, they said the food would be ready soon, brought us our drinks and soup.
Within minutes the "starters" area was filled with food, (some of it frozen then fried stuff, but the other bits were really nice) They brought to our table our own plate of duck; the pancakes, green stuff and sauce you still help yourself to in the starters bit.
The Sushi was really good.
The area of raw food had an amazing choice, baby squid, razor shellfish, clams, various types of prawns, chicken, turkey, beef then all the fresh veg and mushrooms.

It was a nice change from the Happy Garden, that isn't as good as it once was, though I still also go there.

Give it a go if you haven't been in a while, you may be impressed as I was, and still just over 10â,¬ a head