Malwarebytes

Started by byrney, July 07, 2015, 07:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

I've heard before about McAfee not being brilliant but I suppose it was a case of the devil you know, so stuck with it.

So, I'm best sticking with the pay-for version of Malwarebytes and using this Windows defender thing (whatever that is) that Phil uses? I just have an aversion to anything Microsoft-generated!

Lynne

Ditto...Felipe has taken the words right out of my mouth...!
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

felipe

Personally, I hate McAfee as it takes over your PC and makes it run slower, at least it always did mine. I uninstalled it as soon as I got my new computer. I then installed Malwarebytes and also use Windows Defender. Keeps the PC running nice and smooth.

byrney

My laptop suffered a nasty little virus a couple of years ago and, as part of the remedy, had a free version of Malwarebytes installed.

I was asked 12 months ago if I wanted to get an upgraded version for €23, which I did as I was worried about leaving myself vulnerable again.

I also have an annual subscription with McAfee.

With these two weapons I seem to have been relatively free of attacks.

It is now time to renew my Malwarebytes and wonder if you people in the know think it's a worthwhile additional investment to McAfee, as I'm not sure whether they both do pretty much the same thing, or whether they have different functions.

Guidance would be much appreciated.