ftao the moderators

Started by cleo, October 24, 2012, 11:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybeen

I'm no expert but I was told years ago (by a so called expert) that you should never run more than one 'antivirus' on your machine at a time,  as it is possible for the programmes to work against each other and let trojans or worms in ....... I have no idea if this is true, but it what I was told!
I have 'Malwarebytes' (free edition) which I run from time to time and it picks up on any viruses that have got past my antivirus.

antatoo

Sorry, just made me laugh that these horrid hacker people might find out the important information we sometimes give on this site, like where to buy 'Heinz baked beans or Kingsmill bread'.
Didn't mean anything by it!

felipe

antatoo

Quote from: Cuddlybill on October 24, 2012, 12:15:40 PM
Can you tell me if the hackers gleened any personal/private information from the site, I'm a bit worrid they may have seen where to buy 'Heinz Baked Beans' & 'Kingsmill Bread'.

CB..................... :lol: :lol:

Too true!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sparkiemike

:wave

am i being thick or something but if you have anti virus/ firewall protection up to date definitions why has this happened?

is it not the point of all this protection sofware to stop this sort of thing happening?

Mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

openyoureyes

Quote from: irish-red on October 26, 2012, 10:02:31 AM
I have just got my laptop back from Mark (highly recommended) after being hacked by these muslims.  I was not able to access the forum and had to get my laptop repaired. I did not click on any of the links but could not get rid of the page. Now sorted thanks to Mark, laptop running twice as fast.

Carole

Highly recommended ?  You must be new!  :lol:

irish-red

I have just got my laptop back from Mark (highly recommended) after being hacked by these muslims.  I was not able to access the forum and had to get my laptop repaired. I did not click on any of the links but could not get rid of the page. Now sorted thanks to Mark, laptop running twice as fast.

Carole

bigbaz

maybe they will turn up at a few gigs

felipe

No./ All they did was hack the main front page and upload their own page.  All sorted in less than hour after it happened.  The tech guys took the site down for most of that time as I picked up on it only minutes after it happened.

Cuddlybill

Can you tell me if the hackers gleened any personal/private information from the site, I'm a bit worrid they may have seen where to buy 'Heinz Baked Beans' & 'Kingsmill Bread'.

CB..................... :lol: :lol:
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

felipe

This was something that happened over the weekend. it was sorted out within 45 minutes of it happening. The site was hacked and the front page displayed a message from extremist Muslims with links to other websites.

The only way that your machines could have been infected is if you clicked on one of the links. The links may well have contained a virus.  I suggest that you run your anti virus software to check the system. It may also pay to download a different anti-spyware program such as superantispyware here is a link to the download. http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

Anti virus software does not always find rogue files which is why it is important to have a couple of them. The one above is good and you do not have to have it running in the background as you would your current anti virus software.  Just run it separately once a week or so.

Unfortunately, these morons have nothing better to do. They have experts that hack a website at will. There is very little that can be done to stop them. Hopefully now they have done it once they will not come back.  The company where the forum is hosted have implemented some measures to hopefully prevent further attacks.  Phil

cleo

Good morning ,

I have been asked to point out that some members of the forum have had thier computers hacked by a group of people asking them to support muslin issues. As we are not experts with these infernal machines, we don't know how to unblock it,and continue using the forum as usual. if you can help in any way it would be appriciated.  I can give you thier names if you contact me.

Thank you