Lady selling calendar,s

Started by Fly Spray, September 14, 2012, 11:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not_Asking_Much

Unless it's been edited it says 6 or 7 years, but I tend to agree that that doesn't mean it's genuine.

I find you have to react to these people at very short notice, and they can look very plausible. For many years (UK and Spain) my default decision has been NO and I'm very rarely persuaded otherwise.

I give more than generously when I know for sure it's a genuine cause, and I don't fret about turning down callers like this. A scammer relies on the split second decision and the guilt you will feel, so after a few of those, I decided on the above policy.  8)

hyacintho

What makes her OK because she has been calling for the last 6 or 7 days?

Most people working a scam don't just give up and go away because the odd individual doesn't play ball with them.

Spanish Tangerine

Thgis particular lady is ok, she's been calling for the last 6 or 7 years
Bobby

NormanM

Don't feel mean.  You're not.  Just careful - there are far too many doorstep scammers selling tickets etc to support all sorts of apparently deserving causes.

We had a lady selling draw tickets to "support children in local orphanages".  She produced a document authorising her to do so issued in Valencia......

She left empty handed.
From Normam

Fly Spray

Have just had a lady at the gate, dressed in red and wearing jogging wear and peak cap. She had a card with her and said she was selling calendar,s for Arboleas School. Unsure if this is true or another scam. Did not buy any of them. Feel mean but, so unsure of it. She did speak some english. Has any one else come accross this.