NIE document.

Started by Heather Reed, September 16, 2012, 13:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

temasek

My husband's residencia is also his N.I. E. as he applied for them at the same time. He did not have a seperate piece of paper. It depends when you applied.
My first ancient NIE was a little blue card!!!!
W.R.L.F.C.

areboy74

The certificate shown is the residencia, not the NIE, which is a separate paper.  Yes the residencia does show NIE.
Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail!

Heather Reed

Very many thanks, everyone.

I didn't realise it replaced the old residencia.

Got it right here.

You folk on the Forum are brilliant.

gus-lopez

If you got it in 2000 , or anytime up until 2011, it will be white & only an NIE number. It will be headed
" EL JEFE DE LA SECCION DE EXTRANERJOS "

ramblagirl

I think the only way you can change your status for prescriptions is by having submitted a Spanish tax return declaring your income . If you haven't submitted one they will assume that you are in that bracket (18,000 euros) and charge you accordingly.

Starynightsky

Here you go this is an example of one

I found it on THIS forum http://www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expats-living-spain/106533-nie.html and as anyone can see it is clearly displayed on the expatforum

hope that helps

Starynightsky

Well mine is a green sheet (a4)

Hang on I will see if I can find a copy somewhere.  :wave

Heather Reed

Hi,

Please can someone tell me what an NIE Document looks like.
I certainly have an NIE number but how I got it I can't for the life of me remember.
I suppose it must have been when we bought the first house over here in 2000.

But I need the actual NIE Document now to go the Social Security office in Huercal Overa re the new prescription charges.
They seem to think I have an income over £18,000. I wish!!

What should I be looking for and if I can't find it where do I get a copy please?