Previous topic - Next topic

CT

Quote from: Challenger 383 on May 15, 2016, 13:36:19 PM
Australia? In Europe?

Apparently it was meant to be Austria :clap:

MELEE

You're right Challenger 383 it's not about the song - it's bent

Challenger 383

I've come to the conclusion the UK loose every year for 2 reasons, mainly the bbc simply couldn't afford to stage it now, and by that token to ensure we never win, our entries have been appalling, political or not I don't think any of our recent entries have been more than 5 places from the bottom. From a country that has produced and is still responsible  good percentage of the world's favourite songs and artists for several decades, you simply can't help thinking we are just going through the motions, and perhaps it might be better to bow out and leave Europe's petty rivalries and obvious back scratching alliances to it. It's not even about the song anymore.

webejamin

Quote from: CT on May 15, 2016, 12:18:17 PM
Overnight rating in the UK was 7.19 million
Godelpusansavus ??? and we've got a serious referendum on the way ???

Lynden

Eurovision is a political farce and has been for over 20 years. If Cyprus put up a dancing pig Greece would give it top marks. The Eastern European countries ( really in Asia ) all vote for each other or Mother Russia. Israel compete too, along with that European super island Australia.
Why people watch it must be for the comedy value.

webejamin

Quote from: Challenger 383 on May 15, 2016, 13:36:19 PM
Australia? In Europe?
Yeah I know ??? just watched a bit of the Ausie song and it must be a secret weapon to give the world a migraine :shocked: won't chance lookin at the rest.
Anuva fing, who knows many winning songs, that can still be remembered an hour after it's finished?

Challenger 383

MELEE

Don't watch it- it's fixed...I was hoping if we vote OUT we will be out of that debacle as well

CT

Overnight rating in the UK was 7.19 million

webejamin

Now, it's something I haven't watched for probably 30 years or more, but I just accidentally caught the end last night ??? I was surprised to see that Australia were in it :shocked: however, that's not my point. Australia were winning hands down, when just as it was finishing, Ukraine won it :shocked: I didn't understand the voting system, but it did seem a bit iffy, just like it was made up. :whistle:
Anyway, my point is, that Australia must now understand what it means to be in the EU and how decisions are reached in it, how the rules are made and used :whistle: I didn't see any of the contestants doing their stuff, but the clips I saw were absolute junk, all glitter and hype, no talent whatsoever in other words "a load of bunkum". I hope Australia take the hint and get out of the EUrovision song contest, before being sucked into a third rate system that's loaded against them and they will regret ever going near it. :rant:

Waddya fink people? maybe nobody watched it ???