Awnings

Started by Titch, March 29, 2009, 15:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWINDONIANS

I bought a second-hand one recently 4mts wide, 3 mts reach - was almost brand new.  However, the guys that fitted it said we had to watch for the wind as it can break it if it's too gusty.  End result is that I'm never allowed to open it as there's always a bit of wind and even on a calm day, an open awning picks up the slightest breeze.  I'm pleased to hear that lots of you think they're good and would be grateful for your comments re: wind-risk so that perhaps I can convince my other half that it is safe to wind it out sometimes!

johntalka

the one, senor caddick  is talking about, is mines,it is 3mts long 2mts reach and brand new never been used,and it's electric remote control. thanks terry by the way  

galeras1

Depending on size. I want quite a big one and like the look of the awnings outside the Wassy Bar.  They were supplied by the glass shop out towards the bomberos parque in Albo.

caddickt

A friend of mine is selling an electric awning in the for sale section of this Forum, never been used, John/Talka well worth a look.

Good Luck Terry

carl

Got ours from Longos too.

Use it all summer had it now for 2years about.

Grate for shade and in the summer we chuck fly netting over when we eat its grate.
Carl

Babyboomer

Quote from: Titch on March 29, 2009, 15:47:22 PM
Have you got one? Do you like it and use it? Do you wish you had done something different etc?

Any recommendations for where to buy -  good quality at a fair price.

Yes we have two, yes we like them and use them constantly.
We got both of ours from Longo's they offer a range - we bought our toward the bottom end of the price range.
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.

Titch

Thinking of getting an awning to cover the patio for shade.  I'm looking for people's thoughts on the pros and cons.

Have you got one? Do you like it and use it? Do you wish you had done something different etc?

Any recommendations for where to buy -  good quality at a fair price.

Regards

Titch