WARNING JELLY FISH

Started by livin-doll, July 09, 2012, 20:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickychesnuts

I've been to the beach San Juan today and it was fine.. not a sign of any jelly fish..plenty of folk on the beach and in the sea.

livin-doll

The flags seem to be different, whatever beach you are visiting, the one we went to was a yellow flag with a jelly fish on it, but another beach was blue.....so just look out for the flags with the jelly fish on them, and that also nobody is in the water.....good sign.

P.s. have just read something in the telegraph, that they are actually netting a lot of the coastal beaches to make it safe for us all to swim.

Livin-doll :wave

Blue Moon

On Spectrum Radio a couple of days ago they said that blue flags flying on the beach indicate jelly fish in the sea.

rainbowsheep03

Quote from: felipe on July 10, 2012, 16:52:56 PM
If white vinegar is not available then pee on the sting. Our daughter got stung a few years ago at San Juan. Luckily for her a Spanish family came prepared with the vinegar.  :):):)

I have been told by a medic that peeĀ“ing on a sting is a myth. And doesnt actually help at all.

felipe

If white vinegar is not available then pee on the sting. Our daughter got stung a few years ago at San Juan. Luckily for her a Spanish family came prepared with the vinegar.  :):):)

King saint 76

Lots around the beaches near rodaquiler a couple of days ago

annef

There have been several people injured on the beaches in both bays in Aguilas also.

rainbowsheep03

They have been around mojacar too. Where the cove is. But in vera, i have not yet seen any.

livin-doll

Hi just a warning that the jelly fish are in and around our beaches here, went to beach near San Juan today and full of them, so sadly no swimming, has anybody else seen them anywhere else along the coast?

Livin-doll