Saturday national or local holiday?

Started by edgey, September 05, 2012, 14:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gus-lopez

Quote from: ColinC on September 08, 2012, 15:37:52 PM
Seeing as how we were shut today for the fiesta we went to Lorca shopping centre, mostly closed as was Mercadonna as we passed that, carried onto Aguilias and a lot of the shops in the shopping centre were shut too, so perhaps not as "local" as one might think...

You should have asked, September 8th,Lorca day everything is shut normally.    Free entry up the castle though normally !  :lol:

Market was busy in Águilas though !

ColinC

Seeing as how we were shut today for the fiesta we went to Lorca shopping centre, mostly closed as was Mercadonna as we passed that, carried onto Aguilias and a lot of the shops in the shopping centre were shut too, so perhaps not as "local" as one might think...

byrney

I think Kaylea probably knows that, but it´s a nice innocent little plug for the market - nothing wrong with that.  Let´s try and keep as many people in work as possible.  Every little helps as they say....

rozzieb

Albox starts somewhere around Pimans I think

Iberlynx

The Los Llanos market is probably open because it is not in Albox

Kaylea

Our market in Los LLanos de Arboleas is open as usual.

tomcalesas

The night from friday to saturday, there is indeed the pelgrimage to the Virgin de Saliente, which is housed in the Monastery..............

Lidl and Mercadona are closed, in principle all shops should be closed.....

Lynne

It's just a local (Albox) holiday, something to do with people walking up to the monastery in Saliente on the Friday.  Not all shops will be shut though, I believe.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

edgey

Saw today mercadona closed on Saturday... is it national holiday or just a local one ?  as was looking at going Huercal Overa on Saturday but don't want a wasted trip.