st ggeorge

Started by templemanw, April 21, 2015, 19:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy john

Barcelona was mentioned, it's in Catalonia.

Karen4

I didn't know that, I just looked up some info and they hadn't included it! The whole patron saint thing fascinates me, there's one for everything under the sun and more besides, as well as for every day of the year. Actually there's loads of them for each day of the year, fascinating stuff!
It's a lot easier being an atheist!
Cl3880

gus-lopez

Quote from: Duffs on April 21, 2015, 21:46:18 PM
Karen: You forgot to mention that St.George is also the patron saint of Barcelona.

I was going to say that & he's happy tonight as they just cruised through into the semi's! :clap:

Duffs

Karen: You forgot to mention that St.George is also the patron saint of Barcelona.

Karen4

He's the patron saint of all this lot too, busy chap....
agricultural workers; Amersfoort, Netherlands; Aragon; archers; armourers; Bavaria, Germany; Beirut, Lebanon; Bulgaria; Bulgarian Army; butchers; Cappadocia; Catalonia; cavalry; chivalry; Constantinople; Corinthians (Brazilian football team); Crusaders; England; equestrians; Ethiopia; farmers; Ferrara; field workers; Freiburg, Germany; Genoa; Georgia; Gozo; Greece; Haldern, Germany; Heide; herpes; horsemen; horses; husbandmen; knights; lepers and leprosy; Lithuania; Lod; London; Malta; Modica, Sicily; Montenegro; Moscow; Order of the Garter; Palestine; Palestinian Christians; Piran; plague; Portugal; Portuguese Army; Portuguese Navy; Ptuj; Reggio Calabria; riders; Romani people; saddle makers; Serbia; Scouts; sheep; shepherds; skin diseases; Slovenia; soldiers; syphilis; Teutonic Knights

(Incidentally, St Patrick is also the patron saint of Murcia!)
Cl3880

templemanw

england is sutch a stange place  our patron saint is some bloke born in syria  of greek perants who joind the roman army and never stepped a foot in england  in his life
and apparently he killed a dragon hummmmmm