Easter Eggs or just eggs ??

Started by PhillipJLloyd, April 04, 2017, 11:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilf and Moira

Always maintain the Status Quo!!

Karen4

http://www.thejournal.ie/cadbury-easter-eggs-2678575-Mar2016/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/no-national-trust-havent-dropped-10154405

Just because you can'[t see it splashed on the front doesn't mean it's not there! Is it a Christian thing anyway? Not really, it's a much earlier pagan festival...nothing to do with Satanism, as one poster hinted.
But who worries about facts these days anyway? I'm glad to see the Christians promoting the Easter festival of rebirth and fertility, which is why it was chosen by the early church to mark the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus.
Save us from the Borg!  :13:
Cl3880

sallyb

I can't find a Cadbury's egg with the word Easter on it, so they have dropped the word
Phyll

Karen4

Incidentally, Cadburys haven't dropped the word "Easter" at all....it's amazing how many people believe the nonsense they read on the internet an in the papers without checking the facts.
Cl3880

Jo-JoB

Quote from: Karen4 on April 04, 2017, 13:30:05 PM
It's not really a Christian festival, but is much older, and was adopted by the early church in order to assimilate the pagans into Christianity.....it's that Borg move again!
http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends/ancient-pagan-origins-easter-001571

Aren't they all! Most holidays are just a mish mash of pagan and christian festivals. Even Christmas isn't Christian

nibbler

It's not Terrys, it's mine.
Nibbler :72:

Tetley

Whats needed is some Ramadam mini eggs,dark choclate on the outside wi white chocklate in middle.....job done

or   :57:

Brexit Eggs

white choclate only,wi X all in the middle..... :grin:

anyway my fave is Terry choclate Orange...yum yum  :sign0098:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

Fink I could end up goin to church if all this anti Christian stuff keeps occurin. Coz if I don't, in time, they'll probly make me go to the Mosque :a102:

zilnor

I have already bought chocolate bunnies for my grand-children. Suppose the PC appeasers will stop them being called Easter Bunnies !

Look on the bright side, I have seen packets of Easter Crackers for sale , similar to Christmas crackers . I may buy some cos they have the word Easter !  :57: 

sallyb

Cadbury have only dropped the word Easter to appease the Muslims, I shan't be buying Cadbury again
Phyll

Trev

Well us Satanic worshippers have Walpurgis night, Halloween, solstices and equinoxes, but never get paid for them....life is just so unfair :91:

Karen4

Cl3880

webejamin

Well I like Easter, we get two days paid leave, so you heathens leave us Christians alone :38: If gov.uk get to here all this, they'll do away with Easter :72: Godelpusandsavus :16:

tandas

As long as they're made from chocolate and I can eat them who cares what they call them.

Greggers

The Church should stick to what they are best at............kiddie fiddling, child molestation. They should have no say in politics either.

Trev

Waste of money...or waste of F***** money....all the same really.

The church, the press & the PM really have nothing better to do than waste time on drivel like this  :34:

Karen4

It's not really a Christian festival, but is much older, and was adopted by the early church in order to assimilate the pagans into Christianity.....it's that Borg move again!
http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends/ancient-pagan-origins-easter-001571
Cl3880

webejamin

I wonder what the PC brigade would say if Easter was done away with altogether, including the paid holidays that go with it :72:

Wilf and Moira

Always maintain the Status Quo!!

johnhc

Its EASTER eggs, anything else is PC gone mad.

PhillipJLloyd