Mag v Openbox

Started by steveconway24, March 08, 2019, 09:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveconway24

No rush to upgrade my box, the difference to IPTV with Fibre is amazing.
I have always had a decent 10mb connection supplied by Dynos Digitalbox,for â,¬25 a month, what has very rarely let me down. And has always worked well with IPTV. (Highly recommended if you can't get fibre)
I share my internet with a mate that has a holiday home on the next street, just a cable from my router going over 2 houses to his, 75 meters away. In the past, when we are both streaming say live football at one house and F1 in the other, I could get glitches, small freeze's in the stream.
But not now.
To fully test it, I have my lap top, Mag box and 2 phones connected.
The cable is still going to my mates, whos running TV, iPad, phone and a lap top.
Then I've thrown another cable from the router to next door my neighbour, his wife is watching IPTV, hes online gaming via PS4 and 2 phones.
Not a single glitch, the image quality on the FHD channels is fantastic via my IPTV. It has also eradicated the slight (300ms) sound difference on Amazon Prime TV and Netflix.

I went with Movistar, Fibra only for â,¬32 a month, guaranteed for 12 months (I have that in writing as have had Movistar before)
O2 can also supply 300mb fibre with a mobile for â,¬50 a month
Avoid a company called "Lowi", I tried to connect to them, they are part of Vodafone, 100mb fibre and 2 mobiles with free calls and 20gb of data per mobile for â,¬49 a month. I just got messed around by their most unhelpful staff for 4 weeks.
Pepefone also look competitive, plus they offer you an extra free 5gb foryour mobile for every day their Fibre internet goes down. Unfortunately, not available here in Albanchez.

steveconway24

I'm just upgrading to Fibra 100mb internet, so was about to order a Mag 351 4k box to use in the lounge and retire my old Mag 250 to the bedroom.
But whilst searching, I came across an Openbox VX

I used to love the Openbox before with satellite, but the new VX is an android based system but with built in STB Emulator pro.

So my question is, has anyone set up their IPTV subscription on an Openbox VX here?
Techkings give them a good review, and they are 30 quid compared to 120 for the Mag 351.