New pub los carrascos

Started by eric blindell, August 10, 2016, 13:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annastasia

Donna the brewery selling Saxon in Velez Rubio closed down years ago so brewing ceased.

musicdonna

La Vida at Cucador used to sell a really nice beer called Saxon about three years ago.  Don's know what happened but they stopped stocking it.

Wrypop

Quote from: jonandeve on October 26, 2016, 12:59:00 PM
OK, I respect everyone's opinions, but the last thing I'd want in Los Carrascos is a 'proper' English Bar. If I'd wanted to watch Sky Sports whilst drinking warm beer and eating pork scratchings, while my Mrs plays Bingo, I would have either stayed in the UK or moved to Benidorm! Please God that the new bar opens as a quiet little Spanish bar.   

Regarding the music - and I speak as an experienced musician myself - live music from a full band would impact and irritate those living close to the bar. In my opinion it would not be appropriate in what is a residential area. Occasional acoustic guitar or piano may be OK as it's not to loud. Karaoke is an affront to music and should be banned completely.

Correct in every aspect - well said. Fish and Chips, Full Sunday Roast, Karaoke - all simply a case of building an imitation version of the UK here. Embrace Spain not just its weather.

jonandeve

OK, I respect everyone's opinions, but the last thing I'd want in Los Carrascos is a 'proper' English Bar. If I'd wanted to watch Sky Sports whilst drinking warm beer and eating pork scratchings, while my Mrs plays Bingo, I would have either stayed in the UK or moved to Benidorm! Please God that the new bar opens as a quiet little Spanish bar.  

Regarding the music - and I speak as an experienced musician myself - live music from a full band would impact and irritate those living close to the bar. In my opinion it would not be appropriate in what is a residential area. Occasional acoustic guitar or piano may be OK as it's not too loud. Karaoke is an affront to music and should be banned completely.

Lynden

Work continues on the new bar after the summer break. All the work seems to be focused on the upper level which looks to have a unique design for the area.
With a low wall around the perimeter the owner could provide unique facilities to differentiate his offer from those around.
Hot tubs, with bar service provided and a selection of coin operated telescopes and binoculars for patrons to enjoy the views over the wood yard and mountains. I understand that a miniature electric fence is being installed to stop the marauding termites from the wood yard too. A real bonus.

OSCARPED

Quote from: astraltraveler on August 22, 2016, 21:57:02 PM
What I don't understand is with the old Suzi's bar and the Trinidad now closed, why build another bar.

you had to drive to èther ,! This one we can walk to (hopefully the work will start again SOON) :clap: :clap:

Karen4

We did hear that Legends bar is going to be hosting these acts, not sure who their target audience will be around Arboleas?!  Whatever floats your boat! :lol:
Cl3880

Angel

Hunky guys and Drag artists are coming to Arboleas soon!
Hens parties will be moving down from Benidorm for the experience of highlife in rural Spain!

freddie

I think 2 and 3  definitely apply here, never understand  their mentallity, because invariably the tenant leaves and they get nowt.

mel20

Perhaps that's exactly the reason .

astraltraveler

What I don't understand is with the old Suzi's bar and the Trinidad now closed, why build another bar.

lmj52

I do understand how people feel. I lived in London in 1980' so not really England I guess. It's difficult to generalise as parts of England are so different. We have family in Windermere, Newcastle, the east coast, and all have plus and minus points.
I am fortunate to live opposite an award winning pub/ restaurant in South Wales. Thatched roof and been around since 17century. Real ales and all that nonsense. But we like the difference, France is great but relatively expensive but we speak the language. Eventually when we move to Spain we will enjoy the difference too.
As you say each to their own.
Enjoy wherever you are as life is too short.  :tiphat:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Angleseyite

Quote from: zilnor on August 22, 2016, 21:02:56 PM
I have lived close to a traditional English 19th century pub for the last three years , on my return from living for seven years in the Almanzora valley. I enjoyed my time in Spain  and I am enjoying my life back in England.
In my local, nobody " gets blasted and urinates , and chucks up "' , and I am sure these derogatory comments do not apply to most Brit pubs. Nor the Spanish bars.
If people living in Spain are happy to pay more for  a pint of English / Brit ale so b----y what. Whatever floats your boat.  :lol:
If I'm honest, I do occasionally miss being able to sit in a beer garden with a good British  ale, albeit under an umbrella most of the time. But nowhere near enough to make me want to return full time. But as has been said each to their own.  :sun:

doreen1

Ah but Liz you are so posh. You wouldn't be slumming it now would you?  :sun:

zilnor

I have lived close to a traditional English 19th century pub for the last three years , on my return from living for seven years in the Almanzora valley. I enjoyed my time in Spain  and I am enjoying my life back in England.
In my local, nobody " gets blasted and urinates , and chucks up "' , and I am sure these derogatory comments do not apply to most Brit pubs. Nor the Spanish bars.
If people living in Spain are happy to pay more for  a pint of English / Brit ale so b----y what. Whatever floats your boat.  :lol:

Trebmal

Quote from: eric blindell on August 12, 2016, 12:33:42 PM
Quote from: Trebmal on August 12, 2016, 11:25:33 AM
I guess if you want an English pub your happy to pay English prices too

I think the people go live across the road should have some say..
wI do live opposite the new pub and am quite happy to pay extra for my English beer.

Excellent.... Well to be a good old English pub it really needs people to get blasted .. Urinate and chuck up all over so if you live across from it excellent. 

Good luck to who Evers invested in the place though.. Like most things, people are quite fickle so if it closes due to 'coffee is now 1pm a cup than another place it may not last long and become another sorry place that's closed down for ages..  I'd heard it was going to be an 'alternative bar' or a change of partners night if it takes off..

Enjo

Tetley

:offtopic:

Rog can we have these kids on next year,most of em is over 60,deffinatly fit down the fiesta  :shocked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B90sTtxAq60

:biggrin:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Tetley

Quote from: Hogs on August 15, 2016, 11:08:50 AM
Quote from: eric blindell on August 15, 2016, 09:29:25 AM
God wot a nite !  Karaoke til 3 in the morning, car doors slamming, horns blaring.  GC raided the bingo and arrested all the pensioners, Trafico fined three people for using Zimmers under the influence.   Mark my words it'll get worse when the bar opens

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mind you Eric on the upside all the noisy, singing, horn blowing door slamming Boys and Girls will be in one place and not round by my house!   :whistle:

Hogsy  :thumbsup:

Yer,and if all the cops is attending the" Los Carrscos Hilton",the rest of us can turn our Marshall 100 w Valve amps up elswere  and melt the fxxxxxxx MOON   :))
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

eric blindell

God wot a nite !  Karaoke til 3 in the morning, car doors slamming, horns blaring.  GC raided the bingo and arrested all the pensioners, Trafico fined three people for using Zimmers under the influence.   Mark my words it'll get worse when the bar opens

sandy b

I dont know where the idea came from that it was going to be a noisy bar. As far as I am aware, and I could be wrong, it is going to be a restaurant.

peteryaxley

Hi all, I posted this on the other thread but it applies equally to this thread
Hi everybody, I would like to add a bit on this thread, up to the present, the majority of posts seem to be about residents complaining about music one night a week, I would like to put forward the other side of the equation, about people shouting and singing when they leave the bar during the week, about car doors being banged and slammed, about car horns being used to inform their friends in the bar that they have arrived to pick them up, car horns being used to get their friends to hurry up as they are waiting outside, all these instances take place during the week and it can be any hour up to one thirty in the morning there are also the drivers who hit the horn everytime they go past, even when the bar is closed, so the upset is not just about three hours one night a week you have other things most nights of the week, and to me, the most outstanding thing is the people who attend the music evenings dance and jump about getting hot, and then throwing open all the doors and windows to cool down which just lets the sound out to the neighbourhood and I think that many of these are the same people who would be guilty of the previous remarks, so it is not just about spoiling a persons pleasure for three hours once a week.
My house was built before the bar and my above comments have been drawn from personal experience over previous years, I now come back to the comment " the bar owner should work with the residents ", how very true, we now have an excellent couple running our local ( as opposed to previous owners ) I do not know if I would be out of order mentioning the name of the bar but the people who are now in charge are Sharon and Danny a couple who, I think, have transformed the bar and restaurant and all with the local residents in mind, so it can and should be done.

Peter

Karen4

I think it's far better to be a bit optimistic and think about the benefits of having somewhere within easy walking distance, so no need for all the "drink drivers" to risk their cash with the GC, or other people's lives with their "I'm grand, I've only had a few" attitude! It will give a bit of a "centre" to the village, and could be a very good place for people to meet up and chat, who wouldn't normally be able to get in and out of town too easily.
As for loud music, an occasional night here and there surely isn't really a problem, is it? I could understand if it was going to be 7 nights a week but I hardly think that's likely! There's probably more noise going to be coming from the merry revellers who are making their way home shouting the odds, as many seem to do. A big, well-loaded super-soaker aimed at the right place should curtail their fun fairly quickly!  :wink: Failing that, I gather that some locals intend to note where the rowdy boys live, and waken them up at all sorts of ungodly hours.....
Good grief, the place hasn't even opened yet and already the "glass half empty" brigade are shouting the odds. If and when there DOES turn out to be excessive noise throughout the week, I'm fairly sure it will be dealt with in a speedy and reasonable manner. In the meantime, try to think of it as a positive addition to the area, it will make life so much easier for you if you do!
Cl3880

OSCARPED

:umbrella:8
Quote from: NorrieM on August 12, 2016, 14:59:31 PM
Threats, already, and the place is not even open. Sad, really.
:smackhead:
so true !
We live quite close and it will be nice to just walk down and have a nice drink and chat with the occasional music on
what is not needed is a clickish bar full of snobs , somewhere for all to relax.
As for old guess what ! most people here are getting on a bit ,!!!

byrney

Tetley

But to be fair the Mojacar cops are ok to deal with,as long as you do as instructed,ie bass down,kick& overhead mics down/off.

:outtahere:

hartcjhart

Quote from: Tetley on August 13, 2016, 00:02:27 AM
:offtopic: to the new bar

The problem with it all is flexabilty and rights

ie rights kept sensible,with a bit of flexability

some local bars are having a devil of a time with the police,wich realy could be avoided with a bit of flexibilty in the local area,

basikly as it stands now,anybody can report a local bar for noise,over ambient sound of approx 56db,wich is a shame if 150 folks are having a nice night out with 2.5 hours of music once a week and it gets stopped by one phone call.

basikly it comes down to mutal respect of the citizens and a bit of live and let live and give & take  ie all ages from the 8 year old moto cross rider in the feild to the 11.45pm alright now 82 year old enjoying the twi light memorys befor the next adventure.

night all x  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzKBkvpD-ik  here is one for all our 65 plus folks,and if you were lucky enough to be at this gigg,well yer were part of history so fair play ti yers  :) a gigg and times that only our youth of today can dream abought,never to come again,ie Queen,Free,Zeplin,Elvis,The Beatles,ect.

and too many complaints and you end up like Mojacar

byrney

I have started a new thread Tets, as I don't want to be accused by the purists of hijackijng a thread.....see "New Bars".

Tetley

The rule is bryns 55 to 60 db ambient music,its a nightmere tying to get a band to even 80db most run all well over 100db,wich i wouldent let my kid do anyway as it nackers yer hearing.

the procedure is for those with an intrest

if the cops are called ( local police issue/ town hall enforcment ) and in there veiw the sound is above ambient sound they ask for it to be turned down and go,ie the cops are in the middle with a job to do,they do not need a db meter .... what they say goes,without debate

if they come back,the music is then OFF.

my kid got turned down last sunday in mojacar and 2 weeks ago in Vera.

basikly everybody has to do as instructed by the police other wise your open to sanction under the citizens protection laws ( gagg law ) this includes drinkers with the hump......... :) hissing or mumbling.... hiss off if yer do it can be a 300e slap ( and it may also not help yer long stay plans ie with all the brexitering thats possible on its way in the feuter )

still its only rock & roll  however my veiw is it will eventually go to un amplifed music,ie a performer sat in a corner with a nylon string acuistic guitar or a very small max 50w combo vocal guitar amp or sealed venues or feilds  and a deisel jenny,bar,and wee in the bushes   :))

i think the safe working limit for bar staff in the uk,is around 80db,but apparently there on abought brining it down to 70db also the rule of thumb for sound inside is 4w per person and 6 to 8w per person outside,so 100 folks outside system needed 700w ish output with adjustable down controlls.

the other debate,that mainly effects coastal bars,is the use of" public space " ie were a venue exedes the boundrys ,the cops & town halls can also get the hump with this,but in this area seem prety fair as long as all ,do as instructed.

also the coastal bars have to get an" ambient music licence" for every event,ie permission,if the cops come and you havent got the pink slipp from the TH  the music is off streigh away

apparently now,even a very big venue on Mojacar front is also having sound issues,so it is effecting all sizes of venue and ALL EU citizen/ owners

the other thing is as well,its the same deal for open air private partys,ie ambient sound levels,music off by 12,and to be safe a permission slip from the town hall.

byrney

Tetley - "The problem with it all is flexibilty and rights".

Well, Amigo, we totally agree again!

Buy a house near a bar and you know what you are getting.

Buy a house and then a Council allows a bar to open within close proximity, then that is something completely different - and residents are totally entiteled to complain if their life is adversely affected.

However, you provide a very sensible and absolutely acceptable (to most) compromise.  A couple or three hours of music once a week surely can't adversely affect anyone's life.

Your lad and his group are a prime example.  How could anyone complain about a one-off event where Danny/Adelante do their stuff for a few hours?

Unfortunately, the bigger picture is that some bars like to "strut their stuff" night after night and therefore it becomes tiresome (annoying) to those affected.

The problem is Tets, that we have quite a few arrogant (mainly Brit) bar owners in the Valley, who don't give a damn about anyone else, which entitles residents to cry foul and get onto the Guardia - and quite rightly so.

As you say, give and take - but it MUST start with the bar owners and their approach to local residents......maybe one day they will learn (or probbaly not - no names, no pack drill).  :tiphat:

Tetley

Ar the master Alvin Lee apparently he lived in the Malaga area upto his death a few years back,i do wonder if we will ever see this level of talent again with the likes of Lee,Moore,Page and the hours of practice it takes to" Mix it " at the top end of the game.

hopefully the youngsters will keep it all alive  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNwD4Yn1QM8  even tho it will be turned down a bit from the orignal orange valve amped London Jams   :)

Bonamassa at 18  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsyiKkWRfnc

nic.spato

some local bars are having a devil of a time with the police,wich realy could be avoided with a bit of flexibilty in the local area,

basikly as it stands now,anybody can report a local bar for noise,over ambient sound of approx 56db,wich is a shame if 150 folks are having a nice night out with 2.5 hours of music once a week and it gets stopped by one phone call.

basikly it comes down to mutal respect of the citizens and a bit of live and let live and give & take  ie all ages from the 8 year old moto cross rider in the feild to the 11.45pm alright now 82 year old enjoying the twi light memorys befor the next adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzKBkvpD-ik  here is one for all our 65 plus folks,and if you were lucky enough to be at this gigg,well yer were part of history so fair play ti yers  :) a gigg and times that only our youth of today can dream abought,never to come again,ie Queen,Free,Zeplin,Elvis,The Beatles,ect.

And me and my girl were both at the IOW 1970 (we never met until 50 years later and unbeknown to me, she was part of a bunch of local hippies who broke the fence down and got in for nothing....cost me 2 weeks wages to buy my frikkin ticket !) appearing over the 3 days...Jimi, Free, The Who, Taste - featuring the man himself Mr Rory Gallagher, Moody Blues, ELP (making their debut) Ten Years After, featuring the late great Alvin Lee.
Joni Mitchell, Melanie, Joan Baez, Sly and the Family Stone.....and the one and only Tiny Tim !
A line up that was obviously never repeated, due to Jimi popping off a month later......oh the memories will never fade though 😎

nic.spato

Hear hear to all of that !

Tetley

shadowguard

Quote from: glenholt on August 12, 2016, 22:00:12 PM
The locals in Piedra Amarilla, are having the same problem regarding noise with the El Teatro.

Everyone here remembers YOU,  had a problem with the so called 'noise' BEFORE they even opened  ::)

glenholt

The locals in Piedra Amarilla, are having the same problem regarding noise with the El Teatro.