Mr Speaker (wow )

Started by Tetley, April 28, 2020, 08:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston Broke

Quote from: lmj52 on September 16, 2020, 17:26:10 PM
You’re very touchy Lynden, a bit of banter and you are so defensive.
I didn’t even mention you in the post about sixth sense, but you must have thought it was about you. If the cap fits as they say.
I can’t really have a discussion with a person pb who is a drunk street beggar.

Johnny are you reading this ???

I'm not sure how to interpret the bottom line, but you can see what a kaleidoscopic imagination IMJ has (probably reflects his Tax returns !!!!)  Is he referring to me (pb) as a drunk street beggar ???  i don't mind being referred to as a Drunk ..... but Street Beggar ???  It's not as if there's anything worth begging for on the streets of Arboleas .... unless the wife's doing the roundabouts again !!!!

How can I possible compete on his furtive intellectual level.
I know there are a few idiots in Arboleas ..... but this example of Exported British Expatriate abuses the privilege !!!

And we wonder why the Bars had to close !!!

lmj52

Quote from: Lynden on September 16, 2020, 17:29:57 PM
Funny how I didn’t mention Johnny but he assumed it was him being referred to. Don’t back pedal now IMJ your intent is never in doubt; your intellect and integrity perhaps, but never intent.

That’s why I just said it, you used the same excuse but apparently I can’t.ah well.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Lynden

Funny how I didn’t mention Johnny but he assumed it was him being referred to. Don’t back pedal now IMJ your intent is never in doubt; your intellect and integrity perhaps, but never intent.

lmj52

You’re very touchy Lynden, a bit of banter and you are so defensive.
I didn’t even mention you in the post about sixth sense, but you must have thought it was about you. If the cap fits as they say.
I can’t really have a discussion with a person pb who is a drunk street beggar.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Lynden

I’m with PB. I’ve been very nice, trying to make reasonable points and IMJ swings in with personal insults. Have I even mentioned you Johnny? No I didn’t think so, but you seem so paranoid. For a newbie you behave like an old hand. Which old hand is up for debate.

Piston Broke

Quote from: Johnny73 on September 16, 2020, 16:48:36 PM
And on it goes !!!  Lynden and two others accuse any new member that is not a brexit supporter of being someone else as they did with you Piston Broke last week.
Is your argument really that forlorn to resort to continued personal references. Eunochs ??? Are you lot all on wacky backy. ???
If you have to resort to personal insults then your argument is lost.
Lynden ,you are such a nice man as has been witnessed here so many times. Well done.

You're right Johnny !

Unfortunately, IMJ has a bit of form when it comes to answering questions !
But he is wrong !!!!
I know I spelt it incorrectly ..... but he does need to grow a pair !!!!

Now look what you've made me do !!!!

Johnny73

And on it goes !!!  Lynden and two others accuse any new member that is not a brexit supporter of being someone else as they did with you Piston Broke last week.
Is your argument really that forlorn to resort to continued personal references. Eunochs ??? Are you lot all on wacky backy. ???
If you have to resort to personal insults then your argument is lost.
Lynden ,you are such a nice man as has been witnessed here so many times. Well done.

lmj52

Quote from: Piston Broke on September 16, 2020, 16:41:09 PM
Quote from: lmj52 on September 16, 2020, 16:36:45 PM
I think it was proved that the video “evidence” was shown to be hearsay.

Think again IMJ ....... you really are a classic example of why Eunochs should be re-introduced in Spain !!!!!!

:laugh:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Piston Broke

Quote from: lmj52 on September 16, 2020, 16:36:45 PM

Think again IMJ ....... you really are a classic example of why Eunochs should be re-introduced in Spain !!!!!!

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Lynden

PB that sums it up very nicely.

Piston Broke

Lynden

I appreciate your comments.
This isn't the first time this has happened, but when you show evidence in:
a)    The form of a video.
b)    Ask a simple question as to what International Law has been breached
c)    Show supporting evidence as to how the UK has every right to introduce it's Internal Market Bill

and all three points are deliberately ignored, what conclusion do you come to ?
Certain people who made their money out of Brits in the UK, and then move to Spain now clearly taunt and despise their countrymen/women who are still working to ensure Pensions are paid.

There's no more to add really is there ????

Lynden

PB you are wasting your time with this little gang. They throw brickbats with no evidence and call it fact. They take a contra view to mainstream U.K. public opinion just to be contrary.
I have huge respect for what Roger attempted to do for Arboleans. However his politics have never been my cup of tea, and like you say, as a politician he should expect robust challenge to his opinion; after all that’s what it is, just an opinion.
I wish Cartron would come back, the new substitute isn’t up to the job 😀

Piston Broke

Quote from: Johnny73 on September 16, 2020, 14:12:48 PM
Piston Broke,I had a lot of respect for you and your previous opinions but the new thing now with some Brexiteers  now seems to be to insult other members rather than make a point in a reasonable manner.
Roger is a very well respected member of my community and I take exception to some of your outrageous if not nasty comments.
Your post should be deleted forthwith.
Mention of failed Politician and the Gym is beneath contempt.
Shame on you .
PS Roger isn't perfect and we have taken him to task for many things and his comments on Boris were harsh but that doesn't mean you and others need to make personal attacks on members.

Johnny

I'm sorry I seem to have offended you, but how is it correct for one individual to be slated  (without evidence) but when I present evidence people get upset.

As a former Politician I would have thought that Roger would have known the etiquette when talking about fellow Politicians.
I'm afraid his comments crossed the line. If he wants to talk like that, let him present some evidence and let people decide for themselves. That's the whole point of a debate!

There are numerous example's of Roger's comments being misleading ranging from the Padron through to Innovation 14 and these have been called out on this Forum, which is the whole point of this medium in the first place.

So again I'm sorry if I have upset you (it wasn't the intention) but if someone is going to talk so graphically they can't expect everyone to sit back and not respond in the same manner.

lmj52

Johnny, just ignore the stupid comments, most of them think they know everything but actually know very little, then when struggling just hurl abuse. Sad really.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

Piston Broke,I had a lot of respect for you and your previous opinions but the new thing now with some Brexiteers  now seems to be to insult other members rather than make a point in a reasonable manner.
Roger is a very well respected member of my community and I take exception to some of your outrageous if not nasty comments.
Your post should be deleted forthwith.
Mention of failed Politician and the Gym is beneath contempt.
Shame on you .
PS Roger isn't perfect and we have taken him to task for many things and his comments on Boris were harsh but that doesn't mean you and others need to make personal attacks on members.

Piston Broke

Quote from: Roger on September 16, 2020, 13:03:35 PM
The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom is a pathological liar and an embarrassment to the country.

He lied when he was a journalist, and was sacked.

He lied when he led the Leave campaign, that trade with the EU would not be affected and that the Irish border would not be a problem.

He lied as Prime Minister when he said he had an oven ready deal.

He lied when he said that the deal he signed would not require border checks, when in writing it said that it would.

He has lied again when he stated that the EU is planning to block all fresh food exports from the UK. What has in fact happened is that the EU have again asked for the protocol which the UK intends to follow on fresh food, and warned that if it does not receive it in time then exports could not be accepted.

He has repeated attacked the EU for be uncooperative in the trade negotiations.
In fact the EU has repeatedly asked the UK to publish its proposals for a trade deal, which we are all waiting for.

Everyone knows that whole Government is being dishonest about what it is doing about test and trace.
Government Ministers said months ago that there is a problem with test and trace.
It’s the same problem that is still there.
No country in Europe has got this right. But to lie about it???

Of course we know that Prime Ministers invariably do not answer a straight question.
But this Prime Minister is so incompetent that it is obvious he is waffling and talking about something totally different.
A total prat!

And there you have it ! ..... A failed Politician criticising and making observations with not a shred of evidence attached.
Roger you really need to do some homework and actually research his accusations.

https://youtu.be/OalBWUy2F5U       
This link is doing the rounds on You Tube ..... this is your Whiter than White Negotiator.

It is quite clear you do not have the slightest clue what is contained within the Withdrawal Agreement.
If you have, you will be able to tell everybody what International Law has been broken !!!
Although come to that, no-one in the UK Media seems to be able to either !!
Once you take the time to find out, you will find that either side has the ability to change terms of the Withdrawal Agreement.

I'll just reproduce Article 38 for you with regards to the UK's rights.

38   Parliamentary sovereignty
(1)   It is recognised that the Parliament of the United Kingdom is sovereign.
(2)   In particular, its sovereignty subsists notwithstandingâ€"
(a)   directly applicable or directly effective EU law continuing to be recognised and available in domestic law by virtue of section 1A or 1B of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (savings of existing law for the implementation period),
(b)   section 7A of that Act (other directly applicable or directly effective aspects of the withdrawal agreement),
(c)   section 7B of that Act (deemed direct applicability or direct effect in relation to the EEA EFTA separation agreement and the Swiss citizens’ rights agreement), and
(d)   section 7C of that Act (interpretation of law relating to the withdrawal agreement (other than the implementation period), the EEA EFTA separation agreement and the Swiss citizens’ rights agreement).
(3)   Accordingly, nothing in this Act derogates from the sovereignty of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.

It would appear therefore that the EU cannot impose taxes or tariffs or impose unnecessary paperwork to move goods within the UK.

Your comments about Track and Trace are equally pathetic.
I am currently in Quarantine having recently returned from Spain. Yesterday I received a call from someone confirming I had completed the necessary paperwork and again confirming the address on that form and Airline I had travelled with.

So when you have finished with your unfounded vitriol, I could remind people of some of your shortcomings. A certain Gym in Arboleas immediately springs to mind !!!!
When it comes to Pots and Kettles I'd think carefully next time !!!

For the record I sometimes think Boris is a Prat .... but on this occasion I believe he is doing what he is supposed to do under the British Constitution and in his Role as an MP.

Roger

The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom is a pathological liar and an embarrassment to the country.

He lied when he was a journalist, and was sacked.

He lied when he led the Leave campaign, that trade with the EU would not be affected and that the Irish border would not be a problem.

He lied as Prime Minister when he said he had an oven ready deal.

He lied when he said that the deal he signed would not require border checks, when in writing it said that it would.

He has lied again when he stated that the EU is planning to block all fresh food exports from the UK. What has in fact happened is that the EU have again asked for the protocol which the UK intends to follow on fresh food, and warned that if it does not receive it in time then exports could not be accepted.

He has repeated attacked the EU for be uncooperative in the trade negotiations.
In fact the EU has repeatedly asked the UK to publish its proposals for a trade deal, which we are all waiting for.

Everyone knows that whole Government is being dishonest about what it is doing about test and trace.
Government Ministers said months ago that there is a problem with test and trace.
It’s the same problem that is still there.
No country in Europe has got this right. But to lie about it???

Of course we know that Prime Ministers invariably do not answer a straight question.
But this Prime Minister is so incompetent that it is obvious he is waffling and talking about something totally different.
A total prat!

Johnny73

After I had said last week  how the first Trade deal with Japan worth 15 Billion to the UK was a great start on trade deals outside the EU , Hitachi have now pulled out of a deal worth 15---20 Billion to the UK so a shame so soon after the new trade deal.
On another note Barbados has followed Britain's resolve to safeguard its Sovereignty and are removing the Queen as head of State
Her Majesty's next meeting with Boris should be interesting.
On a better note no new cases in Arboleas for weeks now so that's the main thing.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-54158091

Piston Broke

Ok substitute EU for UK in Para 3.
I'm obviously getting caught up in all the excitement !!!!

Piston Broke

Quote from: webejamin on September 14, 2020, 19:56:52 PM
Been watching a bit of the parliament yatter on this internal markets bill thing :grin:
Godelpusansaveus :grin: is it any wonder Boris won the election :grin: Twats like Blackford and Miliband :grin: with Blair and Major behind em :grin: still trying to thwart Brexit ::)
They rant on about honour and looking after the British people :grin: and the lot of em screwed the working classes goodstyle.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe we're gonna get shafted, but these cowardly people are the only ones bringing shame to the people of the UK.

Bet there's a few on here feeling quite proud of em :grin:

You're bang on the mark there Webs !
Excellent contribution by Bill Cash and I was particularly impressed by Sammy Wilson (DUP) who dissected the fact how it was the EU who tried to change the Good Friday Agreement with a passionate and frankly unarguable speech.

But quite frankly, there are times how you wonder how some of these MP's get voted in.
The SNP are a one trick pony and have made no contribution apart from claiming Scotland have devolution powers taken from them as well as being inundated with chlorinated chicken ???? I thought it was an offence to lie to Parliament !

Plenty of examples of how the UK has breached the WA which don't appear to be of concern to Labour or SNP

All Labour contributors appear to be using the same speech. International Law breach. No reference to the consequences if the EU is allowed to dictate UK Internal Policy. At least explain some substance behind the argument so people can understand the position.
It's no wonder they are so out of touch with the general public.

It is very interesting than some of the dissenters are now saying that such measures should only be used as a last resort.
That would seem a valid reason for the Bill to be brought before the House in the first place .
I thought I would learn something from people whose main responsibility is to protect and safeguard the British people.
One side is all about capitulation .... No real argument .... it's embarrassing.

There have been better arguments on this Forum.

lmj52

Poor Boris, even Miliband wiped the floor with him. :grin:

Loved this comment.

A renaissance for Milliband indeed. Had he been as combative as this during his time as leader, who knows.

Trouble is, he was more or less ridiculed out of high office for not being up to it.

The fact then, that he tore Johnson a new backside - is quite the indictment on our great leader isn’t it?. Could a man be literally any worse at his job?

I yearn for the day that this charlatan of a Prime Minister- this guy who failed as a journalist because he told too many lies, this narcissistic, dangerous embarrassment - disappears from public life forever.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

webejamin

Been watching a bit of the parliament yatter on this internal markets bill thing :grin:
Godelpusansaveus :grin: is it any wonder Boris won the election :grin: Twats like Blackford and Miliband :grin: with Blair and Major behind em :grin: still trying to thwart Brexit ::)
They rant on about honour and looking after the British people :grin: and the lot of em screwed the working classes goodstyle.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe we're gonna get shafted, but these cowardly people are the only ones bringing shame to the people of the UK.

Bet there's a few on here feeling quite proud of em :grin:

byrney

"Music will be allowed from tomorrow in Arboleas restaurants  as we have all obeyed the " rule of law ". and no new cases recently."

Let's hope the same will apply to the sister town of Zurgena.  But I won't hold my breath.

Johnny73

Another Conservative MP Rehman Chisti     resigns before a discussion even begins . Geoffrey Cox lays into Boris .
5 former Prime Ministers urge Boris to pull back from the proposed Bill.
On a more serious note which will be of interest to all  Brixiteers  Music will be allowed from tomorrow in Arboleas restaurants  as we have all obeyed the " rule of law ". and no new cases recently.🎶🎶🎻🎹🎤

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Piston Broke

Quote from: Johnny73 on September 14, 2020, 10:41:52 AM
PBI understand your reasoning and to be honest  what will happen will happen.
Why   do we worry about it ??
Don't know anything about Pablo's but the Azabache Hotel and Hotel Overa  have  some acceptable Ciders.
We brought some rough cider in France last year and it would blow your mind.!!!
After a couple if glasses of that stuff no one  worries about Brexit or Agreements.😇😇

Johnny,

Fully agree with you regarding The "Aza". I look forward to visiting again on my next trip.
I know they look forward to seeing me when they present me with my bill for the evening !!!!
I must admit however, Angel and Ina are perfect hosts and deserve to be patronised (in the nicest possible way !)

I must admit to having a certain penchant for Cider and Perry and always recount my visit to Dawlish many moons ago.
I was on a bit of a pub crawl and found a Pub up quite high in the town which had a large barrel behind the Bar. Being the inquisitive type I enquired as to it's  contents. I was told it was local Scrumpy, but was a little concerned that when the "top lid" of the barrel was removed, it was sprayed with some form of oil. I was told that this prevented dust and other errant particles from entering. I had a "few" once I had acquired the taste .... but never thought a visit to the Gents would have such an effect.
Unfortunately, the Receptacles were accessed via an outdoor alleyway so the vibrant Devon air hit me both ways on my minor excursion from the Pub itself. I had severe trouble once I got back inside ... much to the amusement of the staff and regulars !!!
I agree French cider, (Normandy) is very rough. It varies in strength but like Beaujolais Nouveaux is bloody awful. It's not as dangerous as Scrumpy and should be reported to the Trades Description people. Yes I love everything French !!!

My personal preference is Henry Westons Oak Aged Vintage (volume 8.2%). Wetherspoons used to sell it in a Polypin a few years back. No wonder they invented Morris Dancing !!!!
It's interesting that Spain is developing different versions of Cider now. Once they get rid of the bubbles they could be onto something.

Sorry for drifting off Topic !

Johnny73

PBI understand your reasoning and to be honest  what will happen will happen.
Why   do we worry about it ??
Don't know anything about Pablo's but the Azabache Hotel and Hotel Overa  have  some acceptable Ciders.
We brought some rough cider in France last year and it would blow your mind.!!!
After a couple if glasses of that stuff no one  worries about Brexit or Agreements.😇😇

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on September 14, 2020, 09:37:06 AM
I personally just can't see what the fuss is all about at all. Its negotiation strategy and it will all come out in the wash. Just unable to get over excited by it all.. I'm retired and enjoying it..  :grin:  :grin:
With regard to Arboleas, I just don't frequent it :grin:

thing is Ang yer sorted Wales will be back in EU within the next 10 years as  an independant state .... :shocked:  however some of us will be still strapped to the English  Brexi   90 day euro muggles by accident of birth for ever.   :shocked: 

.....no doubt as we print there lining our Queen up for an old peoples home in Malta   :shocked:

so she carnt cause no grief on paperwork double deals & shuffles done in her name . :(

:wink:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Angleseyite

I personally just can't see what the fuss is all about at all. Its negotiation strategy and it will all come out in the wash. Just unable to get over excited by it all.. I'm retired and enjoying it..  :grin:  :grin:
With regard to Arboleas, I just don't frequent it :grin:

Piston Broke

Quote from: Johnny73 on September 14, 2020, 08:51:43 AM
What on earth has this to do with Inno 14  ???? Or for that mastter bars in Arboleas. .??
Its also nothing to do with Brits against Ex Pats either .
Not Cricket eh.??
Hopefully Boris gets bowled out later today and they go back to negotiating a reasonable deal  to partly suit everyone.
But if not then whatever happens  happens and the sun will still come up in January.
Now I'm off to see what they are up to in the village 😁😀

Johnny

i was referring to Tets earlier comments.
The Reference to Innovation 14 was merely that if someone signed documents in the knowledge that the other party would act in good faith, who would be deemed responsible (and liable) when one party interprets the agreement differently?

The answer to all these shenanigans is very simple and has been available from the start.
Both sides leave with a No Deal and trade on WTO rules.
They then agree to the GATT arrangements in Article 24 of the Rules.
This will give up to 10 years to then sort out a Trade Deal while dealing on zero tariffs or quotas.

Give me one good reason why this shouldn't be implemented ??

We all know it's all about brinkmanship ..... the EU has to justify it's existence and has to defeat competition and revolt.
It's going to be interesting how it will raise the finance for it's proposals on world markets, if markets see dissent within the ranks !

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your sojourn to the village, and can appreciate the fact that your fellow Arboleans are not restricted to groups of 6 or less. It's just a shame they don't sell scrumpy in Pablo's !!!

Johnny73

What on earth has this to do with Inno 14  ???? Or for that mastter bars in Arboleas. .??
Its also nothing to do with Brits against Ex Pats either .
Not Cricket eh.??
Hopefully Boris gets bowled out later today and they go back to negotiating a reasonable deal  to partly suit everyone.
But if not then whatever happens  happens and the sun will still come up in January.
Now I'm off to see what they are up to in the village 😁😀

Piston Broke

You've only got to go to some of the Bars in Arboleas to see the behaviour of the Brits.

Your political allegiances are getting in the way. I'm not sure why you keep referring to the Blue Rinse brigade ..... have you seen some of the colours of the British Barnet in Spain ????  i'm not sure where the "Double Dealing" comes in. The only other deals that are in discussion are legitimate (at the moment !!) Trade talks with other World Nations.

I think we can all agree it's not "Cricket" to change something after it's been "Agreed" but unfortunately it happens all the time. (The failed Iran Military Deal is just one example at the moment. Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe will be heartened no doubt !) There are many other examples around the world.

I will be watching the arguments with great interest today in Parliament for the second reading.

For the record my view is If it happens it happens ....... If it doesn't it doesn't !!!

Since I retired, I have acquired an unnatural interest for the way the Country is run via Parliament on Tv.
Sometimes I wish I could see the Rt Hon Member for Arboleas in battle with Boris !!!
Classic TV !!!!

Tetley

Quote from: Piston Broke on September 14, 2020, 08:05:11 AM
Good Morning Johnny

There is a minor technicality however,
Is the EU a Sovereign Parliament as recognised by the United Nations ?
Yes it is formed by 27 Sovereign States but the EU itself is an International Organisation. Therefore the Vienna Convention Treaty  may (or may not) have effect.

I am glad however that you believe an Englishmans word is sacrosanct, but in my previous post I referred to the fact that the UK is not guaranteed to be considered a "Third Country" by M'sieur Barnier, when he clearly stated in TV interviews this would be the case. (Donald Tusk's promise of a Free Trade Deal is another case.) If you are telling me never trust a Frenchman ..... I'm with you on that one ... I've got numerous examples on that one !!

It is clearly unconstitutional for the UK, but what would happen if the UK Parliament deemed Northern Ireland (or any specific ports of the UK) to be a Tax Free zone like Luxembourg. Think of the fun we could have then !

Just one final analogy.
I fully understand your arguments, but I would just ask you, What is your take on Innovation 14 and the unfortunate people who are involved. Do you think they should be punished because they (or their Representatives) didn't study the small print. It is the same argument you are making !!!

Happy debating

its nothing to do with ino 14 its abought the ERG Blue rince  Brexmaniacs...double dealing and making our Queen & country look like a right bunch on runts ....

good morning .

Piston Broke

Good Morning Johnny

There is a minor technicality however,
Is the EU a Sovereign Parliament as recognised by the United Nations ?
Yes it is formed by 27 Sovereign States but the EU itself is an International Organisation. Therefore the Vienna Convention Treaty  may (or may not) have effect.

I am glad however that you believe an Englishmans word is sacrosanct, but in my previous post I referred to the fact that the UK is not guaranteed to be considered a "Third Country" by M'sieur Barnier, when he clearly stated in TV interviews this would be the case. (Donald Tusk's promise of a Free Trade Deal is another case.) If you are telling me never trust a Frenchman ..... I'm with you on that one ... I've got numerous examples on that one !!

It is clearly unconstitutional for the UK, but what would happen if the UK Parliament deemed Northern Ireland (or any specific ports of the UK) to be a Tax Free zone like Luxembourg. Think of the fun we could have then !

Just one final analogy.
I fully understand your arguments, but I would just ask you, What is your take on Innovation 14 and the unfortunate people who are involved. Do you think they should be punished because they (or their Representatives) didn't study the small print. It is the same argument you are making !!!

Happy debating