Candidates running for Arboleas Mayor

Started by SKB, April 07, 2023, 09:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Well you have to give Rodney credit, he has certainly re energised the local politics up when he stood for mayor last time around

Looks like it's going to be a toe tapped  :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

freddie

I asked on Sunday where the Mayor posted the confirmation that these monies have to be paid, I have looked up hill and down dale to find it but can't find it, can someone please tell me where it is posted - is it on a bulletin at the town hall?

Dave S

Over the past I don't know how many months I raised the question of 3 (small) unfinished and unsightly jobs in Los Carrascos. 4 times with the Town Hall. (once with the Mayor) Anything done? Nada, Nothing. Its now 2 years. Still waiting. Who knows, miracles might happen before the election but I doubt it.

Roger

There is a public meeting in the museum on Friday at 8pm.

Turn up and find out what is happening.
I believe the lawyer will be present as well as Jose Juan Ramos.
A nice and popular guy.
I have had a meeting with him.
You might guess I will be supporting him as the only way to protect the interest of the British who have been ripped off by the system.

pinky

well what a terrible situation these poor people are in .

and this lot in the town hall want re-electing to stay on the gravy train.
  ah!ah!    :angry:  :angry:

Mark Daniel

If anyone has any doubt they can come into the Town hall and ask any questions they would like regarding the planning and Legalization process.

Tetley

Quote from: Edni on April 16, 2023, 16:25:15 PMRe planning charges/taxes through the "legalisation" procedure. What is hapenning now is what the AUAN warned of years ago.

correct

what a pity our local leading political British light did not supported the AUAN  and Maura,instead of been plastered all over the local press reeling against them ..... for political advantage.....in fact one of our local Brits has done more political party's than Peter String fellow .....

my advice

for the effected

we have a good lawyer on here with years of experience at the sharp end of the Arboleas/Albox planing vagaries 

Forget face book and forums and go and see Gerardo the AUAN lawyer,ie its his day job and he is trained and  professionally accredited.....and knows the Arboleas/Albox,Zugena planning situation inside out.

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Edni

Re planning charges/taxes through the "legalisation" procedure. What is hapenning now is what the AUAN warned of years ago.

Johnny73

Perhaps Mark Daniel would now like to comment . All very interesting before an election.

freddie

Where can we find this information Roger and also is this also relevant to mountain oaks illegal and AFO villas.

Roger

So the town hall has now published confirmation of what I have said, and what many have been told.

The document just published states that the segregation and urbanisation tax will be paid by the owner of the finca.

In the case of Los requenas this is the builder, Grayson.
HOWEVER
In the case of EVERY PROMAR CLIENT and EVERY PERSON WITH AN AFO they are the land owners.

This is exactly what many people have been told when they went to the town hall.
Now it's confirmed in writing.

In addition, the town hall peri documents it states that there will be a legalisation tax to be paid by the house owner.
It's 3% of the standardised construction cost.

Roger

The Mayor has already demanded that the clients have to pay before the projects can be started.
And many have.
That's a fact.
So why didn't he demand that the builders pay, when their contract with their clients say the builders are responsible.

No, he gave the bill to the clients.
And many clients have been told very clearly by the deputy mayor that they have to pay.
That's a fact.

Roger

Mark Daniels is paid by the arboleas mayor and is stated what the mayor has told him to publish.

My information comes from the AUAN planning lawyer.

Also at various meetings with residents the deputy mayor, Mike, told people  .. Forget the builders, they won't pay.

The FACT is that under the planning process the mayor is following there will be taxes imposed on the land and houses.
If the builders don't pay ( and we know they won't) who pays.
The debt stays on the property.

freddie

As one of the properties affected by the comments re the charge being levied to home owners. I love our village but am dismayed by being told we will have to pay it whether or not we have an AFO, which we do. We have been told on numerous occasions by a member of the mayor's team that this will have to be paid and if we don't pay then our villas will have an embargo put against those that don't pay.
It would be nice to be told the truth, these 300 properties are not just in Los requenas they are all over , la Perla, el rincon, etc etc. What happens to the people who purchased properties here on contracts with builders, the original owners long gone, who pays the piper, does these new owners even know they this charge is going to be levied.
Very worrying time for people who are desperate to sell and go back due to ill health, age etc when things like this pop up in a local forum

I respect our Mayor and hope he will publish the truth on here.

Johnny73

I didn't mention or refer to the  Albox Mayor Gingernut.???

gingernut

What the he'll has the ALBOX mayor Got to do with ARBOLEAS?

Johnny73

###The Mayor is registering the clients as the developer, not the builder.
This means that the taxes which the builder did not pay, and which they should be held accountable for, will be handed to the clients.
And this applies to EVERY one of the 300 houses, whether they have obtained an AFO or not.
The debt will be levied against the property by the Town Hall ##

So Mark , is this correct or not ??
Simple yes or no would be nice.

Mark Daniel

As Certain ex-councillors like to distort the truth with thier own ego, I would just like to clarify that if Certain Builders comply with regulations then the clients won't have to pay anything.

Have a look in the Cuenta de Liquidación section 0.00.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on April 15, 2023, 13:42:12 PMSo on the basis of your conversations with a representative sample of the 1700 registered voters you are sure the result will be clear enough that a few hundred undecided voters will not make a difference.

So please share your prediction.

Rog , I  have consulted mi Magic acorns :shocked:  and there is a definite majority in favor  to one of the party's locally at the moment and the Magic Acorns normally have it bang on  :afro:  cant say anymore as it could effect the voting and i dont want mi Acorns effecting local voting results /democracy.

afternoon Ang & all  :))

Angleseyite

Quote from: Tetley on April 15, 2023, 13:05:26 PMRog it aint going to matter what you print,coz its all been said before since 2008 onward,s

the folks i have talked to local with a vote have already made up there minds who they are voting for .....so i would think....

its done all baring the cross in the box on the Sunday at the school.

lets see were we end up in June 2023.

Another great Tetism,  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Roger

So on the basis of your conversations with a representative sample of the 1700 registered voters you are sure the result will be clear enough that a few hundred undecided voters will not make a difference.

So please share your prediction.

Tetley

Rog it aint going to matter what you print,coz its all been said before since 2008 onward,s

the folks i have talked to local with a vote have already made up there minds who they are voting for .....so i would think....

its done all baring the cross in the box on the Sunday at the school.

lets see were we end up in June 2023.

Johnny73

Probably time for a change and will be interesting to see what comes to light with a new administration.
Could be a few skeletons in a few cupboards.!!
Great work done on upgrading the village over the years but not great in some other serious matters.
I'm sure the builders and developers will get friendly with a new Mayor in no time.😉
Will a new broom sweep clean ?? Probably not.

Roger

It's not about a political label.
It's about keeping promises.
The current Mayor has broken the promise he made to the British residents when he was elected.

After 12 years in
power he has lost the trust of the people, both British and Spanish.
Too much power breeds contempt for the needs of the people.

steveconway24

Im struggling as a non arboleas resident.
 Roger, massive POSE fan and councilor, (just look at his 2012 posts) but appears he is now trying to destroy them.
In a a way, I agree with Rog, vote PP, Junta and parliament of Andalucia are now run by the PP, so makes sense.
Rog, post a bit of clarification for the voters please

Roger

I understand that the court case concerns the accident in the crystal caves in Los Higuerales.
One worker died.
The second seriously injured.
Rumour is that the investigators have asked the town hall for documents about the project, without success.

Roger

Rumours around the town.
A split in the Psoe locally.
Plus a court case pending.

lmj52

As Roger said...
The Mayor is registering the clients as the developer, not the builder.
This means that the taxes which the builder did not pay, and which they should be held accountable for, will be handed to the clients.

Spot on, they tried it on with us in Partaloa, our solicitor got it changed. This was 2005.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Roger

The pp are presenting their candidate in the museum on Friday 21st April.
8pm

Roger

Mike has told people that this is what they will have to pay.
He has also confirmed this forum.
The fact is that it's the Mayor's decision to proceed in this way.

Johnny73

That's a serious allegation Roger but one presumes you know this to be a fact with proof or you wouldn't have said that on an open forum.
If it is true it's whole new can of worms.
Time will reveal all I guess.
Can't wait for Mike's reply.

Roger

Everyone will have their own reasons for how they vote.

For me the big issue is one I have been trying to help people with for the past 6 years, since I was no longer Deputy Mayor.
It is the issue of the 300 illegal houses.

The Mayor made a promise in 2011, 2015 and 2019.
He has not fulfilled that promise.
NOT ONE of these 300 houses have obtained their escritura from the Town Hall.
Many have spent money getting an AFO Certificate in order to get their escritura.

BUT THE BIG ISSUE is one which the Mayor has never told people about, but which I am assured by lawyers is the fact.
The Mayor is registering the clients as the developer, not the builder.
And this applies to EVERY one of the 300 houses, whether they have obtained an AFO or not.
The debt will be levied against the property by the Town Hall.
It is a tax payable to the Town Hall,  and also includes the cost of missing infrastructure, including street lights.

It is not a trivial amount.
Around 10,000 euros, in some cases as much as 20,000 euros.

This is against the promises made at previous elections.
AND IT IS GROSSLY UNFAIR.

Roger

Byrney
This is about Arboleas, and you live in Zurgena.
So this topic is of no interest to you, so just ignore it.

As for purdah.
This applies to starting the official campaign, such as public meetings and posters.
As a non participant in this election I and others have a right to comment on the issues.
We are not in a dictatorship.
The PP in Arboleas announced the candidate for Mayor months ago, and the PP in Arboleas has been campaigning in the Spanish media and the internet for months.

byrney

In Spain, prior to an election, does "Purdah" come into force?

Ie. No mention of politics up to the election?

Can't wait for it to come into force on here coz I'm already fed up of it - and, yes, I do scroll on!

gus-lopez

Quote from: Tetley on April 09, 2023, 07:53:33 AMMurcia,s old political Prison ,built for 100,s housed 1000,s peer through the cracks in the main gates next time your all Murcia downtown ,its certainly gives the history Gravity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJDe1Sl9TfY

Is that from the inside or the outside? :grin: