dell lap top

Started by anna june, March 15, 2013, 11:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharon

Hi there,

I purchased my Dell laptop from Amazon UK, and had it delivered free over to Spain.

Sharon  :)
Sharon Baldwin ( married to Colin Baldwin , Cool Solutions)

ADVANCE Digital

Anyone wanting instructions on changing Windows 8 to English as DieSse has described send me a PM or email and I'll send you a document with the instructions on how to do it.

DieSse

Be aware that if you buy a computer with Windows 8 in Spanish, there is an official, free, Microsoft download which will change it to English. This does not apply to Windows 7, and there are still some Windows 7 systems "in the pipeline".

Beware of anyone who says they will change a Windows 7 system to English for you - in my experience they are usually using something "dodgy in one way or another. There is a way of doing so, but it's expensive. The Windows 8 way is simple, free, and totally official, and cannot affect your warranty.

anna june

thank you all for your replys    I have just tried dell for delivery in spain
they state sorry they wont deliver here.   so im of to albox to price them.      but cheers  x x  :wave

Karen4

I ordered mine from Dell UK to my specifications, it was delivered here at no extra cost.
Cl3880

abba

Hi, I bought a Dell Laptop from dell.es a couple of years ago, I spoke on-line to an advisor and asked if I could have windows 7 in English but with a Spanish keyboard (so the children can use it for school etc...) laptop was delivered by DHL within 7 days of order absolutely no problems at all!

guest4538

Quote from: MadreMia on March 16, 2013, 20:18:57 PM
Hi u cannot buy a dell from any shop 

Yes you can: Argos and PCWorld to name just two stores in the UK! And Anna says Carrefour-Spain does, but I have no knowledge of that.

Bear in mind that if you buy from Dell in Spain, the Windows operating system will likely be in Spanish.

MadreMia

Hi u cannot buy a dell from any shop

as they sell direct only from their web site. I worked in london for an IT recuitment agency for many years and would only use dell computers.

anna june

Hello  Im looking for a dell lap top.  does any one know where i can find a shop that sells one.
i know carefour does sell them. but it is so far.  cheers