Butane Gas Bottles

Started by Big Bad John, December 16, 2013, 11:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgin

There seems to be some confusion here.  Repsol Orange bottles are Butane (butano).  Orange bottles with a black stripe/ring round them are Propane. If using CEPSA bottles both butane and propane are in silver bottles (albeit large bottles are blue) but the bottles are different.

More details on the CEPSA bottles can be found at http://www.cepsa.com/cepsa/Que_ofrecemos/Gas_Butano_y_propano/Productos/Gas_envasado/

Big Bad John

:police: Suffolkpunch. I would say that almost certainly your central heating should be on Propane which are always orange cylinders. My central heating is run on 3x47kg large orange cylinders with 3 more on a changeover valve. Up till now I have been talking about small portable gas fires and appliances.  :cheesy:
BigBadJohn.

Queen Clare Shirley

Orange bottles can be both propane or butane. It states on the propane bottles
Silver has the same options. The regulator are very similar and are both press on
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

suffolkpunch

Its our main house boiler, its a Junckers. Had hot water until this cold snap, now very warm but not hot. Butane is probably not vaporizing. Are orange bottles Propane. Will check whether boiler can be on Propane.. Thanks

Big Bad John

:police: Suffolkpunch, Not sure, but the important thing is check if your appliance should run on Propane or Butane? If you are using the wrong gas it could explain why you are not getting the right pressure? It would appear that you could be using Butane instead of Propane? They are different gases and you cannot and must not run an appliance on the wrong gas. Propane is at a higher pressure and burns very much hotter. I think that you will find that you cannot even connect to the wrong type of cylinder. Propane have a clip on valve and Butane have a screw on valve. As far as I know there are not too many Butane portable appliances about now? That is probably why I am having difficulty getting one? , it is very important that you get your appliance checked to see what gas you should be using? Has it got a clip on or screw on valve? If you didn't buy it new perhaps the previous owner very wrongly and stupidly changed the valve? Looking at the weather forecast the 'long johns' are definately coming out!!! Happy Christmas.  :(
BigBadJohn.

suffolkpunch

Are the silver bottles Butane ? and the orange bottles Propane?
I'm having problems with silver bottles, not producing enough gas pressure to heat water.
Will the orange bottles be better ?

Regular nut 🥜

The place next to the vets in huercal overa near the little square opposite the petrol station next to where you pay car tax did them last year, but expensive for such a small thing.

kazhaynes

Have you tried the place opposite Mora Oil, sorry can't remember the name.

I now they have orange, butano and propano.  Might be worth trying next time you drive past.

Big Bad John

:police:  Could someone help please? I have a portable gas fire that runs on the small blue Butane bottles which have a top screw connection. The one I have ran out last night. I have been able to exchange at BP Albox but they had none this morning, also tried Longo and practicaly every ferretia I know to no avail. I got the impression from Longo that they were not doing them anymore? Can someone please let me know of anywhere else that I might get an exchange? There are plenty of places do the orange Propane cylinders but nor many Butane?. If not, out will come the long johns!!! Thanks  :)
BigBadJohn.