Getting married here (not gib) info wanted

Started by swithin, June 19, 2014, 12:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicdonna

You will need to have been on your town's Padron for two years before you can get married. They don't tell you this at first!

Donna

swithin

Yes we forming the same opinion, I bet it would not be so difficult in a third world county? So why is it here?

andylife

Tried to get married in spain,, very hard to do even if you have residencia,, worked out about 700 euros to just translate the paper work and obtain the correct paper work. Then you have to put your request on a board for over a month to see if anyone objects to you getting married.. we got married in gib then had a wonderful blessing at a place in Taberno.

foxbat

Yes we had to make sure it was as well, correct stamp etc... Cat services understood & it was delivered... Mexico are very strict so we had to ensure it was correct, it was a long way to go & find out it was wrong.. Lol
I am sure that they will make sure everything is ok, just go in & have a chat with them, they do their best to help.

swithin

Thank you. It has to be a government approved translation service for spain I have been advised?

foxbat

Hi, we used cat services in alfoquia to translate our sons uk documents into Spanish to get married in Mexico last year, they were really helpful and reasonably priced.
Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

swithin

Hi have bee to local town hall this morning to ask about getting married at town hall. They have told me it would be 5/6 months wait for date! Does any one know if this can be done quickly without going to Gibraltar, and if it is possible to we'd at home for instance? Also where to get the uk documents officially translated for this?

Any help would be appreciated
Swithin