Strat Vs Les Paul

Started by twojaysalmeria, July 30, 2018, 12:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

the secrate for both guitars is

stick a humbucker in the bridge on the strat with a coil split switch

les paul,use a coil splitter on the bridge and reverse the pole on the humbucker neck pick up

both these mods give loads of tone variations

also the cheap chinese ply wood 50 quid jobs give a nice thin tone

the heavy vintage type copy gives a nice deep sustained sound.

also the tone caps give diffrent variations

also now you can get an acuistic bridge for both guitars with an on board pre amp wich gives another nice tone variation

this is a 50e strat copy guitar i knocked up in the shed,i stuck a humbucker in the brige the other 2 pick ups are just standard china man factory 7 ohm jobs.

as for the neck,s and frets this is personal choice of feel,i wax polish all my lads guitar necks for the flow speed

the other main thing here is locking tuners so they hold tune and steel shimmed strat briges ie so they work steel on steel and not steel on wood

all these small mods turn cheap 50 quid guitars into real gigg playing guitars and if it gets nocked over or some siily basket trips over it in the dark no body throws the toys out of the pram and goes home wi a monk on.... :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMkGjGs4Mhw

also the les paul copy in the freebird clip i posted,ie a 36 quid columbus made in japan les paul plywood bodyjob ,but its fitted with USA Gibson Bustbucker pick ups and orange sprag tone caps,the full job was probably 200 quid to rig up.

however for us its all abought amps,you can have the best guitar in the world stick it through a crap amp and it will sound like 50e worth,however you can get a 50e guitar stick it through a marshall 4 x12 with fender or marshal valve head and it will sound like 5k,s worth or guitar.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

twojaysalmeria

Don't know if you guys are familiar with Mr Beato but I quite enjoy his YouTube vids. Here's one where the pros and cons of two of the most iconic guitars are discussed in some detail. Very enlightening...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7TUaHlkp4M

J