Hitachi Fridge Freezer not working - SORTED NOW

Started by Rita, June 30, 2013, 12:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ES

I had the same problem with a fridge.  The only person I found on searching the forum was Antonio who used to work for El Curro just up from the back of Mercadonna.  He came and checked it out, said motor/compressor was kaput, it was running continuously and really hot.  Basically the cost for new compressor then gassing and his labour would be about 150€ and better to buy new fridge, he guessed about 180€. 
His no is 607 230 484, he is a pleasant chap, speaks enough english for any non spanish speakers and he charged me 20€ which I feel is fair. He also asked from where I got his number, so I told him the Arboleas Community Forum Internet.  I feel it also pays to let the spanish workforce know that the expats are all connected and that good (or bad) service gets out there.
ES

Rita

Hi there all, I have a Hitachi fridge freezer humming merrily away but not getting cold.  Does anyone know of a fridge repairer at a reasonable price (who speaks English) ?  I live in Los Requenas approx. 15 mins from Arboleas.

Many thanks in advance