Main Menu

Boxing

Started by Johnny73, May 01, 2022, 11:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny73

Both girls have been Professional for years.   There was very little friendly in that match. And yes Lynne it's a pretty savage sport but that's their choice .

Pedro-Domingo

I watched it live and it was pretty good for a couple of amateurs who seemed to be best friends after the event. Suppose the money and hyping up the crowd played a big part too 🤪

Angleseyite

I guess it's all down to freedom of choice Lynne...

Lynne

Just because people do it, doesn't necessarily make it right, it's just that they've been doing it for years and sometimes it takes that long for some people to realise the damage that's being done.  I don't see how you can learn how to live a better life by punching the hell out of one another. Heading the ball is down to the player and only injures themselves.  I'm not talking about accidents that happen all the time like falling off a bike, I'm talking about people purposely beating somebody around the head until they're bleeding and swollen whilst being cheered on by equally sad people - surely even you must admit that it's moronic.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Johnny73

Gosh Lynne, where do you draw the line.??  Thousands of kids in thousands of cities in the US , UK and South America etc were taken out of a life of crime on the streets to join boxing clubs and learn how to live a better life .  Rugby is now a bigger injury threat and Soccor heading of the ball will soon be banned by those who never participated in anything beyond the hop skip and  jump.
Lets all stay home and be ultra safe.
Hope its ok to get on the bike in the morning. 😄😄
PS.  Dont ever watch cage fighting .

Angleseyite

If you stopped all sport etc where you might pick up an injury, you'd be left with tiddly winks :grin: :grin:

Lynne

Yes, well done for punching the hell out of each other and leaving your opponent battered and bruised. Well done to all the other boxers who think it's OK to bash each other about the head and think that's good.  This so-called 'sport' should be banned. Would you allow your daughter/son to be brutally beaten in the name of 'sport'?
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Johnny73

Watched one of the best fights in years last night.
The Irish girl Katie Taylor retained her world titles against a fab fighter and big hitter Amanda Serrano.
Rematch to attract 70000 spectators in Dublin.
They got a well deserved one million each last nite and worth every penny.
Rock on girls.