Property Insurance recommendation needed

Started by snagglepuss, August 08, 2013, 07:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagglepuss

nanainspain

Hi - we use Stay sure over 50's  they speak English in the Spanish office and were fairly quick at paying our claim last September after the floods.

CT

We've had our property insurance through Cajamar for years, never had a problem.

hanrattm

I had been informed (correctly or incorrectly) that only Spanish companies pay into the consortium.  If this information was incorrect then I apologise.  And my intention was to be helpful and not self promoting, especially given that the company I was referring to (which I shall obviously not mention again) is not MY company anyway nor do I get any profit from recommending them.

M x

felipe

hanrattm's post has been removed for providing incorrect information as well as self promoting their business.  It is not right that a business puts incorrect information on the forum that may be to the detriment of another similar business.

Karen4

Hold on a minute, where did hanrattm's post go to?! Makes my reply to it look very odd and out of place!
Cl3880

Karen4

I have just found out that Ibex do indeed pay into the Consorcio, as do all insurance companies operating in Spain.
Cl3880

Karen4

Maureen what does "Ibex do not" mean?  Do you just mean they don't pay into the consortium or do you mean they don't pay out in case of flooding etc? Is it only insurance companies who pay into the consortium who will actually cover your property for such events? Or, do other companies just pay out individually anyway?
Cl3880

felipe

Try Ibex in Albox. They are on the corner of the mad crossroads. Bernie is English.

snagglepuss

I've searched the forum for recommendations on home insurance, but have not found recent postings. Can anyone give me any input on a good company to go with?
This is not for a new build, and I am not dealing with the issue of an illegal property.
I do need an English speaking agent, as well as policy documents provided in English.

Thanks in advance for your help!