BBC / ITV etc HD channels

Started by JUD, April 25, 2024, 09:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADVANCE Digital

Quote from: Elgin on April 26, 2024, 09:58:36 AMI have found that the only BBC channels I can get at this time of year are BBC1 HD Yorksire (954) and BBC2 HD Northern Ireland (969) but in the winter months the standard BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD worked.  Can't find any BBC SD channels at all.

All BBC SD channels were closed some weeks ago. More recently ITV 3 & 4 SD were closed, but ITV 1 and 2 are still available in SD for the moment anyway, but are likely to go. The time shifted +1 are still also there in SD for ITV channels.

shadeseeker

Elgin, I  use these channels  954 and 969 too  :angel:
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

Elgin

I have found that the only BBC channels I can get at this time of year are BBC1 HD Yorksire (954) and BBC2 HD Northern Ireland (969) but in the winter months the standard BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD worked.  Can't find any BBC SD channels at all.

Gooners

4k firestick and iptv, I used mine this week, through a basic 4g router

JUD

OOPS, sorry guys , its much bigger , around 2m and a bit , he changed it when the bbc foot print changed .

Penhallow

Quote from: JUD on April 25, 2024, 18:35:50 PMThanks for the info , most useful. My sat dish is very large , I  think 1.2 m , fitted by Gary some time ago, so I may buy a cheap second hand box for the time being.
Thanks again
Very Large ! That size is only useful for a barby , they were obsolete years ago , you need at least a 1.9 but 2.4 would be a lot better , also why use a dish when a good internet connection and an IPTV provider will be superior .

JohnPower

I don't think you can receive HD channels, that are on the UK beam, with just a 1.2m dish. You'll need at least a 1.9m dish...

JUD

Thanks for the info , most useful. My sat dish is very large , I  think 1.2 m , fitted by Gary some time ago, so I may buy a cheap second hand box for the time being.
Thanks again

JohnPower

The SD ITV channels are going soon, so you'll need an HD box to receive any BBC or ITV programme from satellite transmissions. That's fine for receivers in the UK but you'll always be struggling to receive these programmes in Spain.

"Freely" is coming later this year. That will provide all current UK Freesat and UK Freeview live programmes and on-demand services free via the Internet. Ultimately Freesat will stop broadcasting.

So my recommendation is to concentrate on getting a reliable and fast internet connection and SmartDNS.

ADVANCE Digital

Yes, BUT these channels have a weak signal and getting weaker this time of year so depending on your dish size and alignment etc they maybe intermittent or not at all until the stronger signal later this year.
With BBC HD some regions are better than others.
ITV 1 HD can be the worst but for the moment the SD channel is still there as is ITV2.

JUD

My old SKy box is not HD so Obviously I can't the HD channels .  I only use it as a back up ( via sat dish ) if the internet is down.
Before I spend some money, Is it just a case of buying a second hand HD box to get those channels.
Thanks