Leather sofas

Started by Boycey, June 30, 2013, 12:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gus-lopez

Quote from: beemer on July 02, 2013, 01:05:25 AM
We bought some in uk many years ago and they've been excellent both in uk and here in Spain ,try looking on Thomas Lloyd website ,I think it's worth buying them from Wales and having them shipped out here.Ours are ageing nicely and so comfortable.

Got mine from there in '89.

beemer

We bought some in uk many years ago and they've been excellent both in uk and here in Spain ,try looking on Thomas Lloyd website ,I think it's worth buying them from Wales and having them shipped out here.Ours are ageing nicely and so comfortable.

laurence24

Hi, we had 2 leather chesterfields, NEVER AGAIN.

We stuck to them like glue in summer, and they were cold in winter, I cannot understand why ANYONE wants leather, thats why you will get them second hand,

we now have fabric, SO much better on the skin

Go to AA Auctions, they are fantastic, will help you get what you want

Trucker

Hello Leslie and Pete, can only inform from past experience..promised it was top quality and all leather...Colin and Jill (Colin the card) were lucky enough to see when being delivered they had lied to them too....you need to look on the internet to see the varying classes of so called leather...we thought we had this covered...second mistake in association to Spain... :head

Lesley and Pete

Quote from: Trucker on June 30, 2013, 13:41:30 PM
And that is where we bought our load of rubbish from (Koala)...€2400 seven years ago..binned after six years and the settee had only been sat on for two weeks a year when family was here and odd evening with friends.

Todo Piel?....sí cuero total tendrá una duración de muchos años....what a load load of b#####s

Sorry Trucker, but ours are fine and regularly used - had them about 4 years so far.

serenity

DFS are in Spain.  Do not have leather furniture, but they advertise enough in the UK.

Cielos

Ewwww leather sofas in 30 plus degrees.....

I would also echo Trucker and suggest you source from the UK as so many people we know have bought "leather" sofas in Spain with dire results

sheilsoft

El Cortes Ingles do good leather sofas, not cheap, but good quality, delivery and after sales

cliveandkaren

Worth a look in at El Pinar, on the main road heading to Albox. They are near the semaphore traffic lights. Left hand side.

Jolyne is very helpful, nice range of oak funiture

Trucker

And that is where we bought our load of rubbish from (Koala)...€2400 seven years ago..binned after six years and the settee had only been sat on for two weeks a year when family was here and odd evening with friends.

Todo Piel?....sí cuero total tendrá una duración de muchos años....what a load load of b#####s

jill cockfield

Yes Trucker as you know we fell victim to a leather suite that was 2/3 plastic when it was delivered! We sent it back. That was 18 months ago and we are still looking for a decent 100% leather one! Ours was from Koala too.

Lesley and Pete

We got our recliners from Koala on Poligono Real, at Antas.  They were willing to 'negotiate' on the price, including delivery and obtained exactly the colour and quality of leather we wanted, (they were to match existing sofas brought from the UK).  Maybe not the cheapest source, but when one of the chairs had a problem, they came and collected it, took it to the factory and sorted out the problem for no additional cost.

Lesley

Trucker

Just be very wary buying leather from Spanish shops, they will swear and declare they are total leather and they wont be, plus they sell leather that is sprayed to make look same colour all over and that will peel off, the none leather material will also disintegrate in about five years...how do I know this..I bought what was top quality to last us years.....6 years we bin it...recommend you get one in England and ship over, at least you will know what you buying..ish..

I wish we had the internet when we moved here and had the forum for info...would have saved us thousands. 

annef

Hi - we bought a very reasonably priced, good quality leather suite from the Spanish furniture & tile shop opposite the Bowling Alley in Arboleas - just repainted red.  They will deliver & remove old furniture if not required.    :tiphat:

King saint 76

Why have you not asked Dereck Trotter  :)

There are a couple of furniture places still trading on the Antas Industrial estate

Derick Oldfield

Have a look in AA Auctions @ Longo's, they may have just what you are looking for

Boycey

Can anyone tell me where i can buy reasonably prices leather sofas?