Selling second hand stuff

Started by antatoo, January 26, 2024, 12:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antatoo

Has anyone had experience of selling with Location Auctions recently? Just wondered as there doesn't seem to be anything on their Facebook page about how it works 🤔

Talldude

When we sold up and downsized we had to get rid of many items of furniture. We had 3 x leather seater sofas, a 3 seater leather sofa, a leather recling chair, an oak extending dining table and 4 chairs, oak corner tables, coffee table and oak glass display cabinet, a king size storage bed 4 x IKEA bedside tables, 2 x IKEA chest of drawers and a glass topped external dining table with 4 reclining chairs. One of the companies mentioned above offered us 400 Euros for the lot! Needless to say we told them where to go. We gave many items to MACS cancer charity in Albox and a lot to friends. It was a heartwarming experience to do so and not let those leeches have it for virtually nothing, so I can recommend it wholeheartedly.

tandas

On Mojacar sea front near the Red Cross roundabout there is a secondhand (Items for sale Mojacar)shop that sells stuff for you for a fee and hold the money until you collect it.  I believe they also do a collection service for larger items. tele 694 439 275.
or the Attic in Cucador or the Pink House La Conception buy stuff.

lmj52

There's a place other side of the road from Longos
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

antatoo

Hi, does anyone know the best place to take second hand things to sell? We haven't got time for trying to sell individual things on here or other sites as we have a lot of things and not much time before we go back to the UK again. We were going to take it to the place next to Longos but it doesn't seem to be open. I know there is Location Auctions who charge €1 per item which we don't mind, but someone told us they put it in every auction afterwards if it doesn't sell and charge €1 every time. We did sell with them years ago but it seems to have changed since then. We need somewhere that will sell for us & hang onto the money for a couple of months really. Any ideas?