Previous topic - Next topic

Angieh

Super and so to the point. Thank you for the giggle

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

steveconway24

This needs closing down now before Oxfam are all over it....
"Dave and Barbara, expats in Spain, have to walk over 25 metres to the bottom of the driveway of their 3 bed villa and private pool, just to get clean drinking water. ....
From just £5 a month, you can help..
£5 a month will help towards their diesel bill for their 4x4 to allow them to get to the nearest supermarket, over 1km away, to enable them to buy their own, safe bottled water.....

Tetley

Well I just hope the local beer is ok  8)  ,last thing we need now ,is a local  beer crisis ::) ,and having to wait in every second Wednesday for the Town Hall  emergency   Beer Truck.....to arrive  :)) 
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Penhallow

Dunno , But Guinness is good for you !!

Johnny73

Where does the water in the beer come from.??
Tap, bottle or spring.
Obviously not Arboleas 😉

lmj52

Beer is rich in soluble fiber, which can help control blood sugar levels. Additionally, beer contains antioxidants and minerals like magnesium, which can improve insulin sensitivity, contributing to a lower diabetes risk.. :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

jusjac

Really it's all a load of bo--cks
There can be only one

steveconway24

Tetley

could be something in all the plastics and micro whatzitts ... ::)

i used to drink 7 pints of beer a week and reduced it to 3 pints and drunk 4 pints of water.....

result 

shingles for 5 weeks ,felt like id had a night out wi Mike tyson and forgot mi wallet and he got the ump   :shocked:   :afro:

so my advice 

boil all water before consumption of drinkin

drink plenty of yorkshire or tetleys tea 

and at least 7 pints of beer a week or 7 glasses of nice wine 

just to be on the safe side  :cheesy:

Rod

Those of you who think that bottled water is better for you ought to read this article which contains the words "The researchers found that, on average, a liter of bottled water included about 240,000 tiny pieces of plastic. About 90% of these plastic fragments were nanoplastics. This total was 10 to 100 times more plastic particles than seen in earlier studies, which mostly focused on larger microplastics".

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/plastic-particles-bottled-water#:~:text=The%20researchers%20found%20that%2C%20on,mostly%20focused%20on%20larger%20microplastics.

Johnny73

Tap water will be perfect for your new trees Tetley.😅🌳🍀
Full of countryside nutrients. 😉

Tetley

careful Phil you, will end up with water Russel,ers  up there  :))

felipe

Have to say that here in Limaria never had a major issue. Use tap water for cooking and tea and coffee. Don't get limescale in the kettle. Taps still flow freely after 19 years.  No filters either.

Roger

The water in Arboleas has never been fit to drink.
Not just the current issue at the top of Arroyo Aceituna.
The pipes are sub standard and always leaking, sucking in muck.
My filter goes brown within a few days.
And with many houses still having pozo negros there is a real health issues.
That's why all the supermarkets are stacked full of bottled water.
The current problem is nothing new.

Tetley

Well im just going to carry on putting a drop of water softner in mi Tea ,keep mi pipes clear  :))

im just amazed with all our newly arrived" Arboleas on the nett internet advisors" that no body mentioned the tap  waters shxte  :cheesy:

anyway dears lets start the day with a bit of Prince flush all them water blues away (wile waiting for water man  8) )

purple rain (gifted lad this one )  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvnYmWpD_T8

must dash ive got to get slow cooker on and get mi veg in (lidl water )  :afro:

Malcolm

No issues Angie, he told me they may make it Wednesday and we have always bought water for 19yrs but I suspect that as the th are blaming each other we would not be arguing about water on this platform

Rod

When I had the reverse osmosis system I diverted the outflow pipe to a barrel and used it to water the garden.

SallyW

Tetley, I don't know what stripping a boiler means, but I changed the boiler for an electronic one maybe about 10 years ago.  That wasn't because of calcium buildup, but because it uses a lot less gas.  I have never drunk the tap water, only Lanjarón bottled, but will be taking advantage of the free water as long as they are coming round with it. 😀

Angieh

Actually he's going to come twice a week. But if you've never drank or cooked with the water from the tap and have purchased the bottled stuff it's not an issue, or is it ?

Malcolm

Far as I can see it's the same awful water we have had since God was a boy but now a nice man comes to my door and gives me free drinking water and he is going to come every week. Love it.

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

steveconway24

steveconway24

Sorry Shadeseeker, but considering the drought the region is currently in, installing a system that creates 75% waste water seems a tad crazy.
 The recent bando is related to low water tables
If everyone hot arecerse osmosis system, pretty soon we would all have to buy water in because there'd be nothing left to come out of the taps.

shadeseeker

The Reverse Osmosis system is nothing like the single,
double or treble  filters that are inline.
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

shadeseeker

Invest in a REVERSE OSMOSIS SYSTEM.  That will enable you to drink the water safely. If you are not sure, Google  it and it will explain how it works
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

steveconway24

Lanjaròn. J doesn't work on laptop.😉

steveconway24

I had a kidney stone, the docs said then to only drink bottled water, but not the cheap, supermarkets brand, get Langarón.
I use the supermarket cheap 8 litres for cooking, brews and the coffee machine and for drinking, only Langarón.
I don't think there is a domestic filter system on the market that would ever make me consider drinking the tap water.

Angleseyite

Tets I remember trichloroethylene as a degreasing solvent and as the fluid using with frozen Co² for shrink fitting of components, but I also remember some of the much older guys using trick to clean their hands and then eating sandwiches etc without further washing in soap and water, I thought they were bonkers even at my young age.  :shocked:  :shocked:

Penhallow

Tetley

Leighton ,many moons ago the local medics and docs used to say no tap water ,so it does make you wonder about the stones.

i worked in industry everything i ever worked with was all perfectly ok ....according to the company safety manger,s  ,.........ie benzine, Trichloroethylene, ,toluene,acetone  ..... in the 1970,s and 80,s we used to get washed in it ,pre internet ..... the rest as they say is history  :lipsrsealed: