Water Isolating Valve 15mm

Started by Spectrum, March 19, 2023, 10:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penhallow

Just buy the normal valve here and take the handle off ,only needs a spanner to turn on or off .

OGM

Quote from: Spectrum on March 19, 2023, 10:19:43 AMHi, can I buy these in Spain if so where? Showed the photo to someone in Fontarboleas and I may as well have shown him the inside of an alien spacecraft!
To be clear I need one that can be operated with a screwdriver, not a tap or lever.

If your really stuck, I'm flying out next Sunday, I could stick a couple in my bag for you.

steveconway24

Tetley

im just sat with a beer and mi yorkshire puddings, but from memory  i think you need a  1/2  or posible a 3/4 valve ( with a 15mm  pipe reducer )  check valve to take the 15mm pipe    either way ask in lapanto diy Albox, all the fittings are at the back left hand side behind the office.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Angleseyite

Quote from: Spectrum on March 19, 2023, 10:42:44 AM
Quote from: Angleseyite on March 19, 2023, 10:23:46 AM
Quote from: Spectrum on March 19, 2023, 10:19:43 AMHi, can I buy these in Spain if so where? Showed the photo to someone in Fontarboleas and I may as well have shown him the inside of an alien spacecraft!

Nearly all the DIY stores stock these valves, I'm amazed Fontarboleas didn't know what they are, as they fit them to boilers, sinks/toilets  etc.

To be clear I need one that can be operated with a screwdriver, not a tap or lever. Have you seen those?
[/quote
You may well be correct, mine all have the lever type, I thought I had seen the type you're after but I may be confused with the UK type, Try Longo's or Lopez at Antas..

Spectrum

Quote from: Angleseyite on March 19, 2023, 10:23:46 AM

Nearly all the DIY stores stock these valves, I'm amazed Fontarboleas didn't know what they are, as they fit them to boilers, sinks/toilets  etc.

To be clear I need one that can be operated with a screwdriver, not a tap or lever. Have you seen those?

Angleseyite

Spectrum

Hi, can I buy these in Spain if so where? Showed the photo to someone in Fontarboleas and I may as well have shown him the inside of an alien spacecraft!
To be clear I need one that can be operated with a screwdriver, not a tap or lever.