spanish driving licence

Started by Richard Betteridge, August 01, 2012, 11:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

My husband simply went to Mario Redondo at Serfila in Albox and he's doing all the paperwork and collection from Almeria for us.  All my husband had to do was walk around the corner from his office to get his medical done. 
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

trish

My husband decided to swop his EU licence for a spanish one this last week. We went to Checkbox in Albox where they do the full medical. Eye test, blood pressure, pulse rate, weight check and hearing test. This was followed by a medical record noted and medication logged onto their computer... two reaction timing tests and a photograph taken for the document. It took about an hour, was very easy going and cost 50euros. Then the next morning we went down to Traffico Office in Almeria, take a ticket from the machine, wait half an hour and pay another 26euros - another ticket, another half hour wait and they check all your documents - original and photo copies of passport, NIE, Residencia, uk licence and health document. The only problem we had was with the photograph - it has to be smaller than the typical passport photo so make sure you are well away from the camera to enable it to be cropped!!! It can all be done in a small mobile type office opposite the Traffico in Almeria if you can stand so much stress in one day. Hope this info is useful to you.

harmo

What are the costs.  Graham?.

Mike.

sandralos

You have to go along to traffico in Almeria - we completed the form there and then you need a photo to take with you and take it from there - if you go to the information desk they will give you the form to complete - but you must take a photo with you.

mikeypen

So assuming you have a full UK licence ??? "How do you change it for a Spanish one ?????????????"

ramblarider

Assuming you have a full UK licence, you can simply exchange it for a Spanish one.

If you don't, you will have to take instruction and a test.

There is in fact no need to change to a Spanish license, however, if you hold a full UK one as it is valid throughout the EU until expiry.

Richard Betteridge

could anybody please tell me the best way for a brit to obtain a spanish licence

THANKYOU RICHARD