Oliver's bar

Started by glenholt, July 14, 2015, 17:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chelsea09

I would.just like to say that oliver will be getting chairs with backs and bigger tables tomorrow

PandJ

Thank you Jim1544
Peter 
PandJ

simmo303

Just had a full English breakfast (excellent) with a drink for less than €4 Bargain I'd say !!!

jazzyanne

Hi Karen.  When can we expect the dance , keep fit classes to restart? Thanks Anne

Jim1544

Its "Jacks" bar, under new management, Ave Lepanto,  Albox opposite A P S A charity shop.
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

PandJ

Where is this new bar please
Peter
PandJ

glenholt

Thank you Karen, for getting back.

Olivers

Thank you for your comments.  We are waiting for chairs with backs,  if you had mentioned it we would have got you a chair with back from outside.  Please do bear with us we are awaiting kitchen appliance's  as we had to rip the kitchen out.  I will keep you all posted when the full menu is up and running

Kind Regards
Karen

david john

Quote from: byrney on July 14, 2015, 23:48:00 PM
Tetleys Smoothflow on tap? Must get down there.
byrney
You cant wobble that far.... :lol:
D.J.
I'm never having kids, I hear they take 9 months to download...

byrney

Tetleys Smoothflow on tap? Must get down there.

guest17313

Tandas, don't drink to much, then you wont fall off the barstool.
Only joking, barstools without back support can be a little uncomfortable after 3 or 4 hours.

glenholt

If this is true then I will definitely go back, as i said in the opening post it was only the seating I was unhappy with and I wished the new owners the best of luck in their new venture. As for the comment from nibbler did I tell the new owners, no I didn't, because there was only a young bar maid behind the bar. If they had been there I would have mentioned it.

commstwo

Also in there today. They said that they will be getting "proper" tables and chairs, particularly as next week they hope to have full menu up and running including racks of ribs, sirloin and rib eye steaks. Tetley Smooth Flow on tap. Will try it when they have full menu.

zuluwarrier

The owners told me yesterday that they were waiting delivery of new tables and chairs. One reason why the main menu is not up and running yet. Give them a chance.

Zuluwarrier

nibbler

Did you mention this to the owners?
Nibbler :tiphat:

tandas

If there are no chairs then we won't be going in as with hubby's bad back needs the support.  Hate stools anyway most uncomfortable and easy to fall off!

david john

Good review and you make a valid point. :tiphat:
Will pop-in myself when I am up that way.
D.J.
I'm never having kids, I hear they take 9 months to download...

glenholt

Went in there today for the first time, impressed with layout and design, a/c good, beer prices good, and the food looked good. But my main concern is the seating, not comfortable sitting on small stools with no back support having to lean on table to give your back some comfort. This was the reason I stopped going the The Bull in Albox, ( the stools do look familiar) they had the same sitting arrangement. My advice get real chairs, then i might have stayed for another beer, and had something to eat. This is my opinion, and I hope you make a success of the business. This is meant as a constructive critism before anyone has a go.