6 Nations rugby 2021

Started by lmj52, January 27, 2020, 16:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angleseyite

Great results all round. Diolch yn fawr Scotland :grin:

Old Pedro

Magnificent Scotland. After 18 phases plus after 80 minutes and the clock turned red what a try. Brilliant game and congratulations Wales as champions.

lmj52

Fantastic game. Brilliant win, I was screaming for Scotland to take the penalty kicks. If they had scored 2 more points they would have ended up in second place in the championship.
As a Welshman thank you Scotland.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Dunedin

Well done Scotland. A bit of a nail biter especially the last minutes. 27 to 23.😅😅

lmj52

Good luck Scotland this evening! Your Welsh brothers are hoping you can help us out.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

lmj52

Quote from: Johnny73 on March 23, 2021, 20:21:08 PM
A video is available of Ellis Genge ramming his elbow into the throat of Sexton more than once while he was on the ground defenceless in the Ireland v England game  in a pretty sickening attack and he doesent get cited today.
At the same time Bundee Aki gets 4 week ban for a 50-50 collision.
Love to know who was on the committee that made those decisions.??

Agree on Genge, he’s an animal. A history of doing this.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

A video is available of Ellis Genge ramming his elbow into the throat of Sexton more than once while he was on the ground defenceless in the Ireland v England game  in a pretty sickening attack and he doesent get cited today.
At the same time Bundee Aki gets 4 week ban for a 50-50 collision.
Love to know who was on the committee that made those decisions.??

Old Pedro

Wales had possession with less than two minutes to go. I agree with Martin Johnson when he said he didn't know how they did it but they did it. Just goes to show how much pressure the French put on Wales to create the penalties. All I can say is come on Scotland. Brilliant game of rugby, you couldn't take your eyes off it but fine margins.

lmj52

Terrific game, so disappointed for Wales.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

What a game and what a team. Well done France. Thats the way to play rugby. Some of the cynical play in the last 20 minutes was not very nice.
What a performance.  Ronan was wrong.

Dunedin

What a close even game. BUT for Wales so close yet so far away..🙄

lmj52

Good luck is prob lwc.
It’s a close game as I predicted   :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

Just watched Ronan o Gara who knows French Rugby so well and he said the French  are just a good side not a great side and Wales will thump them.
Hope so. How do you say Good Luck in Welsh .??

Johnny73

All the best to Wales,  hard to see them beating France who really look a class act but fingers crossed for them.

lmj52

Quote from: doreen1 on March 20, 2021, 19:08:46 PM
🇮🇪☘️👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Definitely not a red card for Aki

Agreed, a 50/50 ball.
A great Irish win, my wife was going nuts, a couple of sad English supporters in our bar, but mostly Welsh, Irish and Scottish here today. Lol
My earlier comment about an English win was in jest for my English friends!
A great day so far. Lol
Come on Wales, we can do this!
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

doreen1

🇮🇪☘️👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Definitely not a red card for Aki

Johnny73

Wow, didn't see that coming. What a superb performance by the Irish.
England getting bullied all over the pitch is a rare occurrence.

lmj52

Another big day for rugby! Scotland should be fine, interesting that Hogg is at 10. England should take Ireland, unless they get their act together. France v Wales is difficult to call. Hopefully Wales can do it.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

Disappointing game with so many errors. Scotland's lineout was awful.
What a kick under pressure by Sexton to win it.
Ireland need Ronan O Gara to come in as Manager ASAP.
Much as I would like to see Wales do the slam I can't see them dealing with this French side who are outstanding.

lmj52

Well that’s sorted out the Scottish maths!
A scrappy first half, but better second half.
Wales have a huge task beating the French for the grand slam.
Another good sporting weekend coming up, plus the F1 Grand Prix in Bahrain.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

With rain and wind in Scotland anything is possible today. Whoever wins the battle of the pack may decide this and Scotland are so physical as proved against England.
However I think Ireland are due to come good and this is probably their best team. Still not sure about the scrum half. Ireland for me.
May the best team win an exciting game.

Johnny73

So mathematics are not their strong point then. 😂😂

lmj52

My Scottish friends say it’s mathematically possible for Scotland to win the 6 nations!  :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Angleseyite

I prefer Wales made Italy look like an amateur team..  :grin:

lmj52

An intense close game England v France. Helped Wales’ progress, hopefully they’ll get the grand slam!
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

Thats the worst Italy have played for some time.Wales look like its a training excercise. Could be a big score unless Italy get it together and Wales have a couple sin binned.

Johnny73

Well I have no doubt England will push France all the way and will win today. The French havent faced anything like Englands physicality so far and if Farrell behaves and stops irritating the Ref and they keep the penalty count down then they should win.
Ireland have a very exciting team with lightening wingers and full back  and a great pack and the lineout back near its best so its Ireland for me.
Wales to win by 45 points.
Good luck to them all.

Old Pedro

England v France, should be a close game and France should just edge it, I hope not. Maro Itoje has conceded ten penalties in three games, England forty two in three games! If England keep their discipline and get ahead  they could win this game. As we have seen in the past Martin Johnson did lose his discipline until he was given the extra responsibility as captain and to lead by example. Itoje not for captain though right now. It looks like Daly is finally giving way to the impressive Malins at full back. Both defences will be strong. At least there will not be a French referee!

Scotland have not won in Ireland for maybe ten years, but if they replicate their performance against England it could seal another victory. Ireland notched up an impressive 48 points in their last game and I think this will be another great game of rugby to watch. Good to see Keith Earl back on the wing. Plenty of points in this game and I cannot call this one. Scotland have improved so much.

Italy conceded nearly 50 points in their last game and haven't won a six nations game for five years. I cannot see that changing and Wales are 1/10. Should be a similar score to the Ireland game. 

lmj52

Another rugby weekend. Wales should have a comfortable bonus point win.
Will France be suffering from their covid issues, will England maintain their indiscipline? France to win I think.
Scotland v Ireland will be a tough game, Scotland to win I think.
Hopefully some entertaining games
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

The referee has today admitted he made a few mistakes in the Wales England game notably the first try and the other one which they now admit was a knock on
And should not have stood..
Hopefully he is stood down for some time now.

Old Pedro

Wales v England, man of the match the referee from France  :laugh:All three guests on the BBC including Sam Warburton agreed the first try was controversial with the referee giving Farrell a few seconds to talk to his team. Wales started stronger and the game really didn't flow apart from inside the 22 with both teams making mistakes, England conceding 14 penalties in total not good enough. At 24 all indiscipline let Wales back in and Hill's took all nine points to make the game safe. Congratulations Wales, four tries and their highest score against England. Let's hope they can beat France in the final match to secure the Grand Slam.

Paul

Quote from: doreen1 on February 27, 2021, 21:02:44 PM
Well done Ireland and Wales. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
yes getting better with every game.  may not be a grand slam on offer this year with the French teams poor covid management

doreen1

Well done Ireland and Wales. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Angleseyite

Quote from: Paul on February 27, 2021, 19:52:20 PM
cymru am byth  :cheesy:
The lads did well, playing with passion and heart and good management always pays off :grin:

Johnny73

Perhaps Eddie should keep it zipped as should his captain. Lots of history here.
Wales were the better team on the day and that's all that counts in the valleys.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/who-wales-v-england-referee-19925153