Mammograms

Started by Mimi, June 29, 2009, 23:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LorrieC

I was at the urgencias in albox yesterday and the white van was there.

Jill

Got my letter last week. Also have a Sept appt.

lou

The letters are out I have an appointment for September!

LittleRichard

We went to Albox health centre last week and the mob van was parked outside. I think that was for mammograms

LR
VIVA ESPAÑA

Mercurian

I also got a letter 2 years ago so hopefully I will get one again.  If not I will phone and make an appointment.

shadeseeker

my wife received her letter about 2 weeks ago .Prior to this appointment she just walked in with her details ,she didnt have a medical card then but she was on my E106.
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

Mimi

Thanks for that  ;)

I got a letter 2 years ago so I should get one this time too  :whistle:

Titch

The letters are out. Ibelieve it was last here 2 years ago.  It's up to the age of 69.

Here's a bit from my other post with correction.

Now one for the LADIES. By the kindness if someone who recognised my name on an envelope in their yellow post box and ensured that it was passed to me, I now find myself with an appointment for a mammogram in September. SO the caravan will be in ALBOX medical car park for several weeks in September.  I expect that there are many more women who, because of the badly addressed envelopes, will not have received their appointment.  My envelope had the same address as on my residencia which is in the middle of the campo

I'm afraid I don't know whether there is a list of appointments in the medical centre, or whether you will have to check when the caravan arrives in Albox, but if you are due a check, please try not to miss it.

The telephone number for changing an appointment is 950 45 10 11/12  at Huercal hospital- Area de Gestion Sanitaria Norte de Almeria. Presumably you could check for your appointment using that number.

Titch

Mark Oxley

There was a notice up in Cantoria surgery last week to say that the mammograms would be commencing in Albox - at the medical centre in the white van  - from the 1st September. Letters should start soon . If you don´t recieve a letter then you have to ring a number which should be available from all local surgeries. Normally when the letters have been sent there is a pages of lists in the doctors where you can also check if you have been put down. The names of the people are all in groups of hamlets in each area so you tend to find the area first then look for your name

Becky
Mark Oxley
Cantoria

Mimi

Anyone heard if they are around here yet?

Mercurian

It's every 2 years here.

lance

Is it the same here as in the uk . 50 years for your first one then every 3 years

chelseaphil

We are on the padron but my wife has yet to receive a letter. We shall see.

mickandjan

Cloughie, it would seem that as long as you are on the padron you will be called for a mammogram.  I was notified before being a pensioner.  Presumably, if a problem was found, you would then have to be treated via your health insurance.

Mercurian

I got a letter last time but nothing so far this year.  I'll give it another couple of weeks and phone if necessary.  

Lynne

Not sure about that Cloughie, but I should imagine it's for non-private health people.  Ask your own doctor and they should organize an appointment for you but whether it will be at this one or at a private clinic, I can't say.  I'm sure somebody will be on the forum soon with the answer.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Cloughie

We are with private health care because of our age so will my wife getter a letter for a mammogram or will she have to go private.

Lynne

I was at the medical centre last week and there were notices (surprisingly in English too) for the mammogram van.  Unfortunately it didn't mention a date but just informed you that it was going to be there and if you haven't received your appointment then to contact a certain telephone number (no English spoken).  I still haven't received mine (that's nothing unusual) so I've been waiting to hear if anybody else had heard.  I should imagine that it's imminent.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Mercurian

I have been wondering that too.

Mimi

Does anyone know if, when and where the next session is in Albox as it is 2 years since they were here?