Citrus Trees

Started by dstratts, June 21, 2009, 15:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen4

Fun, isn't it? I hate gardening (now got a great gardener to do all the yucky stuff like weeding!) but love my garden because it never fails to surprise me!
Cl3880

Mercurian

My lemon tree seems to be everlasting.  At any one time there is blossom, green fruit and ripe fruit on it all the year round!  As has been said before on this forum - never give up on anything here because things that appear to be dead seem to suddenly spring to life.

Karen4

I have 2 lemon trees which are a couple of years old and have had no blossom yet, so things might kick off next year or so! Also my little mandarin tree had one orange last year, which promptly committed suicide by jumping off the tree when it was still so small you'd have needed a microscope to find it. This year I decided to stop faffing about with the tree and I just left it alone. There are now loads of oranges growing, still green, but getting there! The other little mandarin tree this year burst into blossom (not a leaf in sight!) and weeny fruits have started to appear, along with a few leaves....huh? I'm a real novice at this gardening lark, but from now on am just going to consider the plant life in my garden a surprise. Oh, and I've suddenly had a long-term stick turn into a fab bush with big orange flowers...still waiting to see what the other sticks are going to be..... ??? :lol:
Cl3880

Mercurian

My orange and lemon trees are both 2 years old.  The lemon tree has had lots of fruit but the orange tree only had 4 (lovely juicy) fruits last year.  This year there were dozens of fruits on the orange tree but quite a lot of the small ones have fallen off.  However, it still looks as though we are going to have a lot left.

judi bk

They may not be ready to fruit yet.  Funny things citrus trees ; they can sulk.  My lemon took almost 3 years and my orange has had fruit for the frst time this year and was planted in 2005.  they used to drop the little fruit - did this year but not all of them.  Most of the citrus trees in the fields around here have leaf curl.  I don't think it does too much danmage if there isn't a lot of it

dstratts

Can anybody help? we have 4 citrus trees in our garden ( 1 x lemon 1 x manadarin and 2 x oranges) every year they are covered in blossom, the small fruit then form but then within a short space of time they fall of, the trees have been planted about 3 years, the only visable problem is some leaves curl and some have spots on them, we have taken samples to the nursery's and followed recommended spraying treatment but the problem has remained.