Re: Inspection of irregular properties by Town Halls

Started by lisa j, November 03, 2008, 10:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dianamay

Thanks Rod , I understood they were working on Poligono numbers and last I heard they had got to number 11 we are number 36. Oh well just have to wait it out thanks a million anyway. :-)

Rod

We are in La Hortichuela, 300 mtrs. from the new Soprano's bar, used to be Diva's. He gave us our nimbers, 260 for the house and 261 for the pool, hope this helps.

dianamay

Rod - Could you tell me your Poligono Number, I thought it might give me an idea of when they may get to us. Thanks

Rod

Just had the visit from Proyme. Very nice man in Mercedes 4X4, must be paying him well. Speaks English so no problems there. Wanted our name, if we had electric and water and paid for rubbish. Also wanted developers name ( if they can find him, we can't ). Gave us two numbers as we have a pool. He said the paperwork will be ready for our inspection at the town hall of Albox in about 3 weeks. Didn't want to see any bills, contracts or house plans.

eric.e

Many thanks to all who have responded to my question about how to handle PROYME's inspectors' questions if you are not in residence when they visit.

Everyone very helpful as usual.

Eric

digifidd

Thanks for the tip Sheriff re the emails.  
However, as I am not in Spain, I am going to send it plus photos etc to them by post and  registered so that they have to sign for it and accept it.  There will be no saying that they haven't seen it or received it.

Best of luck to everyone concerned.

Digi

The Sheriff ILLIA.

I am a long time client of Proyme's - but one thing they don't do is answer e-mails   you are better going into the office and seeing them face to face.  Their office is at suicide corner above the Dress shop.
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

JoMo

Hi Eric,
Albox council have agreed that you can fill in the form and send it to PROYME if you are not currently resident.
See www.almanzora-au.org for a copy of the form.
If you are not sure that your house should be included in the survery please see our new link  CHECK THE DESIGNATION OF YOUR LAND.

Regards,
JoMo

Tasony

Lisen into Valle radio tomorrow between 7 and 9, the AUAN will have a full update from the mornings meeting.

dianamay

Thank you JoMo that would be very helpful, not too many people can stay at home for the next 2 to 3 months! :-)

JoMo

Hi Eric.e,
We have a meeting with Paco Conchillo from Albox council tomorrow (Thursday 4th) beause a number of our members have raised similar concerns. ie. if you are not in your property during the period of the inspection (for whatever reason) how can you provide your details to the inspector.  I will post an update on the AUAN web page when we have an answer.

Regards,
JoMo

eric.e

Quote from: "digifidd"If you try googling Proyme a link comes up that mentions Proyme in Albox. According to Albox Info site, they speak English.  Try emailing them - a contact form is given.

Many thanks for that suggestion, Digifidd. The Proyme site you mention
http://www.proyme.com/?categoria=&seccion=&idioma=en
sounds very welcoming -- but I've tried emailing them three times (on mailto:info@proyme.com">info@proyme.com) but my attempts keep getting returned with a message that their mailbox is full (presumably of messages from other local residents enquiring about the inspections!)

Do let us know if you have better luck with the town hall.

All the best,
Eric

blueboy

thanks digifidd,it seem's most people i.e. expats are up against a third world system of rule by corruption.put the legal system at the top of the pile.hope you get it sorted soon.

digifidd

Sent you a PM Blueboy to explain why.  Dont want to bore everyone with the whole saga again.

Cheers, Digi

blueboy

digifidd,why cant you live near your spanish neighbours.it seems a shame you have a home in spain and can't live in it.

JoMo

You are not wrong Rambla girl. Even though all the councils received the same orders from Seville they all appear to have come up with slightly different versions of the form. This may be related to local circumstances ie. the council already has the data re. building licenses, legal situation, who the builder is....etc.

ramblagirl

I'm a little confused here. We live on the Rambla de Oria and Proyme visited us nearly a month ago. All he asked was who the owner of the house was (he had already filled in the parcela number) and whether we had electricity, water or telephone.I asked him if he needed to see the Escritura and he said no the only other thing he was going to do was take a photograph of the house. That was it. No NIE number, who the constructor was...nothing. This seems to be in contradiction to the suggestion of a list of questions being talked about.

JoMo

Albox town hall did not have a clear answer for us this question when we spoke to them but they were still formulating their plans. We will go back to them on this issue and provide an update.
In the meantime, the latest information is now on www.almanzora-au.org including a list of the questions that will be asked.

digifidd

Eric, I dont know where your house is, but mine is near Albox (outlying area near Los Guillenes) and I am in the position whereby I cant live in my house due to the Spanish neighbours.  I have emailed the Albox Town Hall to see how we can get the correct information to Proyme who are doing the Albox survey as we wont be there when/if the inspectors come calling.

I dont want to be penalised just because my villa is uninhabited.  It is our primary residence although we are now back in the UK (renting).

If you try googling Proyme a link comes up that mentions Proyme in Albox. According to Albox Info site, they speak English.  Try emailing them - a contact form is given.

That is what I am going to do, if I do not hear back from the Albox Ayuntamiento.

Good luck

eric.e

Quote from: "JoMo"Hi Eric,

PROYME are creating the register by calling to your house, taking two photographs and asking you various questions.

What are those of us to do, JoMo, who are still living in the UK (or elsewhere in Spain) because the building of our houses was stopped before they were sufficently completed to live in?

How can we answer those PROYME's questions if we are not on site and have no indication as when PROYME are likely to turn up there?

Is there anyway of contacting them?

Best regards,
Eric

JoMo

Hi Eric,

PROYME are creating the register by calling to your house, taking two photographs and asking you various questions.

Also, SHERRIF, the survey form asks for your catastral reference(if you have one) so your friend is not correct when he tells you that you do not need to be surveyed if you are already on the catastral.

eric.e

Quote from: "JoMo"As it is very important that your house is on this register if it is 'irregular' I would not be inclined to take Jose Luis word for it. I would get on the register if I were you just to be sure.

What is the name of this register? How does one find out if one's house is on it or not? And, if it is not, How, Where and with Whom does one get on it?

Cheers,
Eric

JoMo

The Junta de Andalucia has sent down orders from Seville to all the towns of the valley to make a catalogue of all homes and constructions on 'suelo no urbanizable' In the case of Albox this means everything outside of the town itself. The census is ordered regardless of the age of the house or its state of 'regularity'. This information is directly from the town hall (Paco Conchillo).

The contract to perform the survey in Albox has been given to PROYME. They will call to your house, take photographs and ask questions.

As it is very important that your house is on this register if it is 'irregular' I would not be inclined to take Jose Luis word for it. I would get on the register if I were you just to be sure.   Especially if the town hall is telling you that you can't have your documentation without it.

The AUAN website http://www.almanzora-au.org will carry regular updates on the inspection plans. We are currently speaking to the mayors in the towns where we have members to get the most accurate information possible.

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Don't expect this collection of property address to solve all your problems - it has just raised another one for me.

I am waiting for 2 documents from Albox Ayuntamiento  - their latest statement  is that my property will have to be added to this list and regularised before they will issue them.

Problem -  My property is already registered with the Catastral and having spoken to Jose Luis who is doing the register for the Ayuntamiento he will not be calling on me for my details - because it was him who registered my property last year and he knows therefore it is registered. My property is ' Legal ' if that means anything to everyone except Albox Ayuntamiento ?

I asked the question - What happens if I do go on the register and when my details are given to the Catastral - will they register  2 houses for me - they reply was the usual shrug of the shoulders -   Does anyone know what they are doing !!!!!!!!
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Why not go direct to their office, it is above the dress shop on Suicide Corner - the whole of that building is theirs, you may need some Spanish or ask to see Jose Luis.
Fred Sheriff.

ramblagirl

The last time I saw the van it was outside Angelita's bar around 8.30am a few days ago. I have a friend going out to look for him tomorrow as she is going to the UK for a week. If she finds him I'll post the location.

lisa j

Hola ramblagirl,

Thanks for that, we are usually out in the dark and back in the dark atm but we will ask around, have you seen his van recently by any chance?

lisa j
Rambla De Oria's only licensed Elephant Catcher.

ramblagirl

Lisa, I live on the Rambla. We have two houses one we live in and one further up the Rambla. When he called at our house I completely forgot to tell him about the other one so we just got in the car and drove around until we found him.He has a Proyme sign written van which is not too far from where he is working so its just a case of looking and asking around where he is.

lisa j

Hola,

Just read an article in the Sol Times by Jo Tissington today, clarifying the current position. We were informed that Proyme called at our property on the Rambla De Oria, but did not leave any forms for us to complete.

We are registered on the Padron in Oria, is anyone else in this position and what have you done?

lisa j :(
Rambla De Oria's only licensed Elephant Catcher.

JoMo

The AUAN is setting up a meeting with the mayor of Cantoria to request the creation of a working party to address any questions or concerns about the completion of this form. see http://www.almanzora-au.org
The website also provides a suggested response to some of the questions that you may not be able to answer with a simple yes or no.

digifidd

In 2007, Jo Tissington had already started to gather this type of information for the Albox Town hall, so they should be way ahead with their survey of illegal builds,  shouldn't they?

Incidentally, if we are now being advised to take legal advice before helping the Town halls fill this information out - it's a bit late.

JoMo

Also look in the Current News section on  the AUAN website www.almanzora-au.org.
We published a lot of information in September on the Inspection Plan.

edsa

Eric,
read the post from mojo dated 18th September on this  page, it should make everything clear      viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15661&p=75385&hilit=illegal+houses#p75385

eric.e

Hi Ramblagirl,
Do you, or does anyone else online, know what they are inspecting FOR? I mean, most of the questions raised on the Cantoria and Almazora questionnaire are not answerable by inspection, only by interviewing people. (Is there no facility for owners to send them some of the information they need?) So what are they LOOKING for, I wonder -- e.g.closeness to a watercourse, how near completion, quality of build?

Cheers,
Eric