Access to Lidl, Albox.

Started by sleepy john, November 22, 2016, 16:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greggers

But Sleepy John asked in the OP if anyone else agreed with his opinion..............obviously he has got his answer, a definite 'No' which is of no surprise !

Mickey

Reading through the responses it's no surprise that the majority of people in Arboleas no longer waste there time posting on this forum.p
Mickey

Wrypop

Quote from: sleepy john on November 24, 2016, 15:15:57 PM

Quote from: Wrypop on November 23, 2016, 09:11:31 AM
Time to wake up Sleepy John. Perhaps there are slightly more important things to worry about - like your driving ability.  There is a Lidl in Kent on your way back through.
I'm glad you think the issue is trivial. Perhaps you like your tyres being shredded to bits and your tracking being misaligned by driving over potholes. What has any of this to do with Kent?
[/quote]

Kent ? Its where you come out of the tunnel on the way to a safer shopping experience. I went to Lidl today - one way in and one way out couldn't be safer. OK there  were a few crumpled cars as the owners swapped insurance details but after driving around the injured and maimed I made it home.

KJH3

Well don't go down the rambla road use the other exit. And like others have said on many issues, if Spain irks you off that much.!!!! The UK  awaits your return.

Greggers

Seems that sleepyjohn has definitely woken up now !

Lynden

Sleepy John you could arrange for a number of near misses or minor accidents to reinforce your case.....but I wouldn't bother.
In Spain little thought is given to traffic flow, ergonomics or junction design. Pavements have more levels than an arcade game and are usually broken, blocked with street lamps or signage and never repaired.

In fact I think there's more chance of Elvis being found alive eating a burger on Mars than getting any change on the access to Lidl.

sleepy john

[/quote]
Quote from: Wrypop on November 23, 2016, 09:11:31 AM
Time to wake up Sleepy John. Perhaps there are slightly more important things to worry about - like your driving ability.  There is a Lidl in Kent on your way back through.
I'm glad you think the issue is trivial. Perhaps you like your tyres being shredded to bits and your tracking being misaligned by driving over potholes. What has any of this to do with Kent?

Trev

Quote from: Tetley on November 24, 2016, 09:55:53 AM
Quote from: Trev on November 24, 2016, 09:08:16 AM
If someone has nothing better to worry about than access to Lidl in ALbox, then life must be pretty carefree.

Waste of time looking for a solution to a problem that simply doesn't exist. :whistle:

Trev
this is why i turn round in Dear car park,it feels like ive had more of a day out , :laugh:

:lol:

Tetley

Quote from: Trev on November 24, 2016, 09:08:16 AM
If someone has nothing better to worry about than access to Lidl in ALbox, then life must be pretty carefree.

Waste of time looking for a solution to a problem that simply doesn't exist. :whistle:

Trev
this is why i turn round in Dear car park,it feels like ive had more of a day out , :laugh:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Trev

mickmatthews

Why drive as far as Dia, many places to turn around before there. Still better than going via Longo's & across the rambla & numerous potholes. Not going to knock on about the U.K. but there is no way that planning permission would have been granted for a supermarket unless they were prepared to pay for major road improvements around a large area.  Still Spain is Spain, lessons to be learnt either way.

Tetley

Just turn round in Dia carpark......job done  :thumbsup:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

I have no problem whatsoever with the access to/from Lidl.

It would be more convenient if there were dashed lines allowing access from the Arboleas end, but for God's sake let's not have yet another bloody unecessary roundabout.

KJH3

Oh please don't stop the moaners having their daily fix, if this was England,  if this was the UK etc etc etc etc. If life here is so troublesome go back to the UK.  It is not the UK.

Wrypop

Jo-JoB

If it's a problem don't shop there!!! There are plenty of other retail outlet you can use!!

Or are you just looking for another unimportant subject to have a moan about !!!

If you don't like stuff about Spain, just go back to the UK!!!

I'm pretty sure that would be the advice you gave to migrants who live in the UK, if they moaned about their adopted country!!

Greggers

Roughly how many accidents have there been going into or out of Lidl ?

Brezo

The access ( and egress) to Lidl is pretty dire from either direction.
People may moan about the planning system in the UK, but the store wouldn´t have opened there without satisfying the traffic requirements of the planning department.
Then everyone would have been safer!

jonnno

U can cross from Arboleas approach - there are several sections of broken lines just after Lidl but u need to pull into one of the businesses and then pull out again. Legal, I think, but inconvenient.

ColinC

Quote from: CT on November 22, 2016, 19:42:47 PM
No problem accessing it from Longo's as you've already suggested Colin :tiphat:

No but it could do with being adopted by the council and filling in those couple of nasty potholes! But it is a good shortcut..

I did hear that Lidl's wanted to go there as it was the closest they could get to Colin The Card...LOL

CT

No problem accessing it from Longo's as you've already suggested Colin :tiphat:

ColinC

Quote from: Peter and Frances on November 22, 2016, 18:58:16 PM
I don't understand what the problem is it is quite accessible from either approach 

But you can't cross the white line coming from Arboleas side... 200 euro fine if the Guardia catch you!

ColinC

Quote from: sandy b on November 22, 2016, 18:14:28 PM
When they built the Lidls in Huercal Overa and the one in Garrucha they put a roundabout in so why didnt they do it in Albox.

Could be a variety of reasons.. proximity to the bend, lack of demand from the local council etc..

Peter and Frances

I don't understand what the problem is it is quite accessible from either approach 

sandy b

When they built the Lidls in Huercal Overa and the one in Garrucha they put a roundabout in so why didnt they do it in Albox.

ColinC

Coming off the main road, you should only access it coming from the direction of Albox as it is a solid centre white line coming from the direction of Arboleas.

You can of course access it from the rear entrance by coming past Longo's and going down across the rambla, it is partly tarmac but some pot holes have appeared.

I don't know what the issues would be in allowing an island, but I doubt that Lidls would pay, in fact the road across the ramble was made tarmac as a result of local business organised by Font Almanzora (the plumbers) and all the businesses at Longo's, (including us), I can't quite remember but I don't think Lidls contributed!

Colin

sleepy john

I think most people will agree that entry and exit from this store is, at the least inconvenient, and at the worst downright dangerous. In my view a roundabout should be built there to serve Lidl and other local businesses. I'm sure Lidl would only be too happy to contribute to the cost, as it would increase their custom. Do others agree?